• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Represent! Granted you'd likely have a lot more if this was the 90s :D

I don't expect it to necessarily reflect in the W/L record, but CU is A LOT better than they were a few years ago. Hawkins and Embree burned this program to the ground. And then pissed on it.
Definitely improving and will continue to do so. They will bite someone this year. Looking forward to it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ready to believe in the Petersen magic yet?
Has nothing to do with his staff or belief in what they are doing, it's the reality of lack of experience in most of the key positions. Sark left the cupboards stocked in a few positions, but he didn't leave much senior depth (what would have been fr/so while he as still here) in positions like RB, QB, WR, and DL. When you add the kids that have been dismissed from the team and just the change in philosophy making some kids less desirable for this staff than the last one, you get a lot of unknown/unproven youth in too many key roles.

:dhd:
Socaljim jumping on the Sark comments in 3.... 2.... 1....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ready to believe in the Petersen magic yet?

We're expecting a better offense in 2015, but we all can see that it's still a year away before this team will be competitive against the top tier of the PAC. We got some nice players on both sides of the ball, but we still got more work to do.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with his staff or belief in what they are doing, it's the reality of lack of experience in most of the key positions. Sark left the cupboards stocked in a few positions, but he didn't leave much senior depth (what would have been fr/so while he as still here) in positions like RB, QB, WR, and DL. When you add the kids that have been dismissed from the team and just the change in philosophy making some kids less desirable for this staff than the last one, you get a lot of unknown/unproven youth in too many key roles.

In Sarks defense imagine how hard it must have been for him to recruit players for a team that was 0-12 the year before. Look how its taking Peterson time and he got a team that won eight more games than the one Sark got. Even when things are rolling you're going to have positions with less depth than others. I'm sure as good as they are Bama , Ohio state and Oregon have depth issues somewhere on their team.
Hope I didnt make you wait to long. Was having lunch at venice Beach boardwalk.lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Sarks defense imagine how hard it must have been for him to recruit players for a team that was 0-12 the year before. Look how its taking Peterson time and he got a team that won eight more games than the one Sark got. Even when things are rolling you're going to have positions with less depth than others. I'm sure as good as they are Bama , Ohio state and Oregon have depth issues somewhere on their team.
Hope I didnt make you wait to long. Was having lunch at venice Beach boardwalk.lol
So you don't get how recruiting cycles work. Got it. :L

You can't judge the quality of the classes Petersen has brought in until it reaches maturity. That isn't done in two years and given that his first class was hastily thrown together on very short notice that one isn't likely to ever be one of the top classes of all time.

As for poor Sark? His last two classes would have been after pretty decent years while most across the country were giving UW an overall looking upward moving program.

The reality is no school gets one of everything every year. You are going to have holes that have to be filled in following years, but Sark was super thin on quality QB's/WR's which was supposed to be his bread and butter. UW may end up starting a true freshman at QB because of how bad those he brought in were.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're expecting a better offense in 2015, but we all can see that it's still a year away before this team will be competitive against the top tier of the PAC. We got some nice players on both sides of the ball, but we still got more work to do.
What? who is expecting that?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:dhd:
No need for magic if Sark had left the cupboard full of talent. I, for no reason I can state, believe we will see something. I don't see Coach Pete as a mere four game winner. We'll see.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely improving and will continue to do so. They will bite someone this year. Looking forward to it.

It most likely won't be ASU. I was glad to stay within 4 TDs after the previous 2 smack downs . Something about the match up doesn't work well, although the CU-ASU game was still interesting later than expected last year.

Kalen Ballage gonna get more work?

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I'm reading it, Browning looking like starter?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the future for sure. But I'm not sure he's physically ready yet. Right now I think Lindquist has the momentum.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the future for sure. But I'm not sure he's physically ready yet. Right now I think Lindquist has the momentum.
Those near the program are saying it's not as easy as saying Lindquist has the lead. He's not shown the consistency they want, even if he has the most grasp of the playbook and is a legit threat to run which puts more pressure on the D.

Browning has made some sick throws in camp and is growing quite well, but hasn't been given nearly as much of the playbook as the other two and he makes rookie mistakes.

The question of the staff may really come down to a question of what's in the programs best interest this year vs down the road. Burn Jake's red shirt and you might find lightning, particularly in the second half of the year. Most think he has the biggest upside. But doing that kills his chance to be a 5th year sr when the program might be ready to take more advantage of his talents.

My best guess is we see either Carta-Samuels or Lindquist vs BSU, but I really think there's still a better than 50/50 chance that Jake gets the rock before conference play opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.