• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how well they played on offense, or at least how they didn't give up the many turnovers that have plagued them in their losses, I think UW still wins that game with Falk out there. Sure, not by 35, but a win none the less.

Should have heard Hugh Millen going off after Leach's presser. He was ripping him up one side and down the other for not giving the Huskies any credit for playing a good game. I really didn't think Leach was insulting, at least not compared to some of his usual crap. And I don't give a damn if he gives any credit. Was still funny to hear Millen going off as badly as he did.

I didn't hear it the whole thing and they shouldn't take anything away from UW's performance but it proves how good Falk is. After fully watching the game there really wasn't one good pass Bender made, they were all high, behind or off the spot. Your defense rattled Bender which is something you don't see with Falk.

That said the one thing that Leach said that went viral was his basically saying the Apple Cup is just another game and players shouldn't be more fired up for the Apple Cup than playing Cal. Fuck that and it's easy to say that in the one year that we by far had the superior year coming into the game, and if it is just another game then take the payday of having it every year at Centurylink.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still a chance UW doesn't get a bid, but for some of these bowls with at-large slots, the chance of taking a 6-6 P5 team that travels well is too good to pass up over mid majors, etc....

We'll see. Right now just soo damn happy with that performance by both sides of the ball by the Dawgs and keeping the Apple Cup in Montlake.

Congrats to the Cougs on a great season. Doormat status is over for you guys and that's got to feel real good. Now go get yourselves a bowl trophy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear it the whole thing and they shouldn't take anything away from UW's performance but it proves how good Falk is. After fully watching the game there really wasn't one good pass Bender made, they were all high, behind or off the spot. Your defense rattled Bender which is something you don't see with Falk.

That said the one thing that Leach said that went viral was his basically saying the Apple Cup is just another game and players shouldn't be more fired up for the Apple Cup than playing Cal. Fuck that and it's easy to say that in the one year that we by far had the superior year coming into the game, and if it is just another game then take the payday of having it every year at Centurylink.
1) We won't know, and can't know what falk would have done because he didn't play. To suggest Falk wouldn't have been rattled by that D because he doesn't get rattled isn't accurate. Husky D isn't the same D as anyone else in the conference. And the Apple cup isn't any old game.
2) Leach's comments about beating better teams than us will be bulletin board stuff for next year no doubt, but it's not like you need more ammo in this series.
3) Both of these teams will return a lot of experienced players next season. The other powers of the north will be breaking in new QB's. If Leach can get a bit more out of your defense and UW can get a lot more consistent on offense both teams will be challenging for the north. The AC next year could be a much more important game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still a chance UW doesn't get a bid, but for some of these bowls with at-large slots, the chance of taking a 6-6 P5 team that travels well is too good to pass up over mid majors, etc....

We'll see. Right now just soo damn happy with that performance by both sides of the ball by the Dawgs and keeping the Apple Cup in Montlake.

Congrats to the Cougs on a great season. Doormat status is over for you guys and that's got to feel real good. Now go get yourselves a bowl trophy.
75 teams at bowl eligible. still some out there with a chance though. only 5 more needed to get to the 80 then its just a matter of what conference didnt fill all spots.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the condoms for winning the South. Told you guys all week it was in the bag. UCLA will be a bit more dangerous next year, but this USC team was destined to win that game.

CCG? USC has it in them. Trees should still win, but anyone counting SC out isn't paying attention. Let's see how Furd does against the domers tonight.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) We won't know, and can't know what falk would have done because he didn't play. To suggest Falk wouldn't have been rattled by that D because he doesn't get rattled isn't accurate. Husky D isn't the same D as anyone else in the conference. And the Apple cup isn't any old game.
2) Leach's comments about beating better teams than us will be bulletin board stuff for next year no doubt, but it's not like you need more ammo in this series.
3) Both of these teams will return a lot of experienced players next season. The other powers of the north will be breaking in new QB's. If Leach can get a bit more out of your defense and UW can get a lot more consistent on offense both teams will be challenging for the north. The AC next year could be a much more important game.

It might be appropriate to suggest that Falk wouldn't get rattled because he doesn't get rattled. On the other hand, whether "the Husky D is not the same D" might be argumentative depending on how you mean that. Be honest and admit that Falk's absence LIKELY made it an easy game for the Huskies. Benching your successful QB does that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be appropriate to suggest that Falk wouldn't get rattled because he doesn't get rattled. On the other hand, whether "the Husky D is not the same D" might be argumentative depending on how you mean that. Be honest and admit that Falk's absence LIKELY made it an easy game for the Huskies. Benching your successful QB does that.
I said earlier that the score wouldn't have been a blow out with Falk, but that as well as the offense was that day I think they still beat them. UW was in every game they played this year and the difference in the losses was turnovers. They had several games that were 4 or more turnovers.

I just find it funny for a coug to use the 'we didn't have falk' excuse, but they are happy to talk about beating Oregon without Adams. Can't have it both ways.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the condoms for winning the South. Told you guys all week it was in the bag. UCLA will be a bit more dangerous next year, but this USC team was destined to win that game.

CCG? USC has it in them. Trees should still win, but anyone counting SC out isn't paying attention. Let's see how Furd does against the domers tonight.
It's going to be very difficult for us to win next Saturday. We will have play mistake free and get some turnovers. The Stanford O line is a beast, and Hogan/Cajuste/McCaffrey are almost unstoppable. Hope we can keep it close. If we tackle next Saturday like we did today, it might turn out 100-14.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so weird playing in CAL the last week. We're up 17-3 way to go Sparky.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Stanford game was a finish for the ages. Clutch play down the stretch and needing a long FG to win and having it split the uprights. Just a fantastic finish.

After seeing that game I'm still picking the trees in the CCG, but funny things happen between California teams. Just hope it's still a good game either way.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Stanford game was a finish for the ages. Clutch play down the stretch and needing a long FG to win and having it split the uprights. Just a fantastic finish.

After seeing that game I'm still picking the trees in the CCG, but funny things happen between California teams. Just hope it's still a good game either way.
I'm still trying to come down from that. It was an entertaining game with a fitting end.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess right now is
Rose Stanford
Alamo Oregon
Holiday USC
Foster Farms UCLA
Sun Utah
Las Vegas WSU
Cactus Arizona State
Armed Forces Bowl Washington
New Orleans Bowl Arizona
Independence Cal
though the last 3 are wild guesses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip ASU and Cal if Cal finishes off this comeback. they just took the lead.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be very difficult for us to win next Saturday. We will have play mistake free and get some turnovers. The Stanford O line is a beast, and Hogan/Cajuste/McCaffrey are almost unstoppable. Hope we can keep it close. If we tackle next Saturday like we did today, it might turn out 100-14.
Ive been an SC fan since i was young. Ive never seen such sloppy tackling including down years. That was awful

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the tackling was shit, but that can't bring down from the high I felt after the game. Also I think Helton should be the head coach, he took over when the team was reeling from a coach who was seemingly drunk all the time and went 6-2. BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF UCLA, and a shot at the PAC12 Championship and a Rose Bowl

Also no more Chip Kelly avi.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last weekend of the year and both of the later games were awesome. What a way to end it. Cal's game didn't have the impact with that win, but still was a hell of a second half and a great show to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.