• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE Official MBBRL 2016 Dynasty Fantasy Draft thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick. .wasn't on my radar whatsoever, awesome for me, one more pick gone, every option I pictured coming in is still open to me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked metrics on Langford, he was near the bottom of the best in most categories
He might be the fastest RB there is though. Chicago sucked last year, I wouldn't close the book on him.

But I really like your pick.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt it........
Love all the analytics and such, but I've always trusted my own eye test, it rarely fails me (except for Montee Ball)..but anyways. ..Langford didn't pass that either. .but in the interestof full disclosure, neither does Howard. :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love all the analytics and such, but I've always trusted my own eye test, it rarely fails me (except for Montee Ball)..but anyways. ..Langford didn't pass that either. .but in the interestof full disclosure, neither does Howard. :suds:
ahh see i love howard, much more than the hyped coleman last year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please expand on your Howard eye test. For me it's his speed, he gets run down. However he does remind me of Lynch ( lite) as he does fight for every yard. Guys like Lynch a AP never just go down, they fight for every inch, so I kind of look for that attribute in RBs, Jordan does have that.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what was going on with this draft. I kept looking at the wrong thread:L

I see I missed Foot trying to decide if he was a Left Foot or a Right Foot.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

goallightapp2.jpg

Wrong thread but it is playoff hockey

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what was going on with this draft. I kept looking at the wrong thread:L

I see I missed Foot trying to decide if he was a Left Foot or a Right Foot.
Holy cow, you don't read every thread In this forum? :scratch:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow, you don't read every thread In this forum? :scratch:

Baseball is and will always be my first love, so I spend more time in the baseball forums.

Hockey was the sport I was good at, and since my team is still alive in the playoffs and just made it 2-0 on them damn Caps, I have been spending a fair amount of time in the hockey forums.

Football is football. I watched less than ten NFL games between 97 and 07, from start to finish. With no local teams the NCAA was watched alot more in my household.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please expand on your Howard eye test. For me it's his speed, he gets run down. However he does remind me of Lynch ( lite) as he does fight for every yard. Guys like Lynch a AP never just go down, they fight for every inch, so I kind of look for that attribute in RBs, Jordan does have that.

Well granted, all I've honestly seen of the guy is his "highlight reel". But honestly, if the highlight reel isn't overly impressive, that's awfully telling to me. It says even the highlights aren't all that great
Straight line Speed is lacking for sure..change of direction speed/acceleration out of cuts is lacking. Doesn't seem to me that he's got the greatest hips or feet. He can't step and cut and go, he has to either stutter step, or take a windy/curving route to his cut. .both will lead to being stuffed in the hole against most all NFL D's. His biggest attribute that I can see, is running over defensive backs foolish enough to hit him high. Hell, one of his Indiana University produced "highlights" was him get blown up in pass pro. Sure the QB squeaked away, but Howard got shot 8 yards backwards. .and that was a highlight! And there were no highlights against Ohio State, that's probably saying something as well.

But, he does fight for every inch, doesn't go down at first contact, I could see him being a great short yardage hammer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well granted, all I've honestly seen of the guy is his "highlight reel". But honestly, if the highlight reel isn't overly impressive, that's awfully telling to me. It says even the highlights aren't all that great
Straight line Speed is lacking for sure..change of direction speed/acceleration out of cuts is lacking. Doesn't seem to me that he's got the greatest hips or feet. He can't step and cut and go, he has to either stutter step, or take a windy/curving route to his cut. .both will lead to being stuffed in the hole against most all NFL D's. His biggest attribute that I can see, is running over defensive backs foolish enough to hit him high. Hell, one of his Indiana University produced "highlights" was him get blown up in pass pro. Sure the QB squeaked away, but Howard got shot 8 yards backwards. .and that was a highlight! And there were no highlights against Ohio State, that's probably saying something as well.
Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He has marginal speed for the NFL, but love his get every inch attitude.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He has marginal speed for the NFL, but love his get every inch attitude.
Yea, you quoted me while I was editing that part in at the end. .I do see that much in him, which is saying something. There's better RB's out there that you can't say that about

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you quoted me while I was editing that part in at the end. .I do see that much in him, which is saying something. There's better RB's out there that you can't say that about
Heck every RB from EE down has some big flaws. Derrick Henry isn't worth spit until he gets to the second level, where his athlete abilities give him a edge. Going to need a great OL to make him a star.:2cents:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Henry is gonna have a hard time. .I see Andre Williams all over him. Lots to love, but not a compete enough package for it to work

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, he does fight for every inch, doesn't go down at first contact, I could see him being a great short yardage hammer

Of all the three draft picks we have had so far, Howard has the easiest road to starting IMO. Elliott has a full backfield in Dallas to compete with, even though he should be the best of the bunch. Henry is going to a team that just traded why too much for a RB. Chicago just sent their main RB packing in Forte, yes they have Langford, but I see it as a competition that should last into the season as to which is starting.