• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my count 75 bowl eligible and only 3 teams anywhere that still have a shot at bowl eligibility with their last game next week. so perhaps a few 5-7 teams end up in bowls.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 fucking Fields Goals? We gave up 24 pts to CAL. ASU gets the toilet bowl. I am so pissed right now.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 fucking Fields Goals? We gave up 24 pts to CAL. ASU gets the toilet bowl. I am so pissed right now.

It's hard to be surprised at this point. Just a disappointing season. I've seen them before. Hopefully it lights a fire under some asses in the offseason and at least they get bowl practice.

On the bright side, they can confidently tell Byron Murphy "sign here and you'll play day 1" because our DBs weren't very good and a bunch of them are gone now anyways.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be surprised at this point. Just a disappointing season. I've seen them before. Hopefully it lights a fire under some asses in the offseason and at least they get bowl practice.

On the bright side, they can confidently tell Byron Murphy "sign here and you'll play day 1" because our DBs weren't very good and a bunch of them are gone now anyways.
Watch TAMU get him. I will be so pissed if he goes there or SC

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a possibility of a Oregon / Baylor Alamo bowl. They better make sure the scoreboard for both teams can go to triple digits considering their offenses and defenses.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a possibility of a Oregon / Baylor Alamo bowl. They better make sure the scoreboard for both teams can go to triple digits considering their offenses and defenses.
Dear God, if that happened the Duck would come out of that game looking like Brock Lesner...

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the tackling was shit, but that can't bring down from the high I felt after the game. Also I think Helton should be the head coach, he took over when the team was reeling from a coach who was seemingly drunk all the time and went 6-2. BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF UCLA, and a shot at the PAC12 Championship and a Rose Bowl

Also no more Chip Kelly avi.
I like Helton a lot and hope Haden taps him as our HC. Wilcox has to go. He is a terrible DC. The tackling has been an issue all year.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Helton a lot and hope Haden taps him as our HC. Wilcox has to go. He is a terrible DC. The tackling has been an issue all year.
If USC does dump him I kinda hope the Ducks pick him up as an assistant or something the guy seems to be one hell of a recruiter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my count 75 bowl eligible and only 3 teams anywhere that still have a shot at bowl eligibility with their last game next week. so perhaps a few 5-7 teams end up in bowls.

Yeah, I forget what show I was listening to and they were saying that it looks like they will have to consider 5 win teams and/or teams with wins vs. FCS schools.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see:

USC won...check
UCLA lost...check
Notre Dame lost...check

Perfect Trojan Saturday. :cool2:
TF We on for an AVI bet Friday? TBH I would rather Stanford was facing UCLA. USC is a bit scarier the way Stanford's d has played since loosing their two top CB's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF We on for an AVI bet Friday? TBH I would rather Stanford was facing UCLA. USC is a bit scarier the way Stanford's d has played since loosing their two top CB's.

Gotta think about it. I know we have a standing avy bet for the regular season game, but I swore off of avy bets for the season after the loss to the Domers dropped me to 0-3. We're 8-1 in games with no avy bet.

But I ain't superstitious or anything. :lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I buy into ASU every year. They always come into the season with firepower and a scary defense. And every year they seem to fizzle out before seasons end. Are they just unlucky? Cursed? Coaching? What is it? :noidea:

Will I buy into them going into next season? Or have I FINALLY learned my lesson. Will I assume they can't meet their talent level in wins and they end up winning the south?

I just don't get that team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I buy into ASU every year. They always come into the season with firepower and a scary defense. And every year they seem to fizzle out before seasons end. Are they just unlucky? Cursed? Coaching? What is it? :noidea:

Will I buy into them going into next season? Or have I FINALLY learned my lesson. Will I assume they can't meet their talent level in wins and they end up winning the south?

Yeah, everyone buys into them every year and every year it's pretty much the same. Not sure what it is. It's been going on since at least the Pete Carroll era at USC. They were usually one of the teams that was supposed to end USC's run.

It's not usually a "just missed" type thing either. It seems to usually be a faceplant. Really don't get it. Talent certainly isn't the issue.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach Graham: "if they want someone not to blitz get someone else" Yet not one sack in the game. I have to admit, that pissed me off too. Six, 6, field goals says a lot as well about coaching and play calling. That egotistical remark has caused more than a little discontent in Sun Devil land. As Pat Boivin said on AZ Central, this game shows ASU for what it is, a 6-6 team. We knew that to start with, but the Devils could have looked a lot better doing it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ASU Cal and oregon State follow the same line. When you expect nothing they do good, when you expect a lot they lose.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess right now is
Rose Stanford
Alamo Oregon
Holiday USC
Foster Farms UCLA
Sun Utah
Las Vegas WSU
Cactus Arizona State
Armed Forces Bowl Washington
New Orleans Bowl Arizona
Independence Cal
though the last 3 are wild guesses.
SBNation has
Rose Stanford
Alamo Oregon
Holiday Utah
Foster Farms USC
Sun WSU
Vegas Cal
Cactus UCLA
Poinsettia Arizona
Heart of Dallas Washington
Armed Forces ASU

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that says., Wiz, is that you're not the knowledgeable football fan you want to be. The Devils have not had a team since Jake the Snake that could inspire hate and fear. We have had a couple of "good" teams but "fire power and a scary defense"? Is it unlucky, cursed, coaching? What is it? I don't know but if I really wanted to, I guess the one to ask is a Husky fan. But I was wrong as well, I predicted seven wins. Hint: next year, with a new QB, the devils likely won't do it either, but don't bet on it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a strange one NN. No one is perfect at picking college ball. If I was I'd be rich betting the lines. No one ever claimed to be any such thing.

Nice try to deflect though. The simple fact is this team under performed again. And that's not from 'husky' fans, that's based on every credible preseason poll. They had more talent than their record bore out. That's a fact.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone buys into them every year and every year it's pretty much the same. Not sure what it is. It's been going on since at least the Pete Carroll era at USC. They were usually one of the teams that was supposed to end USC's run.

It's not usually a "just missed" type thing either. It seems to usually be a faceplant. Really don't get it. Talent certainly isn't the issue.

You're another, T12, that is far from the expert football fan you want to be. USC sucks up all the talent it needs to underachieve and has depended on luck to let a three loss team win the South, all the while whining that sanctions have destroyed the program, but is quick to agree to ASU's short comings. But then, if we want to know about under achievement, who else to ask but a Trojan fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.