• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just regent on McCaffrey's side, but oh well.

Every fan is going to probably like their own brand going into next year in the north. At least duck/dog/tree. Cal fans are a myth and WSU fans are into self loathing. Duck fans believe natty platter is there for them every off season. Dog fans believe next year, maybe the year after, is always just.... that close to returning to top level football.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every fan is going to probably like their own brand going into next year in the north. At least duck/dog/tree. Cal fans are a myth and WSU fans are into self loathing. Duck fans believe natty platter is there for them every off season. Dog fans believe next year, maybe the year after, is always just.... that close to returning to top level football.
Sorry Wiz that is who, in my, I have to drink to grade these fucking papers, moment saw most often. I am still drinking and just called out boardref, for the old timers did I fuck up?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RegentDenali Thank you for defending Mr. McCaffery on that idiotic thread. It is clear that clarkson has drunk for the SeC kool aid. I would go in there, but I might leave there being reduced to a LSU degree. The stupid hurts there.

So here is the true question, if the Husky D continues to grow, who wins the north next year UW (great/good D and developing QB), Oregon (Developing D, and another QB for hire with tons of offensive weapons (I would take Freeman over Henry)) or Stanford (9 D returners, but an unknown at QB, LT, LG and slot WR).

My money is on a WSU regression, OSU progression, CAL implodes like a sorostitute who wasn't told she was pretty, and then Oregon, UW and Stanford beating the ever living crap out of each other. Could 2016 be the year the south rises, if only due to the North being top heavy?

Oh and fuck that guy boardref.
I think (and hope) it's between UW and Stanford next year. We'll see what happens with oregon and their QB situation. The south keeps threatening to rise, but let's wait for it to happen before we buy into it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it was basically everyone but clarkson and theboardref.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the board ref is a classic SEC homer. Fuck I hate those guys.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Wiz that is who, in my, I have to drink to grade these fucking papers, moment saw most often. I am still drinking and just called out boardref, for the old timers did I fuck up?

Stanford education vs. SEC ejumukashun.

I think you'll be just fine.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh my.....:suds:

2016 five-star Lake Stevens (Wash.) quarterback Jacob Eason, who has been committed to Georgia, reportedly took an official visit to Washington today.

He's been a long time Georgia commit who had shut things down, but with the coaching change there, well....looks like things could get interesting.... :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh my.....:suds:

2016 five-star Lake Stevens (Wash.) quarterback Jacob Eason, who has been committed to Georgia, reportedly took an official visit to Washington today.

He's been a long time Georgia commit who had shut things down, but with the coaching change there, well....looks like things could get interesting.... :heh:

You guys aren't bringing in an FCS quarterback?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys aren't bringing in an FCS quarterback?

Nope. Petersen is building up this team how he wants it. Don't need any 5th year free agents to try to keep the train rolling.

As for Eason, I think Georgia or Florida are his likely destinations, especially given that to seal the deal, you got to be promising him that this will be his team by his sophomore year and you'll be sporting the rosters, especially at offense, to have legit shots at the conf champ games each year. It would be a huge if we landed him, but there is a reason he committed so early to a SEC team. The Huskies are a tougher sell since were still trying to get back to the top tier of the PAC. We haven't proven we can get back there yet. Until we do, 5-star level recruits, even ones in your backyard, are going to leaning towards others. We aren't located in Cali, Texas, or Florida/tSEC country either. For Washington, you got to establish a winning program first. Prove it, then your in the mix. We're starting to attract attention from serious defense prospects given what we proved last year. Awesome. Love it. But on offense, we got a lot more to prove.

Huskies started true freshman Browning this year, he delivered, looking like a perfect fit for the Huskies for the next couple years, and still has plenty more upside. That doesn't help matters either.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Petersen is building up this team how he wants it. Don't need any 5th year free agents to try to keep the train rolling.

