• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 15

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep its going to be another roller coaster given Bell's track record of selfishness. Neither side will budge.

Non-exclusive tag will mean an end to Bell in Pitt. There are too many suitors with the cash out there that are desperate enough for a player that can change the entire image of their offense.

Caveat...I think the suitor would have to fork over two 1st round draft picks...right?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to use the 5-year mark as a statement of fact. I'm not sure how long it extends. Could be indefinite, but my thinking was if the player holds out longer than 5 years then there's absolutely 0% chance they ever make it back. Bell is 25, 26 years old? What are the chances a 30+ year old RB could come back after 5 years off? Why would he want to at that point, nobody would pay much for him. Hell, even 3 years off would be tough.

Oh...I wasn't sure sure, but it does make sense...if the player never plays under the tag, how could it ever be removed?

2 yrs would doom most players.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caveat...I think the suitor would have to fork over two 1st round draft picks...right?
Yep. Which would be awesome. Hopefully that team was bottom 5 this year, and finishes bottom 5 next year! lol One can only hope!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Which would be awesome. Hopefully that team was bottom 5 this year, and finishes bottom 5 next year! lol One can only hope!

It would...but, before we get our hopes up.

Steelers, Le'Veon Bell Closer Than Last Year On Deal

Much like at the end of the SB loss to GB...the FO decided to try one more with that same cast and they got smoked out in DEN.

This is different because most of the cast is young, it's Ben that's now the old guy. If this is true, it has to be front end loaded, but it really seems like the FO is selling out to get that ring.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know the Steelers' tag acts like a placeholder on the player. Should he fail to sign the tag and holdout for 1-5 years, he will still have to go through the Steelers to get back into the NFL. So essentially the Steelers own the rights to him no matter what happens. Remember what happened to Carson Palmer in Cincy? Same issue.

I think this is correct...the tag goes with the year of service. If Bell sat out '18...the tag would still apply for the '19 season. Didn't realize it could extend for 5 yrs...yikes!

Once again, thank you gentleman.
And after getting a chance to do a bit of digging myself, @FaCe-LeE-uS is correct in the fact that if he is out 5 years, the Steelers have exclusive rights to him.

But who knows, this kids stupidity seems to have no limits, time will tell what kind of bullshit his pot pals talk him into.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would...but, before we get our hopes up.

Steelers, Le'Veon Bell Closer Than Last Year On Deal

Much like at the end of the SB loss to GB...the FO decided to try one more with that same cast and they got smoked out in DEN.

This is different because most of the cast is young, it's Ben that's now the old guy. If this is true, it has to be front end loaded, but it really seems like the FO is selling out to get that ring.

Maybe the front office is remembering the 80's and the 90's.......
Ben retires and its back to struggling until a competent qb is put under center. I don't care how many all pros are on the field, shitty quarterback, shitty results!!!!!

Like Pittsburgh Dad says, run down to the corner store and see what Tommy Maddox is doing!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the front office is remembering the 80's and the 90's.......
Ben retires and its back to struggling until a competent qb is put under center. I don't care how many all pros are on the field, shitty quarterback, shitty results!!!!!

Like Pittsburgh Dad says, run down to the corner store and see what Tommy Maddox is doing!!!!

Bell...Probably the same damn contract twisted around a little.

This post Ben era will be interesting...if the DEF ever get their shit together I see them being a 7-9 to 9-7 type team...kinda no mans land for landing a top 10 draft pick.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Berry resigned through the 2018 season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of the Super Bowl
Part of me was so happy he didn't get another ring. He sold his soul to the devil and betrayed his legacy. But the other part of me knows he made a business decision and years from now his legacy here will be intact & untarnished. Right or wrong, the way he left sure left a sour taste in my mouth. Mainly because it was for signing with NE. If he had been playing for the Eagles we all would have been cheering him on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me was so happy he didn't get another ring. He sold his soul to the devil and betrayed his legacy. But the other part of me knows he made a business decision and years from now his legacy here will be intact & untarnished. Right or wrong, the way he left sure left a sour taste in my mouth. Mainly because it was for signing with NE. If he had been playing for the Eagles we all would have been cheering him on.

I feel the same way to be honest...it was anybody but NE for me in the SB so the team he went to made it worse. I think there was some blame all around. Deebo didn't come back for money we know, so I believe him about being told he had a role.

On the flip, I can't totally blame Tomlin/Butler either. TJ progressed much faster than expected, and quite frankly he was the better option...but why not some snaps on the left side?

In the end, forcing his way out left a bad taste with me as well because they were the team that picked him up twice when no one else wanted him. Now all of a sudden you're making it about you? At 40 y/o? C'mon Deebo!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Offseason Edition, Vol. 5

1. New season. New offensive coordinator. If healthy, do you think Antonio Brown goes over 2,000 yards receiving, being the first WR to do so in NFL history?

