• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he didn't say anything for a while. You guys were rolling and I'd think you could win being run heavy for those games knowing you might be playing for a bigger prize later.
That could be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the current state of USC's bookings = Not USC's fault
Current state of Washington bookings = Washington's fault

Got it. :thumb:

Well, teams set up their own OOC schedules, sooo, I'm going with yeah.

When you schedule teams like Western Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame, you are at least attempting to put together a competitive schedule. If those teams happen to be down by the time the game is played, that's not your fault.

When you schedule teams like Rutgers, Montana and Fresno St., who you know are unlikely to be competitive even at their best, you are auditioning for the SEC and it is your fault because you didn't even try to put together a competitive OOC schedule.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. :noidea:

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see. USC schedules Notre Dame , Alabama, Texas
Washington schedules Montana, Fresno State, Portland State, Idaho

Which teams could possibly be good when you play them? I'll give you a hint. One set has about 30 national championships.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize... that's weird, being in different divisions and all...
All cali teams play each other every year. All 4. It was part of the agreement to go to 12. Only the other 8 alternate cali teams.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, teams set up their own OOC schedules, sooo, I'm going with yeah.

When you schedule teams like Western Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame, you are at least attempting to put together a competitive schedule. If those teams happen to be down by the time the game is played, that's not your fault.

When you schedule teams like Rutgers, Montana and Fresno St., who you know are unlikely to be competitive even at their best, you are auditioning for the SEC and it is your fault because you didn't even try to put together a competitive OOC schedule.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. :noidea:
Rutgers was coming off an 8 win season when UW scheduled them. Fresno had just won their division when they scheduled.

and dont forget that 2005 Fresno State vs USC game. it was pretty competitive.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and washington has started to make some effort with Auburn in 18 and Michigan in 20 and 21

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and washington has started to make some effort with Auburn in 18 and Michigan in 20 and 21
Sark and Woodward were not as interested in high level competition though. Kind of trying to take the SEC model of scheduling jokes OOC to give you 3 wins toward your bowl eligibility. Tells you how confident they were in what they were doing that they needed those free wins. :L

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or did I actually spot 2 SEC teams playing West coast games on that PAC schedule? Did they forget to call and cancel the away part of the home and home?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or did I actually spot 2 SEC teams playing West coast games on that PAC schedule? Did they forget to call and cancel the away part of the home and home?
Georgia and Texas AM LOL

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss and aTm were the two I saw.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark and Woodward were not as interested in high level competition though. Kind of trying to take the SEC model of scheduling jokes OOC to give you 3 wins toward your bowl eligibility. Tells you how confident they were in what they were doing that they needed those free wins. :L

Sark and Kiffen were both win any way you can types. All ego. I heard an interview with Zack Banner yesterday he said he wished Helton was the head coach his four years at USC.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule differences are huge again. USC plays Stanford second game of the season. Why do they always play Stanford so early? Why not Cal or Colorado, Arizona? Washington doesnt play a conference game till its fourth game. USC also doesn't have a bye week during the regular season. That's gonna be tough.

I hear yah about the messed up schedules. It seems like we get back to back games against Oregon/Stanford for the past few years.

Sucks that you don't get a BYE week in the middle of the season, but you do get 2 weeks before the pac-12 championship game, which has its own advantages obviously.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fansided rated the 5 football programs that will impacted the most by the 2017 NFL draft. 3 are PAC teams and Washington is #1. They dont list everyone going, but lots of the 2016 impact players brought up as examples...

• 5. USC Trojans – Lost offensive lineman Zach Banner, cornerback Adoree Jackson and wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster.
  • 4. Alabama Crimson Tide – Losing seniors defensive end Jonathan Allen, tight end O.J. Howard, inside linebacker Reuben Foster and outside linebacker Tim Williams.
    Seniors like outside linebacker Ryan Anderson, defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson and strong safety Eddie Jackson project as second to fourth-round selections
  • 3. Stanford Cardinals – Lost junior running back Christian McCaffrey and redshirt sophomore defensive end Solomon Thomas.
  • 2. Clemson Tigers – Lost cornerback Cordrea Tankersley, defensive tackle Carlos Watkins, quarterback Deshaun Watson and wide receiver Mike Williams. Players like
    running back Wayne Gallman, tight end Jordan Leggett and wide receiver Artavis Scott project as day two selections.
  • 1. Washington Huskies – Losing free safety Budda Baker, cornerback Sidney Jones, defensive tackle Elijah Qualls and wide receiver John Ross

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fansided rated the 5 football programs that will impacted the most by the 2017 NFL draft. 3 are PAC teams and Washington is #1. They dont list everyone going, but lots of the 2016 impact players brought up as examples...

• 5. USC Trojans – Lost offensive lineman Zach Banner, cornerback Adoree Jackson and wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster.
  • 4. Alabama Crimson Tide – Losing seniors defensive end Jonathan Allen, tight end O.J. Howard, inside linebacker Reuben Foster and outside linebacker Tim Williams.
    Seniors like outside linebacker Ryan Anderson, defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson and strong safety Eddie Jackson project as second to fourth-round selections
  • 3. Stanford Cardinals – Lost junior running back Christian McCaffrey and redshirt sophomore defensive end Solomon Thomas.
  • 2. Clemson Tigers – Lost cornerback Cordrea Tankersley, defensive tackle Carlos Watkins, quarterback Deshaun Watson and wide receiver Mike Williams. Players like
    running back Wayne Gallman, tight end Jordan Leggett and wide receiver Artavis Scott project as day two selections.
  • 1. Washington Huskies – Losing free safety Budda Baker, cornerback Sidney Jones, defensive tackle Elijah Qualls and wide receiver John Ross

Next man up and let's keep the progression to the top!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up and let's keep the progression to the top!
Easy/boring OOC and most of the meat on the schedule both at home, and later in the season.

Lots of time to get the younger kids up to speed and keep developing Jake and the pieces around him.

No reason to expect less than 10 wins.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers was coming off an 8 win season when UW scheduled them. Fresno had just won their division when they scheduled.

and dont forget that 2005 Fresno State vs USC game. it was pretty competitive.

Lol @Ducks trying to defend Huskies. The chances that you are going to play a competitive team when you schedule the likes of Texas and Notre Dame are far greater than when you schedule teams like Rutgers and Fresno St.