• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but washington going 7-6 and 4-5 in conference last year somehow makes them one?
Cal didn't look that great... and they drew the top teams from the south this year.

You know why UW is considered a contender by some, you don't need to be difficult about it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? i fell like this year out of all years is super up in the air in the North. 4 maybe 5 teams that could potentially win it.
He's at least partially right. You have said you like UW more next season, but that defense is going to be gone after this year. Lots of Jr's that will come out early and Sr's all over it. Offense might/should keep growing and get even better in '17, but this team is driven by the defense and replacing Baker and most of that back end and playing at their level is a hell of a tall order. They need to make their mark now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but washington going 7-6 and 4-5 in conference last year somehow makes them one?
You are seriously hung up on prior years results aren't you?
You look at schedule heavily in college football right? OOC? Mostly garbage. Road games? Ducks will be the only game they are likely to be underdogs in unless they falter. Toughest games early with having far less key players they are breaking in than their opponents.

If you really want to look at last season and project it to this season at least notice that most of their games were close and they held all but one team to below their season average score. They don't have to do much to add several more wins. Just be a tad better on offense and stay more or less the same on defense and you have 9 wins easy, possibly 10 with a bowl win and that's not asking much given this schedule.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is a very fair assessment ^^^^^^ Until this Duck fan sees Hoke's defense and our Transfer QB, no crowing about this years team. Hope Freeman stays healthy and can rush for at least 1,500.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at schedule heavily in college football right? OOC? Mostly garbage. Road games? Ducks will be the only game they are likely to be underdogs in unless they falter. Toughest games early with having far less key players they are breaking in than their opponents.

If you really want to look at last season and project it to this season at least notice that most of their games were close and they held all but one team to below their season average score. They don't have to do much to add several more wins. Just be a tad better on offense and stay more or less the same on defense and you have 9 wins easy, possibly 10 with a bowl win and that's not asking much given this schedule.
IMO, the Huskies will be very good this year. They have great DB's and a solid offense. Beware PAC 12 North!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A huge asterisk, the best QB in the country was out for the Apple Cup.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vCashed the shitter for OC J Smith and Browning to open up a can-O-whoopazz today on the Lake...GL2them I say.

UO is a dissapoint w/ CalDavis...UPSET ALERT!

Stanford shits the ATS 1st game every year...MONEY!

Beavers...protect the QB blindside, quit making Bolden part of the BIG picture and give the COTDAM BALL to Seth Collins 60% of the time.

Buffz... Gratz!

Utes...nice D

USC..."goodnite Irene, goodnite Irene..."

Wazzou..."Just win Baby!" Al Davis

those desert rats...who cares, we let you into the PAC to beat the crappers outta ya.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling a weird loss premonition to a mid major followed by a glorious 8-4 campaign with shitty losses and improbable upsets.

I honestly have no idea if we're okay, horrible, good or great. The defensive line might be fucking phenomenal... Or horse shit. We might be able to run all god damn day on anyone. Or not. I don't know. I don't think Todd Graham knows. It all depends on the newest OC acquisition.

I do like the odds of the front 7 being stellar though and that normally bodes well. It would be really nice if we can rush 4 or 5 and get pressure.

Really, so long as we look solid for next year, beat Arizona, continue the streak vs. Washington and aren't a generally terrible team, I'm good. I just want to see them build for a monster 2017, which seems really doable.

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling a weird loss premonition to a mid major followed by a glorious 8-4 campaign with shitty losses and improbable upset.

8-4 with that defense?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4 with that defense?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I like our defensive line. And linebackers. It won't be a bad defense unless it's really predictable.

Awfully cocky for a team that hasn't beaten us in like 14 years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So SEC owns the Pac South this year?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU not doing much to help that either right now

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early in the season to bring back Couged it?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was speaking in general, but beat your chest over owning little ol' Rutgers if you want.
Who's beating a chest? :noidea: I just said speak of your team when talking about looking like ass.

Won't claim anyone will know what UW is this year until at least after the zona game, but they sure aren't "ass" at this point.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's beating a chest? :noidea: I just said speak of your team when talking about looking like ass.

Won't claim anyone will know what UW is this year until at least after the zona game, but they sure aren't "ass" at this point.
based on what I saw from a small sample volume I would have to agree. I would put the north right now as far as shotgun reaction Washington, Stanford, Oregon, Cal, Oregon State, WSU. but if WSU pulls it out then they go ahead of Beavers based on winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.