• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The compliments kind of end there though. His lack of discipline on the field, risky play calling at times (maybe reckless?), and some of the holes he left in the team even while he was here all can't be denied.

Some of you thought he had the potential to be a great HC, but he certainly didn't reach that with us and wasn't with you long enough to know either way.

I don't know about being a great head coach, but I thought he had the chance to be very good. He might still have the chance to be very good if his addictions are truly in his past. We just won't get to find out at USC. One thing he has in his favor is that he's young enough to be able to put that stuff behind him and still be a successful head coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, maybe he can. All I can say for sure is he was young and didn't reach anything like the full potential we would have needed to become a rose bowl worthy team under him.

Again, Neuheisel was the last coach that took us anywhere decent. That just speaks volumes.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And consider this, Utah may well be trotting out former UW QB Troy Williams as their starter.

Troy was 3rd on the depth chart behind Cyler miles and Jeff Lindquist before he left the team at the end of the '14 season. He served his one year at the lower division and now returned to the Pac. He did pretty well as a starter at that lower division, but still. If he wasn't able to pass up Cyler fucking Miles (yes the fucking is required for me to say his name, every time) nor Lindquist I'm not sure he's that much of a threat? :noidea:

As for the UW expectations, I said on our board that anything less than 9 should be considered a failure. I really don't know if they will be in contention for the North late in the year, but their schedule is setup for a run and barring any big injuries early, they should have the talent to make a push. Just hard to say how many bumps Stanford and Oregon will face with their changes and a lot probably hinges on whether or not the cougs can make another step forward. That apple cup could be really big next year.

Is that your "expectation" then, Wiz?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, yeah. That's what I said isn't it?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, maybe he can. All I can say for sure is he was young and didn't reach anything like the full potential we would have needed to become a rose bowl worthy team under him.

Again, Neuheisel was the last coach that took us anywhere decent. That just speaks volumes.

I don't think it speaks near the volumes you want it to. Neuheisel didn't take over a team that went 0-12 the season before he was hired. Sark was basically handed a complete rebuild.

Also, no one claimed that he reached any kind of full potential while at UW or while at USC. At his age, virtually no coaches reach their full potential. Part of the problem for Sark, imo, is the same as Kiffin. They were very good, promising young coaches who should have been head coaches at smaller schools for a few years before getting major jobs like UT, UW and USC.

Both would have been better served to be head coaches at mid-major level programs for a few years to learn the craft. There's a reason that, generally speaking, the best head coaches at bigger programs tend to be older guys. It's a whole different world sitting in the big office.

Add all of that to his addictions issue and it's a wonder he held it together as long as he did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of striking how little the academic goal needs to be for athletes no?

80 over 3.0 has to mean around 20 under? And it's a school record.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B Hedges.... And that's why I'm extremely nervous because with Woodward leaving this way to A&M, the Seattle-Times didn't waste a second claiming we needed to anoint one of the females from his staff just because it would be all for the sake of diversity. We spent a decade cleaning up the mess left by that nightmare. We need a football first AD at UW. Not the Seattle-Times choices to push an social agenda.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Seattle-Times didn't waste a second claiming we needed to anoint one of the females from his staff just because it would be all for the sake of diversity.

I'll never understand that kind of thinking. Whatever happened to hiring the best person for the job. Male or female?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully UW already has a decent HC so whoever comes in at AD won't have that mess to clean up like Woodward had. Still, you don't know what the future will bring and the AD sure can interfere with football operations like Hedges did, even if you have a hall of fame caliber HC.

Of course they need a football-centric AD. All schools do really, even if football isn't top dog. They bring in the money that every other sport needs to survive. Without that dough those precious women's sports everyone wants to protect go poof.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand that kind of thinking. Whatever happened to hiring the best person for the job. Male or female?

This issue arises when the best person for the job is a female and she doesn't get it. The world recognizes us males as the chauvinist pigs that we are.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a female at that position and she single handedly brought down a football dynasty. So much so I swear she was part of a USC sleeper cell. All of her football HC hires after she ran our legend out of town were dumpster fires of one sort or another.

We've had the agenda driven AD already. I'll politely say no thank you to another one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse manure that Sark inherited a crappy UW program. He was handed a decent program who's players completely quit on their coach and didn't give a crap about playing for anyone but themselves.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to hire Jerry Azzinaro as our DC. He was awesome when he was here as our D-Line coach under Chip. That is when our defenses were great.

Bring him on as DC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse manure that Sark inherited a crappy UW program. He was handed a decent program who's players completely quit on their coach and didn't give a crap about playing for anyone but themselves.

Yeah. best 0-12 team ever. LOL F ing hilarious.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, many decent programs go 0-12.

Didn't say they were world beaters but that team was much better than their record. They just quit on their coach. They didn't go 0-12 because of talent or the direction of the program. They went 0-12 because Willlingham couldn't motivate kids when they had no respect for the way he ran things. Nothing was more evident than our rotten AC when it appeared UW players were fixing the game to male sure he lost his job. That "shitty" 0-12 shouldn't curb stomped us but didn't even try.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Dammit!! Who let @wazzu31 into the Fireball again?

Ha, fireball is for amateurs in Pullman, there were plenty more moments like that with Pullman's liquor of choice in Wild Turkey. If you don't drink Busch Light and Wild Turkey don't step foot into America's treasure city.

Status
Not open for further replies.