• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 PICK'EMS THREAD - Post your picks here!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so there is no confusion, the Oregon St and Washington games are this Friday.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday:

Utah

Arizona

Saturday:

Hawaii

Boise St

Oregon State

Virginia

Stanford

Southern Cal

Washington St

California

Oregon

Tiebreaker: pick final score
2 point game

Neutral Site

Texas A&M 28 Arizona State 38

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is awesome. I get to watch 3 PAC games from home.

Leaving for Autzen at 930 so I will miss a few games.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State 38 Texas A&M 27

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT I PICKED ARIZONA STATE TO COVER THE 3.5. IF TEXAS A&M WINS 38-27 THEN ARIZONA STATE DID NOT COVER THE 3.5.
It was already pointed out. Make it simple stupid. Vita is volunteering to do this. Why make him have to think and figure out what could easily be laid out instead?

I always preferred it if it was something like:
Texas A&M 27 - ASU 38

And yes, it was always closest to the pin as it were. It's not total combined score. If one guesses the correct winner and the other doesn't then they are not going to win even if they had the same number of points combined.

Don't feel bad Vita. I dealt with this shit the last two years and it came up both times. I had to remind people to make that last pick easier on me. They don't understand. Giving it the way I posted above also lets you know if someone is confused. If they highlight the wrong one you have a chance to clarify it with them prior to the game. That too happened at least 2-3 times a season.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already pointed out. Make it simple stupid. Vita is volunteering to do this. Why make him have to think and figure out what could easily be laid out instead?

I always preferred it if it was something like:
Texas A&M 27 - ASU 38

And yes, it was always closest to the pin as it were. It's not total combined score. If one guesses the correct winner and the other doesn't then they are not going to win even if they had the same number of points combined.

Don't feel bad Vita. I dealt with this shit the last two years and it came up both times. I had to remind people to make that last pick easier on me. They don't understand. Giving it the way I posted above also lets you know if someone is confused. If they highlight the wrong one you have a chance to clarify it with them prior to the game. That too happened at least 2-3 times a season.
Bro calm down I posted my score

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much rustling

Fear of another Ducks PAC title has folks on edge

The Oregon impact is real.

And to imagine it is the two teams Oregon routinely seal clubs making the most noise.

:burt:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro calm down I posted my score
And have 5+ posts before you did so bitching about it? :noidea:

I haven't read this thread since it was created and jumped in before reading every last post because it struck me as oddly familiar. It's part of the reason I needed a season off TBH. This just shouldn't be this complicated and yet it always is. You get most that post things the exact same way that makes it super easy, and those that insist on doing something that makes you stop and take more time, like Clarks where he only posts the winners and no highlights.

All of this and we haven't even seen a game yet.

I feel your pain Vita. I really do.

:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geez Wiz, where the heck have you been? I knew you would remember all of this! Anyways, thanks a bunch for the clarification! I do remember it being discussed ad nauseam prior.

And for the record, there is no rule that says your tiebreaker prediction must collaborate the team that you pick to cover in that game.

It rarely makes sense to go that route unless you wanted to hedge your bet, but maybe you're on the fence with your pick in that game. By doing this, you could still lose that game by the spread and pick the other team to win by a score that does not support your pick in that game and possibly still win the tiebreaker & the week, if it came down to that.

It's just a strategy seldom used, but still can be if so desired.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much rustling

And to imagine it is the two teams Oregon routinely seal clubs making the most noise.

So much for your 110% effort to not be a dick. That lasted all of a week? :noidea:

I have nothing against Oly and was only chiming in because I have the most experience dealing with these recurring themes in what should be an easy and fun pastime. Seemed like Vita needed a little support. He's volunteering his time to do the bulk of the work on this. People really should cut him some slack and just support what he needs, not bash him for trying to get more organized in week 1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much rustling

Uh, it was the Duck that was rustled. His very first post was bitching about picking against the spread. Then it was about how to post the final pick. He even argued 4d20 style for a few pages when it would have a lot quicker and easier to just post it the way Vita asked.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah
Arizona
Colorado
Boise St
Oregon State
UCLA
Stanford
Southern Cal
Portland State
California
Oregon
Tiebreaker: pick final scor
Arizona State 45 A&M 24

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's volunteering his time to do the bulk of the work on this.
I don't recall saying I would do the bulk of the work. LOL Someone else needs to step up to the plate. I do have a spreadsheet prepared to use. It is the one I developed for a pay for NFL league. With that, we now have 22 players, I'm thinking that number is getting up there.

easier to just post it the way Vita asked.
You know, this is a good point. It would be nice if I could just get the winners so I can do a simple copy and paste into the spreadsheet. (Less chance for errors) With that though, as you all probably know, when you use a spread sheet, it requires the teams names are always spelled the same. In the NFL pool, we use a three letter name for each. I now with college, up to four letters makes more sense.

Either way, I will deal with it the way it is for now, but expect some 'simple' changes along the way to streamline this bitch.

~Vita

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my own spreadsheet that had the games down the side and participants along the top. I typed in their picks and used my own abbr as well. Had no one to blame but me if they didn't turn out right. Form did get quite long by the end of the season as I kept each weeks results on their own line week to week so by the end it had a lot of data on it.

I was thinking last year about making a PHP form for it and just hosting it on my website with a link here just so it could all be automated more or less, but when the site moved over we were told there might be software coming that could integrate it right into the site so I didn't waste my time. Still hoping it's something that gets added sooner or later.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if mentioned already but the Colorado game is tomorrow, not Saturday