• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. My point is that there are quite a few teams that "cheat" and get caught. The Huskies and the Trojans are just two of many.
If you want to go back to full ancient history, then the conference was so full of it that it lead to the disbanding of the original PCC in the first place. The slush funds and paying players on top of other forms of cheating was pretty wide spread, so too was trying to turn in other schools for both legit, and bogus shit.

And none of it has anything to do with what's going on today in the conference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, cheating is cheating. Why are you putting a "time limit" on cheating? How many years ago was USC put on probation. By the way do you classify five years "recent", 2010 is when the Trojans were put on probation?
Placed no limits. Said that when your team has more recent and far worse stuff on the books it's funny to see you bring up more distant and relatively minor stuff. Thought that was kind of clear?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placed no limits. Said that when your team has more recent and far worse stuff on the books it's funny to see you bring up more distant and relatively minor stuff. Thought that was kind of clear?
"You stated the following in comment #938 "when one roots for a team that has recent vacated games/seasons/ aware it's kind of funny to have them dredge up things from decades earlier that paled in comparison. It's a joke".To me you were putting "a time limit on a player violation"!! Both Bush and Hobert took money, that you shouldn't have.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so cute watching fuskies and Trojan fans argue as if they mean anything in todays college football world.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many vacated games are on UW's books? Right. I thought so.

There's a difference between institutional cheating and covering up and a team getting penalized over a player violating the rules and getting caught. Hobert took money/car/whatever from some dipshit in Idaho that wasn't close to the program and wasn't well known by the staff. He was at best a distant outside booster. Hobert was selfish and stupid. The team and staff cooperated fully. There were no vacated games.

Shall we look at USC's mess in comparison? I really don't think you need it do you?

Sounds like the Bush story

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so cute watching fuskies and Trojan fans argue as if they mean anything in todays college football world.
LOL, we are not arguing. We are just bringing up old shit. Good luck on your Ducks this year.:suds:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, any of you assholes want in on some college fantasy football action?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this thread smelled like my attic.

Filled with the early 90s.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. I don't even do pro FF, why on earth would I do it for college? :noidea:

I enjoy being a fan. I don't want to have to pull for some guys on teams I hate because of FF. Just not doing it.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we play you guys right before UCLA. Its the off year for ND/UCLA back to back

November 21st..a week before the rivalry games. Hopefully (crosses fingers) both teams come into that game either undefeated or with no more than one loss each.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. I don't even do pro FF, why on earth would I do it for college? :noidea:

I enjoy being a fan. I don't want to have to pull for some guys on teams I hate because of FF. Just not doing it.
You don't have to pull for them. Just pick guys who will do well, regardless of how you feel about them, make sure they're playing that week, and forget about it until monday...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to pull for them. Just pick guys who will do well, regardless of how you feel about them, make sure they're playing that week, and forget about it until monday...
I haven't once in my life been a part of a FF team. I watched my parents go bat shit crazy and spend hours researching that shit when I was younger. I had a lot better things to do with my time. And as I said, I'd much rather just enjoy my team and not muddy up the waters with having to pull for guys that are on teams I don't care for.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't once in my life been a part of a FF team. I watched my parents go bat shit crazy and spend hours researching that shit when I was younger. I had a lot better things to do with my time. And as I said, I'd much rather just enjoy my team and not muddy up the waters with having to pull for guys that are on teams I don't care for.
Fair enough, some people do get ridiculously into it. Like I said, I'm more of a pick who will do well and forget a out it for the weekend type... there is no rooting for anyone I wouldn't typically root for.

Anyway, noted, the future badgering to join is not directed at you or @WhiteMamba.

Status
Not open for further replies.