• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also doctors call me in at 130 am to examine a patient with normal circulation and I lose 3 hours of sleep

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon state with a 3* WR out of florida Quantino Allen

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Armour and UCLA will announce a 15-year schoolwide shoe and apparel deal worth $280 million on Tuesday, sources told ESPN.com.

At those numbers, the deal would be the largest in college football history. In January, Ohio State said its 15-year deal with Nike was worth $252 million. Texas signed a 15-year deal with Nike worth $250 million in October, and Michigan signed an 11-year deal, with a four-year option, that could be worth up to $173.8 million.

Of all those schools, UCLA has gone the longest having not won a title in either college football or men's basketball, last winning the men's basketball tournament in 1995. UCLA has, however, won more championships than any other school, thanks in part to its excellence in softball, volleyball and water polo.

Officials for Under Armour declined to comment. A UCLA official could not immediately be reached.

Securing UCLA gives Under Armour an even stronger West Coast presence, as the company signed Cal just last month.

In the past few years, Under Armour has gotten more aggressive with college team deals, outbidding Adidas on both Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

UCLA had been with Adidas since 1999.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another trophy to the case for the conference of champions. Stanford just won them women's tennis title in a come from be hind 4-3 match over Okie light.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another trophy to the case for the conference of champions. Stanford just won them women's tennis title in a come from be hind 4-3 match over Okie light.
Congratulations! I checked out the article and ..... I'm posting the P6809915.jpe eperdine womens tennis team. They didn't win anything at all but I thought they need some recognition.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW President Ana Mari Cauce announced Tuesday that after a four-month national search, Jennifer Cohen, senior associate athletic director at the University of Washington, who has been serving as the interim athletic director since January, has been named the UW’s new athletic director, effective June 1.

Cohen has been with the UW for 18 years and for much of that time has overseen the athletic department’s fundraising efforts. In recent years, the football and baseball programs also reported directly to her. A native of Tacoma, she joined the athletic department staff in 1998 as an assistant director of development before moving to the university's central development office to focus on fundraising efforts on behalf of the office of undergraduate education. She also spent time with the UW's regional gifts program before returning to athletics to oversee the department's major gifts program.

Cohen has a goof rep in Husky circles so I hope she can manage the whole show and not end up a Barbara Hedges 2.0.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact, the 324 national championships held by UCLA, Stanford and U$C are more than any other entire conference. The next closest is the BIG.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact, the 324 national championships held by UCLA, Stanford and U$C are more than any other entire conference. The next closest is the BIG.
is that counting B1G teams titles before they joined? like Nebraska has 19 NCAA titles but only 2 since joining the B1G?
also is that counting titles from before they were NCAA sports? and football since its not actually an NCAA title.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly-

To my knowledge it counts their titles no matter where they were, and I simply used all titles per school, and sorted by current conference. If we were to exclude titles won prior to joining the Big, the SEC would be higher than the B1G by my math.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud Josh. Millions upon millions. School officials getting rich, coaches getting rich, NCAA employees getting rich, TV broadcasters getting rich. Players- same deal they had in 1910-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90

How much does 4 years of classes, room, meals, books, and free access to anything involving medical, training, and nutrition cost at UCLA. Then add all the costs of the maintaining facilities, travel expenses, and all the other travel costs for away games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does 4 years of classes, room, meals, books, and free access to anything involving medical, training, and nutrition cost at UCLA. Then add all the costs of the maintaining facilities, travel expenses, and all the other travel costs for away games.

It costs the University the same to have a science scholarship student a music scholarship student a baseball player a soccer player a tennis player in classes as it does a football player. Not what they charge . What it costs the school. Yet none of those teams bring in what football does. Somehow schools are willing to make no money off a baseball player a golf player but can't fathom giving football players any percentage of the multi millions football provides. The facilities are paid by boosters the fans that attend games the conference TV money the money they get from Addias or Nike. The conference splits up roughly $400 million just from PAC revenue.
The cost of travel for the team is pretty substantial I'm sure but when you realize the schools makes about 3-5 million every home game(depending on the school) on tickets ,parking and concessions alone you know a full season takes care of that and more. The football coaches and staff share millions (from 3-7) for salary , Larry Scott makes 3.5 million and the rest of the officials make a tremendous amount . The NCAA officials make bank. Emmeret makes almost 2 million , his executive director is close to a million. The ESPNs CBS Fox people involved with covering college football make millions. All this money flying around and the football players are told they are amateurs and they should be happy to get what the golf team gets .
I don't think they should get hundreds of thousands but I do think some percentage should be held for when they leave school and the very popular players should get a percentage of their jersey sales. It's hypocritical for schools to say the education is enough when a large majority were never student material and are only there because they can play football. It's like giving me guitar lessons after I worked for you and then telling me the lessons are worth a lot because I could play in a band when I don't have any musical skill have no interest in playing and you just passed me because the lessons were over.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uw ladies with that golf title tho

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and playing in Eugene. its just an all around Pac golf final. 2 Pac teams playing in a Pac city

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and playing in Eugene. its just an all around Pac golf final. 2 Pac teams playing in a Pac city
Streaming it at work. GO CARD!

Though Washington is tough this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uw ladies with that golf title tho

oh wait vs Stanford I read the thing wrong I thought they won. either way Pac gonna win it

Streaming it at work. GO CARD!

Though Washington is tough this year.

How the hell did I end up in the LPGA forum when I clicked on the PAC-12 thread in the CFB forum?:scratch:

@HammerDown, have you been messing with my account settings again?:noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud Josh. Millions upon millions. School officials getting rich, coaches getting rich, NCAA employees getting rich, TV broadcasters getting rich. Players- same deal they had in 1910-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90

Are athletes ever going to realize they are interns?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I listened to the new UW AD on the radio yesterday and she talked about the reasons UW doesn't have their new basketball facilities. Basically the revenue was nowhere close to the expected revenue. Do football players bring in millions sure, but they are interns and athlete use the NCAA just as much as the NCAA using athletes for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.