• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason begins 2021

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a year by Logan Thomas .... 16 games later you can see the reason not to say shit that might not be true. Good job big guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rules of the draft i agree with

1) Do not squander draft picks value your draft picks

2) Rule of thumb – there are currently seven rounds in the NFL Draft. You never want to come out of a draft having made fewer than seven picks.

3) Do not reach for a quarterback in the first round. This the most common draft sin. It happens constantly. Jake Locker , Christian ponder and blaine gabbert were top 12 picks Teams desperate for quarterbacks will go to great lengths to talk themselves into taking a signal caller early. But sometimes there just isn’t a QB worth drafting in the first round. If that is the case, you can’t waste the pick

4) There is a little bit of a debate between drafting the Best Player Available (BPA) or drafting for need. I’ll make this easy. its a little of both . you go through your needs , prioritize them then look at the players at these positions of needs . If the rating and value match up you take the guy . if you go threw all your needs and find out that the value isnt there you draft the BPA. chase young is the case point . the need for a defensive end wasnt the highest need but value at that pick wasnt there so we picked Chase

5) Draft an LOS guy (big guy ) in every draft somewhere

6) Always take a CB in the draft somehwere . i go with corners because if they cant be a CB in the pros maybe they can slide back to safety

7) Look for wr's returners and even DB's at small schools . john brown , theilen kupp all came from small schools

8 )you can take fliers on guys later in the draft . injuries , maybe one good trait , but not so much other things

9) draft leaders

10 ) stay away from trading up and giving up multiple picks RG3 is the latest failure of that set up . the reason is simple for any reason he bust out , injuries , etc you set the franchise back . sometimes it works , 2 2nds for sweat but if snyder had listened to his staff we woud have had sweat and the 2 picks in round 2 . AJ brown of the titans could have been had

11) dont tank for draft picks . it doesnt work

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is true , we need a guy who performed like TM . thats the qb type we need
Huh? Let's give Hieneke a chance here. Did you see some of the escapability on display vs the Bucs? This dude got out of some very difficult situations that no other QB on our team could have done, NONE! I really like the guy and want him on the team as either a backup or starter unless we do not swing a deal for a vet.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Let's give Hieneke a chance here. Did you see some of the escapability on display vs the Bucs? This dude got out of some very difficult situations that no other QB on our team could have done, NONE! I really like the guy and want him on the team as either a backup or starter unless we do not swing a deal for a vet.
Yep! this pretty much rules out all of the so-called statues (strict pocket QB's) that some crave. Sign of the times everyone, Pocket QB's are still valuable, but the advent of multi-dimensional types as quickly becoming the norm. My question is, who's going to be available in free agency that brings those natural traits?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! this pretty much rules out all of the so-called statues (strict pocket QB's) that some crave. Sign of the times everyone, Pocket QB's are still valuable, but the advent of multi-dimensional types as quickly becoming the norm. My question is, who's going to be available in free agency that brings those natural traits?
Hieneke, Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton & Jameis Winston come to mind first. Of this list, I take Hieneke "everyday and twice on Sunday", as I heard one of his new teammates say.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
Hieneke, Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton & Jameis Winston come to mind first. Of this list, I take Hieneke "everyday and twice on Sunday", as I heard one of his new teammates say.
You're right, Heinicke appears to be the best of them, however, considering what they are now looking for, if (Big If) the laser correcting vision surgery has fixed his issues, I might be willing to give Winston a look see! There's going to be a lot of teams looking at him this offseason!

Jameis Winston: Saints QB has LASIK eye surgery for blurry ...

www.si.com › extra-mustard › 2020 › 04 › 30 › saints...https://www.bing.com/search?q=jamis winston laser surgery update&qs=

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Heinicke's game and 7 minutes should give some encouragement but he seems to be brittle from his history. I believe that some coaches maybe even two miss on a guy or sometimes a guy develops but I am not going to put too much hope in a guy that was largely ignored for five years.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After your post, I decided to look into Jameis Winston a bit more and came across this interesting article. Check out #5.

The Best Potential Landing Spots for Jameis Winston in 2021
Even though Jameis Winston 's 2021 playoff journey continues, multiple teams may have him on their …
Bleacher Report · 2d

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sold on Lance or Jones, It may not be sexy but I think we're better off re-signing our own, or signing a FA, or trading.
I'm not confident a rookie would be allowed to sit an entire season, if things went south.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3