• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU secured Ryan Kelley as QB! I am pretty stoked about that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear the alarm sirens firing off all over the state of Oregon and at Nike HQ tonight.

Even Oregon news sites are commenting on the Huskies and bunch of other PAC schools being ranked higher than the Ducks. LOL at the comments section.

Hey you can even vote on win totals for Ducks and Huskies on there. I'm sure blind homerism won't taint the results..........

Is Washington a Pac-12 title favorite? Preseason poll puts Huskies (and 3 others) ahead of Oregon Ducks

How much is other teams getting better and how much is the Ducks losing a step?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you did was confirm what everyone thinks. That to Oregon fans college football began in 2003 and past is anything before that . Anything accomplished before that is just ancient history. I just pointed out the fact that USC has never lost to Colorado and Oregon is 12-8 against them. Colorado won a national championship something Oregon hasn't done in it's best decade and it wasn't in the leather helmet days like you try to portray it. It's just pre Nike taking hold of Oregon football.
False most younger Oregon fans think it started at various times the most common of which is 1994. I know it started in 1894. the younger fans know Mariota and DeAnthony. while the rest of know Van Brocklin, Renfro, Fouts and Moore.
Statement made that Colorado was no threat to USC or UW. My logic: Colorado barely lost to USC 27-24 last season so yeah you should consider them something of a threat. your logic: bring up results from 3 Oregon Coaches and 5 Colorado Coaches later. Mine: 1 season ago where there are some changes. yours: 18 years where everything is different. mine: talk about a team that was actually in the conversation. yours: bring in Oregon for no apparent reason other than because I am an Oregon fan. and I know UW was also mentioned but they have won 4 in row in the last 4 years with their closest margin being 15 points last year. there is a big difference in 15 and 3.
when did i ever suggest Colorado's NC was ancient? just over 25 years ago but also 6 coaches ago. there might be what a couple players in all of college football right now that were even alive then? do you think the recruits know about it? do you think Macintyre is pitching it?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear the alarm sirens firing off all over the state of Oregon and at Nike HQ tonight.

Even Oregon news sites are commenting on the Huskies and bunch of other PAC schools being ranked higher than the Ducks. LOL at the comments section.

Hey you can even vote on win totals for Ducks and Huskies on there. I'm sure blind homerism won't taint the results..........

Is Washington a Pac-12 title favorite? Preseason poll puts Huskies (and 3 others) ahead of Oregon Ducks

I think both are gonna be right about 10 wins

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon still hasn't really lost much of a step. still one of the top offenses. defense was getting worse but cant exactly get any worse and oregon was never predicated on defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado won a national championship something Oregon hasn't done in it's best decade and it wasn't in the leather helmet days like you try to portray it. It's just pre Nike taking hold of Oregon football.

For Oregon fans, anything before 2003 is leather helmet days. It's why I'm pretty sure all Oregon fans are 15 or younger. :dhd:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon still hasn't really lost much of a step. still one of the top offenses. defense was getting worse but cant exactly get any worse and oregon was never predicated on defense.
Really? Oregon couldnt win it all with Mariota and you dont think there's a step down from his last two seasons teams?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False most younger Oregon fans think it started at various times the most common of which is 1994. I know it started in 1894. the younger fans know Mariota and DeAnthony. while the rest of know Van Brocklin, Renfro, Fouts and Moore.
Statement made that Colorado was no threat to USC or UW. My logic: Colorado barely lost to USC 27-24 last season so yeah you should consider them something of a threat. your logic: bring up results from 3 Oregon Coaches and 5 Colorado Coaches later. Mine: 1 season ago where there are some changes. yours: 18 years where everything is different. mine: talk about a team that was actually in the conversation. yours: bring in Oregon for no apparent reason other than because I am an Oregon fan. and I know UW was also mentioned but they have won 4 in row in the last 4 years with their closest margin being 15 points last year. there is a big difference in 15 and 3.
when did i ever suggest Colorado's NC was ancient? just over 25 years ago but also 6 coaches ago. there might be what a couple players in all of college football right now that were even alive then? do you think the recruits know about it? do you think Macintyre is pitching it?

You're funny. You tell me I shouldnt bring up games that Colorado won against Oregon because games before your 60 year old dad was born are irrelevant and sooo long ago . I pointed out that some of those wins were where in 85-96-98 and now you say even younger fans think it started in 1994 and the rest know Van Broklin, Renfro, Fouts and Moore. You're all over the place.
You placing importance of a win or an accomplishment on the age of current players is ridiculous. USC players were in 1st or 2nd grade when Reggie Bush was at USC does that stop anyone from talking about the sanctions that just ended? Are the Pete years so long ago that they are the same as talking about Marcus Allen, Munoz ,Lott or Robinson?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Colorado who lost to USC 27-24?[/QUO

