• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys. I want to tell you all I am sorry for acting up again last night. I read it. What I said in re: to Wiz's family was classless and unacceptable. I am sorry for that and apologize to him first. And the rest of yall next.

Apparently it took me this long to realize that when I get drunk enough I turn into a giant Internet asshole. That is not who I am in real life. This place turns into a game for me when I get piss drunk. And it ruins the SportsHoopla experience for many. And for that, I am sorry.

I am going to step away for a while. I want to quit message board life. But likely I won't. I should, but I probably won't. I will still be on to Help Hammer and ford in time. I love SportsHoopla, but it has gotten to a point of me not caring. And not caring leads to extremely obnoxious me.

Sorry. For those who have my number, yes all of you who do ( :wink: ) Text or call if you have questions or wanna chat. For those I have met in person, I am really embarrassed that you actually know me and can put a face to the terrible things I said. Shameful.

I am writing this now, but am going to respond to a couple pms tonight.

Anyways, I wish you all a fun football season.

All the best,

WM
I texted and all i got back was a reminder that my balance with the ebookie was overdue

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
them beans were good. goodnight now

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

In fact, I thought we already had one.
I just wanted to make sure good sir. Straight up or on the points when they post?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a man of honor. Go easy on me when you beat my team, I figure Stanford is due for regression to the mean.

I have a couple of running bets with high school friends that went to various PAC schools. Winner BUYS the loser a polo/shirt from the winning team and the loser must post video evidence of wearing it to work and admitting the loss. So much happier doing AVI bets. I have had to teach class two years in a row with a Utah shirt on....at U of A. At least this way it is semi-anonymous.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a man of honor. Go easy on me when you beat my team, I figure Stanford is due for regression to the mean.

I have a couple of running bets with high school friends that went to various PAC schools. Winner BUYS the loser a polo/shirt from the winning team and the loser must post video evidence of wearing it to work and admitting the loss. So much happier doing AVI bets. I have had to teach class two years in a row with a Utah shirt on....at U of A. At least this way it is semi-anonymous.
I wouldn't worry. Stanford looks like one of the best teams in the country right now. And it looks like our starting QB might be out (though I don't know if that really makes a huge difference at this point)...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry. Stanford looks like one of the best teams in the country right now. And it looks like our starting QB might be out (though I don't know if that really makes a huge difference at this point)...
If by not making a difference you mean losing anyway, then yes. If you mean the team won't play much differently then I'd strongly disagree. That offense has been slowly coming together under Browning. Are there still too many mistakes? Yes, for sure. But just remember what that offense looked like last year under Cyler. They are miles ahead of that (sorry, had to).

Stanford should be favored by at least 12 even if he's going to play. They haven't scored less than 41 to anyone in the conference so far. Can't wait to see how our defense stacks up against a real offense, but even if they are stellar and hold them to under 28 that offense won't keep up with that effort.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for any husky fan poppin off at duck fans for being over the top after 12 straight, just imagine what you'd be like.

We did it all the time to you and didn't give a ratsass. We always considered WSU our main rival. Beating the LA schools always had a little more ommpphhh to it.

You were a historical doormat for decades. Nobody around here cared about you guys, but that's probably what laid the foundation for all this hate spewed at us until we were dragged into returning fire.

Uncle Phil whipped out the checkbook and now everyone, but especially us, became your "schools" inferiority complex and victimhood culture target. It's the only explanation why you keep cranking up the Ahole amplifier with each win. It's called attention whore syndrome. The Kardashian whores and Nike U. have a lot in common. Everything's about drawing attention to yourselves, and it ends up a sad addiction.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did it all the time to you and didn't give a ratsass. We always considered WSU our main rival. Beating the LA schools always had a little more ommpphhh to it.

You were a historical doormat for decades. Nobody around here cared about you guys, but that's probably what laid the foundation for all this hate spewed at us until we were dragged into returning fire.

Uncle Phil whipped out the checkbook and now everyone, but especially us, became your "schools" inferiority complex and victimhood culture target. It's the only explanation why you keep cranking up the Ahole amplifier with each win. It's called attention whore syndrome. The Kardashian whores and Nike U. have a lot in common. Everything's about drawing attention to yourselves, and it ends up a sad addiction.
Just ask Lamar Odom.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask Lamar Odom.

The Kardashian mom is the devils whore and in exchange, pimps out her female children . She cut a deal with him which is the only explanation for their continued notoriety.

But it comes with a horrible curse. Anyone around them, especially any males, end up losing their minds and wrecked. That klan is in league with the devil and Odom is a perfect example of what happens when you consort with one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star dual-threat QB Daniel Bridge-Gadd (Phoenix, AZ) has committed to Washington after visiting this weekend.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star dual-threat QB Daniel Bridge-Gadd (Phoenix, AZ) has committed to Washington after visiting this weekend.
Send his ass to Vernon Adam's tutor and get him on campus this week ffs. Need some dual-threat action right now.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would tend to agree to your assessment of the vitriol that many Duck fans spit at Husky fans. I wasn't an Oregon fan until I moved to Oregon just before high school in the mid 90's so I missed a lot of the irrelevant years so maybe that's why I rarely get into the back and forth. I would venture a bet that most Washington fans are a bit jealous of Oregon's relationship with the Knights and this is why they consistently deride Duck fans by calling them Nike U and jump up and down pointing at their one title even though they haven't been relevant in nearly two decades.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually our main rival was USC, but they are everyone's main rival when they are playing well. For a long time you circled two days on the schedule when it came out, WSU and USC. No other team really mattered more than the others after them.
I would venture a bet that most Washington fans are a bit jealous of Oregon's relationship with the Knights and this is why they consistently deride Duck fans by calling them Nike U and jump up and down pointing at their one title even though they haven't been relevant in nearly two decades.
As for being jealous of the Nike money... :L
Really bad attempt at figuring out why we make so much fun of it. The ducks didn't work their way up the ladder, they paid their way there and it shows on the big stages. It wasn't blood sweat and tears, it was x-boxes in your locker and all the trimmings that go with being entitled. Hell no we don't want to get a bump that way. The kids need to know it's a privilege to play for your team, not being lured there with candy. WSU would probably love the money and would take that kind of boost. Oregon State probably as well. Most of the rest don't need that to find kids to play for their teams. UW has not fallen on hard times because we don't have some mega donor making the taj mahal of football operations centers. We had a shitty AD that ran the football team into the ground because she was all about empowering womens sports and it has taken some time to find the right path out of the hole that bitch left. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually our main rival was USC, but they are everyone's main rival when they are playing well.
Actually, it's UCLA & USC as main rivals and the beauty of it has always been that it has never mattered if the other was playing well or not.

Beating your rival can be the only saving grace when your team is in a slump or in a down year, especially if your rival is doing well!

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for being jealous of the Nike money... :L
Really bad attempt at figuring out why we make so much fun of it. The ducks didn't work their way up the ladder, they paid their way there and it shows on the big stages. It wasn't blood sweat and tears, it was x-boxes in your locker and all the trimmings that go with being entitled. Hell no we don't want to get a bump that way. The kids need to know it's a privilege to play for your team, not being lured there with candy. WSU would probably love the money and would take that kind of boost. Oregon State probably as well. Most of the rest don't need that to find kids to play for their teams. UW has not fallen on hard times because we don't have some mega donor making the taj mahal of football operations centers. We had a shitty AD that ran the football team into the ground because she was all about empowering womens sports and it has taken some time to find the right path out of the hole that bitch left. It really isn't any more complicated than that.
Yeah, you're jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.