2. Look into your crystal ball and predict the starting Steelers depth chart for the linebackers next season. You can put (Draft Pick) for a player they will snag in the draft.

3. Of the following potential cap casualties, who stays, and why?

Darrius Heyward-Bey
William Gay
Coty Sensabaugh

4. If you are the GM, do you keep TE Vance McDonald, or let him walk?

5. If you could make a draft day trade, would you trade UP, or trade BACK to get more picks?

6. Is Valentine’s Day something to be celebrated, or a self-created Hallmark holiday?

1. No but he'll continue to lead the league. With Juju & Marty B figuring into the equation, and possibly Bell I just don't see how the offense can be 1-dimensional enough for 2k yards to happen. But he'll still be all-pro and all that.

2. ROLB - WATT/CHICKILLO
ILB - WILLIAMS/MATAKEVICH
ILB - DRAFT-PICK/FORT/GALLAMBOS
LOLB - DUPREE/ ADAMS

3. DHB is the only one of that group that I could possibly see coming back. The final-game injury to Rogers has opened the door for either him or a draft pick. Gay & Sensabaugh were already replaced by Hilton & Sutton. Gay is due $2.4mil, and Sens $1.6mil. That's too much invested into bench-warming backups when they have cap to clear to acquire the FA's they want. Cutting them gives them over $3mil in cap room. Every little bit counts when you have a blockbuster deal on the horizon.

4. Keep him. Cutting him or restructuring aren't really an option with the original contract guarantees ($9m). It would cost the Steelers too much to not bring him back

5. Barring a miracle, neither will happen. But if I had to choose I'd trade back to the top of the 2nd (back 4-8 spots) unless I had a shot at Evans, Smith or Edmunds. Trading up would require too much and I would only trade up for the names I mentioned. But again, that would likely require trading up into the top 15. And that would require an arm, both legs, and probably the torso. No thanks.

6. For relationships... If your relationship is in the early stages then yes. If you've been dating and/or married for 5+ years then no. But I'm finding that I want to celebrate everything now that I have a child.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Offseason Edition, Vol. 6

1. Rumors have swirled about Martavis Bryant being on the trade block. If you are the GM, do you trade or keep him? And if you trade him, what do you think is quality compensation?

2. Look into your crystal ball and predict the starting Steelers depth chart for the running backs next season. You can put (Draft Pick) for a player they will snag in the draft.

3. If the Steelers bring back Lawrence Timmons, how much would you pay him for a simple 2-year deal?

4. We had a great article this week about how the Steelers should value Joe Haden, from a financial standpoint. How much would you be willing to pay Haden this season?

5. The NFL Scouting Combine is coming...do you enjoy the underwear olympics, or just check out the results?

6. Speaking of Olympics, did you take in much of the Winter Games? Personally, I didn’t see much, but every time I turned on the TV it seemed figure skating was on. Very frustrating.

1. I'd set the pricetag as a 2nd Rd pick. I know that's ridiculously high, but it takes the debate out of the equation like a 3rd Rd pick would present. Marty B is still on a rookie contract meaning he's going to be dirt cheap to keep. No reason to let him walk via trade unless the value is absurdly high.

2. Bell, Conner, Draft Pick ... Might be worthwhile to give Ridley an offseason to prove himself. Why not?

3. No more than a 2-yr $3mil deal. Essentially the vet minimum with bonuses based on snap count.

4. Ideally we would extend him to lower his big cap hit. Restructuring would be suicide. Whatever the case, cutting him is not a viable option in my book. They'd give up too much IMO. Sure the $8mil in cap space would be nice, but you're creating a lot of doubt in an already shaky secondary. Drafting a replacement is purely a gamble. How many 1st or 2nd Rd busts have come out of the NFL draft at the CB position? The odds are definitely against you in that situation.

5. I'll mainly just check the results and watch the occasional highlight reel if a player interests me. Last year I was watching Jarrad Davis like a hawk. I knew he'd test off the charts, and sure enough he did. I could care less about watching the 40-times like everyone & their dog has glorified. Rondel Menendez, John Ross, Jerome Mathis, Dri Archer... Only guys that ever did anything in this league were Chris Johnson & Champ Bailey. Speed shouldn't be as highly regarded as it is.

6. Didn't find the time to watch but did catch a few highlights on yout ube. Shaun White is unreal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could use some work on that follow-through but he at least hits it somewhat straight! @ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could use some work on that follow-through but he at least hits it somewhat straight! @ATL96Steeler

Could use a little better leg action, but better than a lot I've seen from these NFLers...lol...I'm a natural lefty too, but can't swing that great from the left side....imagine a 6'3" left-handed switch hitting 1st baseman that couldn't hit from the left side.