• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suffice to say that this year there's a ton of question marks. Can Oregon keep the same offense going while getting better on defense? Is Washingtons defense really the best in the conference and do they have an offense people have to worry about? Can Stanford start a new QB and keep the offense rolling, is the defense still going to be nasty and can they establish themselves as the PACs top team again? Can USC survive the first four games with something left to play for? UCLA, does Rosen improve on this rookie year and make them his team and put them in the PAC title game or do the Bruins remain in neutral again?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prukop may not be Adams but Alie/Lockie aren't Prukop/Jonsen

I don't know Jensen, but I hope you're not relying on Prukop to be a savior. Which is regardless, Oregon should be fine just as Stanford but UW gets both of you guys at a better time than if it were at the end of the year..which is my main point that UW has a favorable schedule this season and why I think they should be the favorites in the north.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Jensen, but I hope you're not relying on Prukop to be a savior. Which is regardless, Oregon should be fine just as Stanford but UW gets both of you guys at a better time than if it were at the end of the year..which is my main point that UW has a favorable schedule this season and why I think they should be the favorites in the north.
nobody said savior. All I said was in response to you saying Oregon was bad when Adams was out. that left walk on Allie and Lockie. and Prukop is better than both. Jonsen was hurt last season but is in the running for QB this year while both Allie and Lockie have changed positions. even with Allie and Lockie playing Oregon still beat Colorado and it took WSU 2 OT to beat them. If Prukop and Jonsen are even half way between Allie/Lockie and Adams, Oregon will be just fine.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love for UW by the national media is not just because of their D. They are assuming that the defense will still be solid AND the offense makes leaps forward. Not just because of the increases over the last few games of the season, but the return of John Ross III. He will be not only adding speed to the offense, but also doing kick off and punt return duties and should help improve all 3 areas tremendously.
I think Oregon might be expecting a lot from Prukop who was offered by Alabama as well, and why wouldn't they?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon might be expecting a lot from Prukop who was offered by Alabama as well, and why wouldn't they?

No idea, since he was probably the third best QB in the state of Montana last year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody said savior. All I said was in response to you saying Oregon was bad when Adams was out. that left walk on Allie and Lockie. and Prukop is better than both. Jonsen was hurt last season but is in the running for QB this year while both Allie and Lockie have changed positions. even with Allie and Lockie playing Oregon still beat Colorado and it took WSU 2 OT to beat them. If Prukop and Jonsen are even half way between Allie/Lockie and Adams, Oregon will be just fine.

True, no idea why you guys didn't just put Addison back there, he was the best passer out of anybody who threw against us. And to be fair, Oregon was only in the game because Falk didn't have the confidence yet to change the play call which he ended up doing on that 4th and 1

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, no idea why you guys didn't just put Addison back there, he was the best passer out of anybody who threw against us. And to be fair, Oregon was only in the game because Falk didn't have the confidence yet to change the play call which he ended up doing on that 4th and 1
Uh no Addison only attempted 2 passes all year and completed 1.
Oregon was in it because Freeman had 246 yards at 9.1 yards per carry. and Griffin added another 96.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon gets a 3* (Scout) (2*Rivals) kicker from Hawaii. offers from Miami, Oregon State and Wisconsin. Not sure the number of kickers that get 3 or more stars.
Scout has 5 K with 3*
Rivlas only lists 1 ranked kicker as a 3*

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks have had some shitty kickers over the years at times. At least they are spending energy going after the ones they want. Can't take that too lightly for sure.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks have had some shitty kickers over the years at times. At least they are spending energy going after the ones they want. Can't take that too lightly for sure.
Schneider is really good. could have won the Groza last year if you look at his numbers. on the watch list for this season already.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider is really good. could have won the Groza last year if you look at his numbers. on the watch list for this season already.
Didn't mean your current one, but I do recall a few seasons where it was a 50/50 at best your kicker could get a FG from inside the 20 in a clutch situation.

Hard to spend a scholarship for a kicker, but you are fucked if you don't. Can't have a season end because of a botched FG.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love for UW by the national media is not just because of their D. They are assuming that the defense will still be solid AND the offense makes leaps forward. Not just because of the increases over the last few games of the season, but the return of John Ross III. He will be not only adding speed to the offense, but also doing kick off and punt return duties and should help improve all 3 areas tremendously.

It's not a stretch to expect gains, but as I said, it also assumes all of the pieces are able to play at least most of the season and we all know injuries are the rule not the exception. They need Ross to stay healthy, Gaskin to stay upright, Browner to keep improving and stay injury free, the line to stay relatively healthy, etc.

Depth is so key and there just aren't answers if any core player goes down for UW this year.

I think a lot of people are buying into the offense too because of how well it performed at the end of last season. Was it just a fluke or will that be how they are most of the time going forward? We'll see, but prognosticators think it's the latter.

I can't name most of Oregon's kickers over the last decade, but I do know the name Maldonado and it's not because of late game FG heroics.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people are buying into the offense too because of how well it performed at the end of last season. Was it just a fluke or will that be how they are most of the time going forward? We'll see, but prognosticators think it's the latter.

I can't name most of Oregon's kickers over the last decade, but I do know the name Maldonado and it's not because of late game FG heroics.

Their offense is still a mystery. They looked better at the end but then again they faced teams with #50-#84 #115 in total defense. Gonna be interesting to see.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you around vita. Hope your summer is going well so far. Can't wait for football season to roll around, but then again these are the only few months a year that it isn't raining up here so there's that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you around vita. Hope your summer is going well so far. Can't wait for football season to roll around, but then again these are the only few months a year that it isn't raining up here so there's that.
Great summer here so far, a bit on the hot side of things. I hope your rain free period is all it can be.

Hate this time of year, just counting down the days until football season starts to kick in.

I've seem a lot of good discussions here of late.

Or at least a few good....... 'I told ya so's :lol:

I've got my Rams season tickets so I might be distracted a bit this year from PAC football, however I doubt it.

I see a lot of the so-called experts have either your boyz or mine winning it all this year, but you never know. We, as your dawgs, YES DAWGS, have our own set of challenges, and if we can overcome them, who knows, we could meet late in the seasons for all the marbles.

The Huskies posters here are a good group, and I like the lot of ya for the most part.

Good luck this year in the Norte, I've always liked CCP!

Time for him to get his in a P5 kind of way!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here here, buutttt...Wouldn't it be nice IF a Wazzou OR an OSU kicked ass and won the PAC Norte/PAC12 for these next few years? That would be fun huh?

jus sayin...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hola fellow Rams fan. Welcome back.
Thanks SCjim!

Was at the last SC/UCLA game. I gotta say the folks there, whether in red or blue, with all the tailgating was top notch! Fine cigars, spirits and sech! Had a great time! Well, except for the outcome! :lol:

Ah, I knew the true Freshman would show a kink in the armor sooner or later. At least in that season, it was later vs 'the rivals'. Saved it all up fer yer boyz!

Another year older, hopefully, another year wiser. We will see with his security blanket jettisoned off to the NFL (Of course if you don't know, I'm referring to Duarte!)

Oh well a top notch TE is not near as hard to replace as a QB starter (Just ask them Ducks) so we shall see how yer boyz do.

Look forward to the season and some good exchanges!

Semper Fi & Oorah!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here here, buutttt...Wouldn't it be nice IF a Wazzou OR an OSU kicked ass and won the PAC Norte/PAC12 for these next few years? That would be fun huh?

jus sayin...
No one wants that but you.

Status
Not open for further replies.