• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Stanford's QB?

Acording to Shaw yesterday they still haven't decided between RS JR Ryan Burns and RS Soph Keller Chryst and might go into the first game with both. I'm not a big fan of that. Because the first game is against a lesser opponent some coaches feel like they can use that game to decide on a starter. You take the chance of both playing bad or being nervous in that first game then what do you do? you still have to pick one because the next game is against a conference foe and now you have a kid with no confidence. You're better off making your pick before the season starts.

Last edited:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the whole "artificial" PAC conference champ only means that the Pac champ didnt win it on the field because they didn't play everyone but the other conferences who also crown a champ who didn't play everyone are legit champs. And the National champion who didnt even play every playoff team let alone everyone else is the right f champ. Only in the PAC does this notion of yours apply.
Ok . Sure. Very logical
Don't what you said but I'm sure you're full of it. I'll say it again for you in deference to your slow learning curve. Last year USC goes to the CCG against Stanford by virtue of "winning" the South on tie breakers, even though Oregon had a better conference record and had beaten both teams playing in the CCG. In this instance USC had already played OU and lost, at home. Had USC won that CCG game (of course they got trashed) we would have made them, the third or fourth place team in the conference, the conference champion. Oregon, who had already beaten USC, at home, gets to stay at home. So we crown the third or fourth place team as Champ. If that's not artificial as hell its surely a joke.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retaining

So just add that to the list. You did have some stay and didn't work out. None that left had national exposure type of sucess so if they stayed they still wouldnt have fixed the problems and it really doesn't matter. If a coaching staff recruits a kid who later decides to leave that is still a recruiting failure because they picked him , he tool time away from their recruting schedule and he took up a spot not to mention the training. The coaching staff is not absolved when a player decides to leave.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't what you said but I'm sure you're full of it. I'll say it again for you in deference to your slow learning curve. Last year USC goes to the CCG against Stanford by virtue of "winning" the South on tie breakers, even though Oregon had a better conference record and had beaten both teams playing in the CCG. In this instance USC had already played OU and lost, at home. Had USC won that CCG game (of course they got trashed) we would have made them, the third or fourth place team in the conference, the conference champion. Oregon, who had already beaten USC, at home, gets to stay at home. So we crown the third or fourth place team as Champ. If that's not artificial as hell its surely a joke.

Is this new to you? Didn't Alabama lose to LSU one year and then played them again to win the National Championship? Didn't they not win the SEC one year and still were champs? It';s cool that you're new to football but try and read up on how things work or something.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So just add that to the list. You did have some stay and didn't work out. None that left had national exposure type of sucess so if they stayed they still wouldnt have fixed the problems and it really doesn't matter. If a coaching staff recruits a kid who later decides to leave that is still a recruiting failure because they picked him , he tool time away from their recruting schedule and he took up a spot not to mention the training. The coaching staff is not absolved when a player decides to leave."

@ Not Neutral- instead of lurking and posting the bullshit thing why don;t you be a man and tell me what's wrong with what I wrote above .
So players leaving as freshmen and sohpmores in bunches isn't something you can say is a fail in recruiting by the coaching staff?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So just add that to the list. You did have some stay and didn't work out. None that left had national exposure type of sucess so if they stayed they still wouldnt have fixed the problems and it really doesn't matter. If a coaching staff recruits a kid who later decides to leave that is still a recruiting failure because they picked him , he tool time away from their recruting schedule and he took up a spot not to mention the training. The coaching staff is not absolved when a player decides to leave."

@ Not Neutral- instead of lurking and posting the bullshit thing why don;t you be a man and tell me what's wrong with what I wrote above .
So players leaving as freshmen and sohpmores in bunches isn't something you can say is a fail in recruiting by the coaching staff?
Why do you, a USC fan (?) care if their entire team walks off? Its simply "BS" and you know it.

I did. Its "BS". Your jealousy of Oregon stifles your thinking. A "fail" by the coaching staff? Wow!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you, a USC fan (?) care if their entire team walks off? Its simply "BS" and you know it.

I did. Its "BS". Your jealousy of Oregon stifles your thinking. A "fail" by the coaching staff? Wow!

