• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole point which we have tossed around is DDJ is terrible at throwing people out. Of course the most likely scenario is DDJ starts and Stubbs comes in with a lead. Yes traditionally the COF is a power spot and we would have to make that up if DDJ is there. I am thinking defensively not offensively. You never know if Brinson has turned the corner and yes barring injury he will start in Frisco. I am just dreaming of best case scenarios,

What we need is a RHB probably 2 if we can hold on to Nap. Another SP and Lewis too if Gallardo turns down QO. Love to improve at catcher and hope our relief improves. If somehow we can get a power hitting CRF more likely via trade that is good but not to leave Brinson out of the mix next year.

Those are the realistic needs minus the last one which is a pure longshot

Brinson is probably a year away, though I could see a scenario where he comes up after the all star break this year. Don't forget about Mazara as well, and you can bet they'll want to give Hamilton a chance at least to be the every day LF. If the bring someone on it will likely be a Jeff Baker type.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson is probably a year away, though I could see a scenario where he comes up after the all star break this year. Don't forget about Mazara as well, and you can bet they'll want to give Hamilton a chance at least to be the every day LF. If the bring someone on it will likely be a Jeff Baker type.

in the JD interview, his hope for Josh was to be a productive player and have a good spring.. Yes he is the frontrunner and no reason not to be but if we can not overuse him that would be wise

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the JD interview, his hope for Josh was to be a productive player and have a good spring.. Yes he is the frontrunner and no reason not to be but if we can not overuse him that would be wise

I agree. That's why I see them bringing on a Jeff Baker type guy to give him some time off his feet.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully if we were to sign a pitcher for that amount we would be smart enough to sign a quality pitcher. i don't really have any one in mind just someone better than Martinez etc
You think that way because you refuse to think the situation through. That is why you can't name anyone. You are arguing against something without an alternatives. In other words you have no argument. You just think the grass has to be greener on the other side.

You make statements about those two young guys that simply aren't true and provide zero alternatives.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that way because you refuse to think the situation through. That is why you can't name anyone. You are arguing against something without an alternatives. In other words you have no argument. You just think the grass has to be greener on the other side.

You make statements about those two young guys that simply aren't true and provide zero alternatives.

and you argue to do things that you have no basis to do them. trade Fielder but you have no plan for what to after doing it. trade Choo but again no plan. i think they should make every effort to re-sign Gallardo and Lewis because i don't think Darvish will be ready and i don't think we should rush him back. 14-16 months is the normal recovery time for TJ surgery and i think it would be better for the team and for Yu if we don't rush him in this.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you argue to do things that you have no basis to do them. trade Fielder but you have no plan for what to after doing it. trade Choo but again no plan. i think they should make every effort to re-sign Gallardo and Lewis because i don't think Darvish will be ready and i don't think we should rush him back. 14-16 months is the normal recovery time for TJ surgery and i think it would be better for the team and for Yu if we don't rush him in this.

Problem is, re-signing Gallardo means bringing him back for several years at a competitive salary. And I don't think that fits the Rangers plans - nor should it.

(assuming that YoGa doesn't became the first player ever to accept a QO)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated my plans for each of those scenarios. You not remembering them or choosing to ignore them does not mean they don't exist. lol

JD doesn't agree with you regarding recovery times. He said they have built in extra time for his recovery and he still looks for him to be back in early to mid May.

So are you going to keep Yu on the DL all season while lesser pitchers take his place in the rotation to make sure he is fully recovered? That is just silly. An 80% Yu is better than either of those pitchers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too but remember he can't give you any more innings than Martinez and Chi Chi who you were critical for the same reason. Besides those two will be cheaper and have more experience now. Maybe you should re-think this a little.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in the SP market regardless. We need depth at MLB and AAA level. There will IMO movement in the roster

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in the SP market regardless. We need depth at MLB and AAA level. There will IMO movement in the roster

JD has flat out said as much.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most lasting memory of Brocail is his part in that meltdown game in Oakland when Frankie threw the chair into the stands.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Articles seem to be focusing on Brocail's hothead nature.

Well sometimes squeezing the shoulder is not enough. Being straight up is not always a bad thing

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sometimes squeezing the shoulder is not enough. Being straight up is not always a bad thing

True. I also keep reading about how Brocail is a "big" personality and is versed in analytics - both are things BannyRooster is keen on. And this is his show, so more power to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.