• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don't care who it is, shouldn't matter if it's a key star or a scrub there is no place on a college campus where a dude breaks another dudes jaw, regardless of the stories being stolen. I just feel bad for Leach cause he has to do something but since of right now the only true credible witness is the victims and their stories don't make sense.

The videos are damning but in no way do they show what led up to the fight, not saying that's an excuse, but it to me is a huge factor in determining if the others who joined in can even be allowed to try to get back on the team.
First, you speak of what is on both videos. Have you actually seen the second one? I've only seen one shared so far so I question your assertion of what that other video does, or does not show.

Second, of course no matter who it is they should be kicked from the school. Never questioned that. :L Just hope it's not one of your big keys because a strong WSU making a run is good for the conference and good for our rivalry.

You seem to feel you have all of the facts in this case and have repeatedly been coming across like you believe all of the victims and the other observers are all lying. How about we wait for the process to determine that? We do know that at least one player entirely bashed in the face of someone. There is no possible excuse for that. Doesn't matter what was said or done before that. A line was crossed that can NEVER be crossed and all involved should pay heavily for it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you speak of what is on both videos. Have you actually seen the second one? I've only seen one shared so far so I question your assertion of what that other video does, or does not show.

Second, of course no matter who it is they should be kicked from the school. Never questioned that. :L Just hope it's not one of your big keys because a strong WSU making a run is good for the conference and good for our rivalry.

You seem to feel you have all of the facts in this case and have repeatedly been coming across like you believe all of the victims and the other observers are all lying. How about we wait for the process to determine that? We do know that at least one player entirely bashed in the face of someone. There is no possible excuse for that. Doesn't matter what was said or done before that. A line was crossed that can NEVER be crossed and all involved should pay heavily for it.

Yes, the two videos are all over the Coug websites.

The guy that broke the guys jaw without question should be gone, and most likely at least one more should be gone. But the other 4-10 guys who were involved with the brawl after have a case to be disciplined and not necessarily booted from school.

I don't seem to be implying, they are flat out lies that the guys all had 200 lbs on the two guys, there was noone drinking at the party and the guy that had his jaw broken was curb stomped over and over.

The problem is that most the witnesses were drunk and underage, hence the police not showing up until the guy was in the hospital so it is a cluster fuck of trying to get the right people punished.

It's just a fucked up situation because their has only been one side told but Leach should suspend all football activities until all the players are identified and disciplined. I don't want this becoming a Duke LaCrosse situation where it's the football team vs the school.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I said from the start that the people involved directly in messing that poor kids face up should be gone, but I wouldn't suggest or expect others that may have just thrown a punch to face the same fate. Maybe they miss a game or two or just run stairs for a month. Getting in fights is no big deal. It's the ones that took it way too far that deserve jail and expulsion. Let the others suffer whatever extra workload Leach wants to punish them with. More than enough.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I said from the start that the people involved directly in messing that poor kids face up should be gone, but I wouldn't suggest or expect others that may have just thrown a punch to face the same fate. Maybe they miss a game or two or just run stairs for a month. Getting in fights is no big deal. It's the ones that took it way too far that deserve jail and expulsion. Let the others suffer whatever extra workload Leach wants to punish them with. More than enough.

I completely agree with that, and why I have said I don't care if it was some super star or a scrub. But I've just said it's a cluster fuck with the whole thing trying to get the truth of it as of right now everything is so negatively being portrayed in the media as though the football team is full of Baylor type kids when as of right now being made available to the public, witnesses and this kids mom's stories are either embellished or flat out lies and has put Leach in a spot because if I were Leach I wouldn't want a single player involved on the team to be on the team. Even if what I suspect happen there is zero reason football players should ever use I'm a player so you have to deal with me being a douchebag. That is what is wrong with society, and unfortunately if it turns out bad that kid and his frat with be massively ostracized by alumni and other grata.

Just an all around shitty episode and damn I hope people realize everyone needs responsible people when alcohol is involved. Which alcohol was and the claim it wasn't has been recanted.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get that the media was portraying it as a whole mob thing. They reported what the police said with the whole "5-6 plus" involved and they did point out at least one player was trying to pull other players back. I didn't see any that suggested anything more than that, but then I only read a couple of stories on it with the main one being that Seattle Times article I shared.

It's bad on so many levels, but the timing was particularly bad. Don't need this going into a season. Don't need the bad rep and the stain on the program either. But at the end of the day this was a frat fight where a couple of people took things way too far.

As for drinking involved, well no shit. This is WSU we are talking about. When isn't alcohol involved in anything on that campus? :noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media has done a shit job with it, somehow getting quotes and anonymous quotes from witnesses, stories supposedly from the victim and his mother. I feel bad because he is the victim but to me, he has made himself a very unsympathetic character. Especially with his douchebag Facebook antics. Once I saw his picture I knew he was full of shit about the guys out weighing him by 200 lbs. We don't have 400 plus lbs guys.

The problem is, that it really wasn't a real frat party, a bunch of underage kids with basically a pre rush party and some players being idiots showed up, first reported as uninvited but now some say invited. I don't know, it's so hard filtering threw the few things the police have said, the videos, the 9 million witnesses who have come out.

The drinking part was the biggest red flag because all of the first reports were that there was no alcohol and witnesses attested to it, but once pictures were released with alcohol all over and a keg in the yard it changed. Seriously when has anything in Pullman ever not had alcohol in it.

Either way, I want football to start but I can't see this shit going away anytime soon because of the severity of the incident, the accusations of which players were involved and all the lawyers who will get involved. I'd rather have surgery with no anesthesia than be a PPD officer right now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything else going on around the conference? no new recruits? no new deals for series?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything else going on around the conference? no new recruits? no new deals for series?
You'd rather more duck QB talk would you? :noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is today another daily reveal of a new Ducks uniform?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is today another daily reveal of a new Ducks uniform?
They did post an info graphic saying what the main color they'll be wearing for each game this season yesterday. :duck:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I was told im not supposed to respond to those anymore
Wait, telling a duck fan not to post actually works? :doh:

Why didn't I get this memo a long time ago? :tsk:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't allowed to respond to any post by a fan of UW anymore.

Let's see how well that works....

:dhd:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was joking about the uniform thing too but nevermind guess that's a real thing in Eugene.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't allowed to respond to any post by a fan of UW anymore.

Let's see how well that works....

:dhd:
Na see the reason i was told not to respond about the Oregon QB thing is because I say it keeps coming up without Oregon people talking about it and IM just responding but I was told that if I didnt then it woulndt come up anymore. basically its a feeding the trolls/taking the bait type of a thing
As long as the topic isnt about the Oregon QBs then all other bets are off and open to response

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just picking on ya oly. You take things way too literally man.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This generally is a quiet period for recruiting. Most coaches are getting prepped for fall camps. Some visits happen during the camps, but generally their concentrating on practices. Don't expect much recruiting announcements till the season starts in sept as official visits during game weekends becomes regular. And then a lot of the big serious names will be making announcements during the army all American game on Jan 7th.

The Huskies got half the class already filled, but plenty more top targets to persue and land.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rivals the teams are at
10. UCLA 30 with commits
12. USC 20
19. Stanford 26
22. Cal 27