• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last of the practices with media involved this weekend. Now comes the private final prep for the season opener.

The team appears to be healthy with no major injuries to projected starters right now.

Husky defense appears to started right where they left off last year being #1 in the PAC. They've looked incredible throughout the fall camp. The first team defense your going to see out there this year will mainly look like:

Elijah Qualls, Greg Gaines and Jaylen Johnson up front, Psalm Wooching, Azeem Victor, Keishawn Bierria and Joe Mathis at linebacker, Sidney Jones and Kevin King at cornerback and Budda Baker and Jojo McIntosh at safety.

Our crew of DBs is looking like one of the deepest in the nation.

Probably the biggest question going into the season will be the performance of the WR corps. They were a big disappointment last year and got our WR coach shown the door. The new position coach has done an incredible job at recruiting out of the gate, and it's fingers crossed they perform a lot better this season.

One freshman to keep an eye on will be WR Aaron Fuller. Had a awesome camp and really impressed the coaches as he looked a lot more ready for the college game right out of the gate.

WR John Ross is ready to go. He stays healthy and he could be one of the best playmakers of the PAC this year.

Jake Browning showed a lot of improvement with the medium and long range passing this spring and fall, and that could be attributed to the new WR coach making sure less drops were happening. We'll see about that once the season starts.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that and there are still questions about the Oline which may not have looked that solid this fall, but going against that defense might not be a fair representation of where they are at. Many lines are going to look stupid against that front 7 this year.

Jake can't be worried about his backside if he's going to take that next step.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it that our offense had to spend the fall going up against the best D in the PAC. Will make them all the more battle tested and sharp for games this season. The O will be more ready for whatever the rest of the PAC hits them with. Good.

Oline depth looks really good right now.

My only real concerns right now are.

Ross's knee doesn't act up again.
WR corps performance as a whole.
Whose gonna backup Gaskin.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC announces that junior QB Max Browne will be the starter for the season opener vs Bama. He had playing time in three games last year.

Not surprised. Apparently there will be a package of situational plays that will get Darnold some action in most games. The coaches were pretty impressed with how quickly he was able to take command of the offense at such a young age.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Darnold doesn't take the starting job away at some point this season, especially if Browne struggles.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. Apparently there will be a package of situational plays that will get Darnold some action in most games. The coaches were pretty impressed with how quickly he was able to take command of the offense at such a young age.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Darnold doesn't take the starting job away at some point this season, especially if Browne struggles.

man I hope not. not because I dont want to see Darnold but because it means Browne didn't cut it. USCs been pretty good at picking a guy and just going with him. Lienart , Booty, Sanchez, Barkley were all picked over players in a competition and USC never looked back.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oregon DB Chris Seisay is leaving the program. He had fallen behind younger players with inconsistent play and injury. Was not expected to start this season but was top guy off bench.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oregon DB Chris Seisay is leaving the program. He had fallen behind younger players with inconsistent play and injury. Was not expected to start this season but was top guy off bench.
Given the injury rate on DB's, depth is always huge there. Supposedly UW's depth in the back end is at a really high level and is part of what makes people so up on that unit this coming season.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better pack an entire suitcase of them. As usual, the rest of Bamas OOC games are against high school teams so Saban is going to turn this into a statement game. He's gonna not take the foot off the pedal no matter what the score.

We'll see. USC is a lot better team than we've seen recently and have the talent to bang heads with the best. Hopefully, they've got a coach this time which has been their real problem. If they have, Bama will have competition right down to the wire. Its the time and place to step up for the PAC 12 and time someone else got burned. Go USC, you can do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I hope not. not because I dont want to see Darnold but because it means Browne didn't cut it. USCs been pretty good at picking a guy and just going with him. Lienart , Booty, Sanchez, Barkley were all picked over players in a competition and USC never looked back.

Yeah, I think this is the closest competition since Leinart/Cassell. I also hope there is no need to go to Darnold. But it's encouraging to know that if that were the case, we have a guy that the coaches believe can take over and have no drop off in performance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. USC is a lot better team than we've seen recently and have the talent to bang heads with the best. Hopefully, they've got a coach this time which has been their real problem. If they have, Bama will have competition right down to the wire. Its the time and place to step up for the PAC 12 and time someone else got burned. Go USC, you can do it.

