• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th_l_461de8fbc5b2300d152a560b78326f33.gif

lol

one of my favs

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason Crystal Ball: Look for the Steelers to part ways with a lot of familiar faces, as Pittsburgh is projected to be about $20 million over the $125 million salary cap. Smith, Hines Ward, James Farrior, Jonathan Scott, Chris Hoke, and Casey Hampton could all be gone.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Harrison, who is due over $5 million. The former NFL Defensive Player of the Year turns 34 in May. He's been heavily penalized, fined and suspended, and might not have that many good years left. That said, if the Steelers can get rid of other albatross contracts, they'll hold on to Harrison for another year before turning to Jason Worilds or someone else. Worilds' midseason thigh injury didn't give the club a long enough look to be fully comfortable letting go of Harrison.

Offensively, the biggest offseason question mark lies in the backfield. Mendenhall will not be ready for opening day. Isaac Redman was good in spots, but is he the guy? Probably not. We may be looking at a running back-by-committee situation. One dark-horse candidate: Baron Batch, who looked promising last summer before suffering a bad knee injury and missing his entire rookie season.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Needs and Draft: Depending on who gets cut, depth at defensive line is very important. Nose tackle is a huge issue, given Hampton's knee injury. Getting a running back in the early rounds would not be the worst thing in the world, judging by the lack of confidence the club has in Mendenhall. Safety is an area of concern, given the age of starters Ryan Clark (32) and Troy Polamalu (31 in April).

Yet, if I'm working in Pittsburgh's front office, I'm staring at offensive guard all day long. Chris Kemoeatu isn't exactly the second coming of Larry Allen (and actually could be released). Doug Legursky is not the answer.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'd probably have to restructure my contract," Ward said of the pay cut. "That's fine with me. I recognize that. I'm telling you I want to be here, I'm telling you I'm willing to do that. And I understand the ramifications -- we have the cap number and stuff, but I want to be here. I mean, if they decide they don't want me here, it's not my choice. I wouldn't see why Steelers fans would be angry at me, if I still think I can play. I want to play here. I don't want to put on another uniform, but, at the end of the day, it's not my choice. There's nothing I can do about it."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12011/1202701-66.stm

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team will be a different team next season,I just hope we can still compete like in the past

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woo hoo,,this is great

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, everyone.

Damn, I hate it when the off-season comes so early. Don't have much interest in watching the rest of the playoffs.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you pluged a key board into the note pad ghost

it'sblue tooth no plugin all wirelless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can do things now that I could not do before

Status
Not open for further replies.