So you have no real answer other than questioning why are we talking about Oregons lack of home grown QBs.
I'm pretty sure the subject came up when Oregon picked up a Renta QB for the second straight year and some Duck fans assertion that there's nothing wrong with Oregons ability to produce anyone who can handle the QB spot other than MM since 2011. Oh, and the previous three years of Duck fans proclaiming the newest QB recruit to be another in the line of Oregon QBs. So there you go. The genesis of the argument and the two opposing points. Since games havent started we talked about it. why has it gone this long? Oly keeps saying he's done then comes back. lol

OLy keeps writing that the major reason Oregon is in this spot is because a chunk of QBs left because of Marcus being there (which is odd since he was there when they committed and he left a year early) and that shouldnt be put on the coaching staff. It's a point but I dont think it's valid one since they recruited them and they took up time on the recruiting trail and a scholarship. So them leaving is a big reason they had to go the rental route if they didn't want to do what everyone else does is find your best younger QB and take your lumps because uncle Phil needs them to be in the spotlight.

You writing that I'm somehow jealous of Oregon is laughable. I could list the reasons but they should be obvious as the O on their helmets.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this new to you? Didn't Alabama lose to LSU one year and then played them again to win the National Championship? Didn't they not win the SEC one year and still were champs? It';s cool that you're new to football but try and read up on how things work or something.
I hated that, so glad we have the playoffs now.

I doubt we see another P5 non champ win it again in this 4 team playoff format, but if it does happen, at least it's because of their body of work AND a 2 game playoff run was intact.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that, so glad we have the playoffs now.

I doubt we see another P5 non champ win it again in this 4 team playoff format, but if it does, at least it's because of their body of work and a 2 game playoff run was intact.

It's never going to be perfect. Remember SEC teams play one less game against conference teams which bumps up their win total and makes sure more SEC teams have winning records and use that one extra game to play whip cream topped cupcake trucking school at home in late November when PAC and other conferences are playing rivals. I think i found out that in ten years Alabama has traveled four times for an out of conference game (not neutral site). That's horrendous, but it is what it is.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!!

4-star S Brandon McKinney (Orange, CA) has committed to Washington. His offers included ASU, Cal, Colorado, UCLA, USC, Utah, and Boston College.

Washington is holding a camp this weekend and lots of commits and recruits are in attendance. McKinney was reported to have made USC and Washington his two final choices so :suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!!

4-star S Brandon McKinney (Orange, CA) has committed to Washington. His offers included ASU, Cal, Colorado, UCLA, USC, Utah, and Boston College.

Washington is holding a camp this weekend and lots of commits and recruits are in attendance. McKinney was reported to have made USC and Washington his two final choices so :suds:

Wow good pick up.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no real answer other than questioning why are we talking about Oregons lack of home grown QBs.
I'm pretty sure the subject came up when Oregon picked up a Renta QB for the second straight year and some Duck fans assertion that there's nothing wrong with Oregons ability to produce anyone who can handle the QB spot other than MM since 2011. Oh, and the previous three years of Duck fans proclaiming the newest QB recruit to be another in the line of Oregon QBs. So there you go. The genesis of the argument and the two opposing points. Since games havent started we talked about it. why has it gone this long? Oly keeps saying he's done then comes back. lol

OLy keeps writing that the major reason Oregon is in this spot is because a chunk of QBs left because of Marcus being there (which is odd since he was there when they committed and he left a year early) and that shouldnt be put on the coaching staff. It's a point but I dont think it's valid one since they recruited them and they took up time on the recruiting trail and a scholarship. So them leaving is a big reason they had to go the rental route if they didn't want to do what everyone else does is find your best younger QB and take your lumps because uncle Phil needs them to be in the spotlight.

You writing that I'm somehow jealous of Oregon is laughable. I could list the reasons but they should be obvious as the O on their helmets.
Have it your way. I doubt if anyone cares what you think anyway.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies coach Chris Petersen said on Friday at Pac-12 media days that new consultant Jeff Tedford, the former California head coach, is “truly in it for being around us and helping us” and not angling for an assistant coaching position in the future.

ok....that's impressive.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have it your way. I doubt if anyone cares what you think anyway.

You yourself just argued with me for how many posts and how many days? But you doubt anyone cares what I think. Ummm ok. lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Helton said he plans to name a starting QB two weeks before the season opener against Alabama.

Expect the same from most of the other PAC teams who will have new starting QBs this season and weren't willing to name a starter during spring. That 1-2 week before the opener is usually the time they make an official decision.

Huskies didn't announce Browning would start till close to the opener and it shocked many as we hadn't had a true freshman starter in a long time. He ended up being the real deal and developed well as the season went on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ Oly getting sucked back in to the rent-a-qb argument...again.

and

:lol: @ NN white knighting him...again.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies didn't announce Browning would start till close to the opener and it shocked many as we hadn't had a true freshman starter in a long time.
Actually he was the first true freshman starter in team history.

Status
Not open for further replies.