I appreciate the positive outlook, but, as I've said, I'd feel a lot better if this game were being played next year. The talent is there, but the experience isn't. Just don't see where going against 'Bama with an all new defensive front 7 and a qb making his first start is a recipe for success.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Pac12 homer BS. I hope USC gets skull dragged around that field and left for dead. Seriously, they are a South rival of yours. Why on earth would you want them to win?

USC might be a team on the rise. Maybe. But Bama is a team that has been at the top for years and years with a proven coach and proven systems. It's a tall order for any team to go beat them, more or less one that is still rebuilding and putting up a very young and inexperienced QB.

Sure, he has 3 games under his belt: Idaho, Ark St, and 1 attempt vs ASU. He hasn't seen anything remotely this big. No one knows how he will respond, but this is the biggest test a young QB could face to being as a starter.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, seriously, someone join... it's not like a typical fantasy league, it's less involved, kind of like a pickem, except you draft your picks and keep them for the year (or trade/add drop).

Pigskin Fantasy U (fantasy league)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP officially releases its preseason top 25 with the season less than two weeks away. For tPAC

2016 Associated Press Preseason Top 25

8. Stanford
14. Washington
16. UCLA
20. USC
24. Oregon

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the positive outlook, but, as I've said, I'd feel a lot better if this game were being played next year. The talent is there, but the experience isn't. Just don't see where going against 'Bama with an all new defensive front 7 and a qb making his first start is a recipe for success.
The time is now, T12. I feel that USC and the PAC is up to it. Stanford, OU, UCLA, UW, maybe AZ. It seems all have the talent and team. Enough marking time. Enough excuses.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, seriously, someone join... it's not like a typical fantasy league, it's less involved, kind of like a pickem, except you draft your picks and keep them for the year (or trade/add drop).

pimp...I already have a "HoopPick-em PAC12 Champ belt" on my mantel. I retired a winnah two years back.

cheers.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Pac12 homer BS. I hope USC gets skull dragged around that field and left for dead. Seriously, they are a South rival of yours. Why on earth would you want them to win?

USC might be a team on the rise. Maybe. But Bama is a team that has been at the top for years and years with a proven coach and proven systems. It's a tall order for any team to go beat them, more or less one that is still rebuilding and putting up a very young and inexperienced QB.

Sure, he has 3 games under his belt: Idaho, Ark St, and 1 attempt vs ASU. He hasn't seen anything remotely this big. No one knows how he will respond, but this is the biggest test a young QB could face to being as a starter.
Why on earth would I want them to lose to an OOC team? I have my hates as well and a big one of the SEC. Big game for the conference, we will look as good (or as bad) as USC. USC deserves credit and support for opening against a team like Bama. Makes you look good too when you get beat by a team that was skull dragged and left for dead. Look at what PAC 12 did last year, hardly a premier conference performance.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the injury rate on DB's, depth is always huge there. Supposedly UW's depth in the back end is at a really high level and is part of what makes people so up on that unit this coming season.
he is from bay area so my bets are he ends up at Sac state, San jose state or Fresno state. red shirt in 13 played in 14 and 15 so if he sits he still has 1 year. Right? did i do the math right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth would I want them to lose to an OOC team? I have my hates as well and a big one of the SEC. Big game for the conference, we will look as good (or as bad) as USC. USC deserves credit and support for opening against a team like Bama. Makes you look good too when you get beat by a team that was skull dragged and left for dead. Look at what PAC 12 did last year, hardly a premier conference performance.
Conference record ties are decided by those OOC records. That's why. Rooting for a rival for some sense of conference unity just doesn't make sense to me. I just want UW to go out and win by any means necessary and play as hard as they can. I really don't care how USC looks as an opponent based on their play against Bama months earlier when we face them.

In this day and age, just go win. You will make a playoff spot without having to worry about the SoS of your opponents. Lose a game and none of the rest of that matters much.

There are a few teams in the Pac I like such as Oregon State and I do like WSU outside of facing us, but pulling for other Pac teams just to make the conference look better? Hell no.

Status
Not open for further replies.