Maybe that's because after losing 12-13 (?) in a row, the odds are they can't do it again? Or maybe there are those who think the coach can pull off a Boise State in the PAC? Or are they of the position that money no longer talks? I can still hear it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny. You tell me I shouldnt bring up games that Colorado won against Oregon because games before your 60 year old dad was born are irrelevant and sooo long ago . I pointed out that some of those wins were where in 85-96-98 and now you say even younger fans think it started in 1994 and the rest know Van Broklin, Renfro, Fouts and Moore. You're all over the place.
You placing importance of a win or an accomplishment on the age of current players is ridiculous. USC players were in 1st or 2nd grade when Reggie Bush was at USC does that stop anyone from talking about the sanctions that just ended? Are the Pete years so long ago that they are the same as talking about Marcus Allen, Munoz ,Lott or Robinson?
I didnt say you shouldnt bring them up i said that bringing them up is pointless. what weighs more on a coach getting ready for the 2016 season, the results from the game played in 1934? 1957? 1998? 2015?
you keep saying Oregon fans think oregon football started in 2003 I was saying yes some dont know the history but no not everyone thinks that. some of us know history the few good ponts along with the bad. Nobody really thinks it started in 1994 or 2001 or 2008 but those are key turning points in Oregon football.
the age of the recruits is important because recruits now are still going to know the history of USC, Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame. Todays recruits are going to know about the here and now success of Clemson, Oregon, Michigan State. Todays recruits arent going to care as much about Colorado winning in 1990, or that Cal was a power in the 1920s. Or Maryland has 1 in the 50s. because those teams have been less relevant on the national stage recently. Kids today want the here and now.
and USC fans bring up the sanctions more than anyone else. yes pete is gone just like Kelly. talking about Oregon having never won a championship wont change it. why dwell on it. you bring it up, or that other teams like Colorado has won one like its gonna bother me. maybe it does other Oregon fans but its the same old line to me. its like telling me over and over how I never slept with Jessica Alba. I know it everyone else knows it. the closest i got was being at the same place at the same time. only a few have done it. some more than others but telling me over and over isnt going to change it and it doesnt bother me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ps I got too much going on to go around in circles on this topic too so i may or may not respond any more for a few days.

Off topic I hate doctors

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You lost Frost which I think was the key that kept things together with the O performance after Kelly was show caused. Mariota and Frost kept the train rolling, but both are now gone. Maybe they'll not skip a beat through this transition with all the assists from these 5th year transfers and running Freeman to death again this year, but double digit Ws for the Ducks this year?
We'll see.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say you shouldnt bring them up i said that bringing them up is pointless. what weighs more on a coach getting ready for the 2016 season, the results from the game played in 1934? 1957? 1998? 2015?
you keep saying Oregon fans think oregon football started in 2003 I was saying yes some dont know the history but no not everyone thinks that. some of us know history the few good ponts along with the bad. Nobody really thinks it started in 1994 or 2001 or 2008 but those are key turning points in Oregon football.
the age of the recruits is important because recruits now are still going to know the history of USC, Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame. Todays recruits are going to know about the here and now success of Clemson, Oregon, Michigan State. Todays recruits arent going to care as much about Colorado winning in 1990, or that Cal was a power in the 1920s. Or Maryland has 1 in the 50s. because those teams have been less relevant on the national stage recently. Kids today want the here and now.
and USC fans bring up the sanctions more than anyone else. yes pete is gone just like Kelly. talking about Oregon having never won a championship wont change it. why dwell on it. you bring it up, or that other teams like Colorado has won one like its gonna bother me. maybe it does other Oregon fans but its the same old line to me. its like telling me over and over how I never slept with Jessica Alba. I know it everyone else knows it. the closest i got was being at the same place at the same time. only a few have done it. some more than others but telling me over and over isnt going to change it and it doesnt bother me.

Umm we're all football fans here not recruits. If the only topic here was what recruits like or want or know it would really suck here cuz they are 18-19 year olds. I know Oregon/T A&M/ Baylor fan ( or Bama fan but for good reason) wants to only talk about the past 5-8 years and different uniform combos but other than probably the three fan bases I just mentioned ,most college football fans still talk about the past as some form of measure of a program. You mentioned Colorado and I like any fan would ,brought up that USC has never lost to them while Oregon is 12-8 against them (nothing to really brag about) and that Colorado has a NC which to most fans gives them a leg up on Oregon despite losing the last six head to heads and dispite Oregons recent success. This is what college football fans do. You bring up shit to prove your point or argue your point. It could be wrong or misguided but it's about the back and forth that makes it entertaining. Yes the present is what counts as far as what's going to happen this season but I'll guaranty you one day you'll be smack talking to some fan and you'll bring up Mariotas Heisman just like a Washington fan will bring up Don James and 1991 NC.
Good luck at the doctors. Hope all is well.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad I work in medical field and the stuff the doctors are sending me are keeping me busy but its all stoopid stuff that has very low probability for me to find anything wrong and if they would just take an extra minute to do some simple stuff they woulndt need me to do tests stat when they really arent. This leaves me short mintues between exams for drive by posts today

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Nugget says Stanford 8 wins, UCLA 9 wins, USC 7.5 wins, Oregon 8.5 wins. they only did those 4 Pac teams for now

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost Frost which I think was the key that kept things together with the O performance after Kelly was show caused. Mariota and Frost kept the train rolling, but both are now gone. Maybe they'll not skip a beat through this transition with all the assists from these 5th year transfers and running Freeman to death again this year, but double digit Ws for the Ducks this year?
We'll see.
Since football is such a new thing there they only know natty on a platter. There is no steps back, only up. Replace a heisman? No problem. Everyone else will step up to make up for his loss. No big deal.

As for Oly's argument for only living in the present, I sure hope that stays the same once the streak is in the rear view mirror. I mean we all know it won't. :whistle:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Ryan Kelley de-committed from Oregon :) Thanks for commenting on my post up above! ASU is not ranked now that is a good sign for Sparky. Every other year we are ranked we F&**( up!

Status
Not open for further replies.