As for Eason, I think Georgia or Florida are his likely destinations, especially given that to seal the deal, you got to be promising him that this will be his team by his sophomore year and you'll be sporting the rosters, especially at offense, to have legit shots at the conf champ games each year. It would be a huge if we landed him, but there is a reason he committed so early to a SEC team. The Huskies are a tougher sell since were still trying to get back to the top tier of the PAC. We haven't proven we can get back there yet. Until we do, 5-star level recruits, even ones in your backyard, are going to leaning towards others. We aren't located in Cali, Texas, or Florida/tSEC country either. For Washington, you got to establish a winning program first. Prove it, then your in the mix. We're starting to attract attention from serious defense prospects given what we proved last year. Awesome. Love it. But on offense, we got a lot more to prove.

Huskies started true freshman Browning this year, he delivered, looking like a perfect fit for the Huskies for the next couple years, and still has plenty more upside. That doesn't help matters either.
UW has put all but 4 QB's over the last 40 years into the NFL. Even Locker went high after joining a team with basically no talent.

I get what you are saying about top talent, but stud QB's go high in the draft no matter where they go or who they have around them. I do think teams that have a staff that a kid really feels at home with can still land those kinds of QB's. Obviously the draw of a national title hunt can lure them to better programs, but they write their own tickets at the next level regardless.

The fact that kids of that caliber are at least talking to Petersen and his staff is a good sign. Really no idea how much of a draw they are. The whole 'OKG' thing may not play well among that caliber of player. If so, that won't change even when the team builds up to the levels you suggest.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think (and hope) it's between UW and Stanford next year. We'll see what happens with oregon and their QB situation. The south keeps threatening to rise, but let's wait for it to happen before we buy into it.
Honestly, if whoever wins the QB battle next year can throw a 10 yard ball consistently Oregon should be alright. They will have Freeman, Benoit, Griffin, and Tyner should be healthy again. I have a feeling there might be a resurgence of the read option next year for the Ducks.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as you hate Huskies? :whistle:
Wiz, I have always said I hated the Husky fans of my YOUTH, have I given any indication that it still holds. I have been fairly complimentary to the Husky fans on this board IIRC, yet you keep bringing that up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I have always said I hated the Husky fans of my YOUTH, have I given any indication that it still holds. I have been fairly complimentary to the Husky fans on this board IIRC, yet you keep bringing that up.
Didn't realize you were so sensitive about it. We pick on each other up here. It's kind of what we do. It's razzing, nothing more.

I make it no secret that I freaking can't stand USC and their band. Yet I like and respect TF12 and there are other USC fans that aren't too annoying. It's obvious I'd sooner piss on a duck than talk to them and yet I respect Oly and there have been other duck fans I have liked exchanging with.

It's not a big deal if people do say they hate UW, their team, fans, or whatever. Those general group hate things are so common it's kind of what being a fan is about.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulndn't count out Oregon because they still have a lot of talent at the skill positions but they aren't going to be the pick. Stanford will be unanimous pick. Oregon will barely be second because the media will still love them
UW should be about 3rd but could slip behind WSU.
WSU will still have falk and be dangerous.
Cal losing Goff I think stays about the same give or take a couple games.
Oregon State has quite the reuild that I don't think happens in 1 to 2 years.

Bowl results could change some perceptions going in to next season.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulndn't count out Oregon because they still have a lot of talent at the skill positions but they aren't going to be the pick. Stanford will be unanimous pick. Oregon will barely be second because the media will still love them
UW should be about 3rd but could slip behind WSU.
WSU will still have falk and be dangerous.
Cal losing Goff I think stays about the same give or take a couple games.
Oregon State has quite the reuild that I don't think happens in 1 to 2 years.

Bowl results could change some perceptions going in to next season.
That's probably right as far ad preseason media picks go. And I didn't count out oregon.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You will wait for the South to rise but you hope its between Stanford and UW? LOL. Optimism worthy of a Duck.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an SEC homer I predicted the PAc 12 to be a better conference this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.