• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't get how recruiting cycles work. Got it. :L

You can't judge the quality of the classes Petersen has brought in until it reaches maturity. That isn't done in two years and given that his first class was hastily thrown together on very short notice that one isn't likely to ever be one of the top classes of all time.

As for poor Sark? His last two classes would have been after pretty decent years while most across the country were giving UW an overall looking upward moving program.

The reality is no school gets one of everything every year. You are going to have holes that have to be filled in following years, but Sark was super thin on quality QB's/WR's which was supposed to be his bread and butter. UW may end up starting a true freshman at QB because of how bad those he brought in were.

I know how recruiting cycles work. I'm just saying he inherited a 0-12 team. So you pretty much have to take what you can get recruiting wise since you pretty much need everything and I imagine skill guys are the type that want to go to a school thats running on all cylinders already. At USC in his second year he's got 5 star QBs leaving because they don't see playing time in the future , he'
s had a top 3 recruiting classin The same amount of time Peterson has been at Washington. Hmmmmmm.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It most likely won't be ASU. I was glad to stay within 4 TDs after the previous 2 smack downs . Something about the match up doesn't work well, although the CU-ASU game was still interesting later than expected last year.

Kalen Ballage gonna get more work?

Ballage will play a pretty big role this year. He's ready to start at RB, but there's another RB ahead of him. He'll still get a lot of touches since he's had a great spring and summer. It took him a year to realize he was 230 pounds and should be using it instead of trying to outrun everyone all the time. Also might play some rush end in passing situations a few times a game. I know Oregon's guys get the hype, but I'm not entirely convinced ASU doesn't have the best RB group in the conference. There are like 4 guys that are just really impressive and they've all come in from the last 2 recruit classes.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how recruiting cycles work. I'm just saying he inherited a 0-12 team. So you pretty much have to take what you can get recruiting wise since you pretty much need everything and I imagine skill guys are the type that want to go to a school thats running on all cylinders already. At USC in his second year he's got 5 star QBs leaving because they don't see playing time in the future , he'
s had a top 3 recruiting classin The same amount of time Peterson has been at Washington. Hmmmmmm.
And once again, the kids that are left from Sark's regime weren't part of that first class of his. He took over in '09. If all you wanted to look at was 5th yr sr's (which there aren't/weren't many of for obvious reasons) they were third year guys when all the buzz was helping them reach some pretty decent recruiting classes.

There is zero impact from 0-12 on the kids that are still here from his classes.

I made this pretty simple for you. He did get some quality guys in most of those classes, but there were holes in what he got and they are really killing us now. Add injuries and dismissals and there are quite a few that require starting younger kids than most programs would be comfortable with. It's a combination of factors.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again, the kids that are left from Sark's regime weren't part of that first class of his. He took over in '09. If all you wanted to look at was 5th yr sr's (which there aren't/weren't many of for obvious reasons) they were third year guys when all the buzz was helping them reach some pretty decent recruiting classes.

There is zero impact from 0-12 on the kids that are still here from his classes.

I made this pretty simple for you. He did get some quality guys in most of those classes, but there were holes in what he got and they are really killing us now. Add injuries and dismissals and there are quite a few that require starting younger kids than most programs would be comfortable with. It's a combination of factors.

So you think after 0-12 it's just the next year you have an uphill climb to get kids? Every team has injuries and dismissals.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think after 0-12 it's just the next year you have an uphill climb to get kids? Every team has injuries and dismissals.
Today's 5th year sr's were part of what class? Quick -

The '11 class was Sark's 3 recruiting class. It was 23rd in the nation and well ahead of UCLA, UA, ASU, etc. Does that sound like it was suffering from events that were over several years prior? Doesn't sound like it to me. The '12 class was even higher.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete just needs that smart qb. The other positions will be there.

My gosh look at k. Moore

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids like Moore don't come along that often, at least not for the second tier teams.

Browning has the most upside of the 3 on the team. At least his ceiling projects to be quite a bit higher than the other two, but both of the other two are strong mobile runners as well and have more time in the system.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The '11 class was Sark's 3 recruiting class. It was 23rd in the nation and well ahead of UCLA, UA, ASU, etc. Does that sound like it was suffering from events that were over several years prior? Doesn't sound like it to me. The '12 class was even higher.

I think you guys are saying essentially the same thing, just different words.

Sark was essentially "recruiting uphill" when he took over. He inherited an 0-12 team that was pretty well devoid of much talent. He was able to recruit fairly well and make the Huskies respectable again.

He didn't leave Coach Pete a bare cupboard, but he didn't exactly leave him a full place setting either. When factoring in the natural attrition that comes with any coaching change, you get what Washington has, which is a young, inexperienced team that is likely to struggle given the schedule they face. Imo, they are likely to be the proverbial "better than their record shows" type of team.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the country is ready for the rest of the PAC to start cheating as well so Oregon won't run away with the conference again.

USC has proven it can be done.

What say you perennial doormats?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Washington was lacking QBs and WRs when he got there maybe Pete should have signed more than one of each in 2014.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the country is ready for the rest of the PAC to start cheating as well so Oregon won't run away with the conference again.

USC has proven it can be done.

What say you perennial doormats?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington was lacking QBs and WRs when he got there maybe Pete should have signed more than one of each in 2014.
I said there was more than just leaving them bare. Injuries, retirements, dismissals, and transfers are also part of the story. Said that clearly. At QB there was a mix of all of that, however none of his top QB recruits popped. Just a fact. That's why you get so many. As for recruiting more, they had 4 going into this season which is what most teams have. Cyler left the program due to financial hardship. Not that this is a bad thing for the program, but had he left before the last class was signed maybe they get one more.

WR is one that also was a mix of guys he brought that didn't pop, injury (Ross), and dismissal (Stringfellow).

The real problem with depth of sr players is Sark didn't red shirt that many kids and we had a slew go out early. This has left the program with far fewer kids from the '11 and '12 classes than they would otherwise have had.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stop trying to play ref tf12. You don't bite on my Sark attacks much anymore. Don't be a total buzz kill and take SCJ out with you. A dawg has to have his fun somehow ffs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said there was more than just leaving them bare. Injuries, retirements, dismissals, and transfers are also part of the story. Said that clearly. At QB there was a mix of all of that, however none of his top QB recruits popped. Just a fact. That's why you get so many. As for recruiting more, they had 4 going into this season which is what most teams have. Cyler left the program due to financial hardship. Not that this is a bad thing for the program, but had he left before the last class was signed maybe they get one more.

WR is one that also was a mix of guys he brought that didn't pop, injury (Ross), and dismissal (Stringfellow).

The real problem with depth of sr players is Sark didn't red shirt that many kids and we had a slew go out early. This has left the program with far fewer kids from the '11 and '12 classes than they would otherwise have had.

You dont usually burn red shirts unless you're really in need. Hopefully for you guys it's not a bad a season as some people have predicted but looking at your schedule it's going to be tough to get more than six wins. I do wish you good luck because I want the PAC to be considered the top conference and washington is supposed to be a strong program.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stop trying to play ref tf12. You don't bite on my Sark attacks much anymore. Don't be a total buzz kill and take SCJ out with you. A dawg has to have his fun somehow ffs.

lol. The season will be here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.