• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Gonzalez was due for this outing. He had been so good.

Really getting hit hard today. Even on a lot of his outs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avi leaves with back spasms.

In goes Jacob May, and immediately down on strikes.

This kid is so bad, that you really shouldn't even make fun of him.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May sent down to minors. Thank you

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't complain about splitting in KC, but it does feel like our momentum is slowing quite a bit.

Holland continues to be great. What a pleasant surprise he's been.

At Baltimore could be a spot where we fall off, but if we can manage 2 of 3 with Gonzalez and Q winning. We're in solid shape going into a home-stand with MIN and SD.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now that we're one of the worst teams in baseball, as we expected.

When does Moncada and company come up? I know there's issues with future arbitration from the month of service he got last year in Boston. Which sucks... He'd easily be our starting 2B right now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now that we're one of the worst teams in baseball, as we expected.

When does Moncada and company come up? I know there's issues with future arbitration from the month of service he got last year in Boston. Which sucks... He'd easily be our starting 2B right now.

i'm fine with him staying down. no pressure, working on all the things he needs to work on, especially his fielding. sox don't need him on the ML roster. frankly i'm liking sanchez at second base.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine with him staying down. no pressure, working on all the things he needs to work on, especially his fielding. sox don't need him on the ML roster. frankly i'm liking sanchez at second base.

Yeah, Sanchez has been a very pleasant surprise.

I honestly think if we had Rodon/Shields healthy, and didn't have to throw Covey and Pelfery twice every five days. We'd be above .500 right now. However, it's rather irrelevant. This team is going nowhere, and that's fine.

My only concern is that if Frazier keeps being useless, we're not going to get anything for him at the deadline.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Sanchez has been a very pleasant surprise.

I honestly think if we had Rodon/Shields healthy, and didn't have to throw Covey and Pelfery twice every five days. We'd be above .500 right now. However, it's rather irrelevant. This team is going nowhere, and that's fine.

My only concern is that if Frazier keeps being useless, we're not going to get anything for him at the deadline.

i never wanted frazier in the first place and his ineptness at the plate does not surprise me. he will not bring anything in trade and eventually he'll just have to be let go ... like so many other crap acquisitions the sox have made. he should never have been signed and then certainly should never have been re-signed.

i still have huge reservations about the team even tho certain aspects look promising. when all is said and done this is still the same ownership and the same vp who have both torn this franchise to shreds.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even despite the control issues, Danish looks like a Cy Young candidate compared to Covey. Thank god we don't have to see him again... Never want to see a guy get injured, but god almighty.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're playing good ball right now. Quite a few guys emerging in this lineup. We're going to probably lose to Sale tomorrow, but hey... we're swinging it pretty good.

To quote my favorite baseball movie (Major League); "Ya know what? These guys ain't so f**kin bad."

When Shields and Rodon comeback... this actually seems like it will be a halfway formidable ball club. Maybe we can keep things interesting, with nobody in the division really seeming like they want to pull away. We're winning right now, despite throwing guys out of our bullpen and career minor leaguers.

I'm sure now that I say this... we'll drop 9 out of 10. But whatever... we're already exceeding my expectations.

Two things are consistently discouraging to me. Todd Frazier sucks, and we're not going to get anything for him. Tim Anderson still has a HORRIFIC approach at the plate. It's infuriating sometimes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mind losing to sale. i DO mind that quintana has lost it!

I don't get it.

Outside of Covey, he has the worst ERA out of anyone who has started for us this season. Horrible timing for him to go in the tank. Pretty sure we could have gotten a good-sized haul for him over the off-season. We need him to have some good outings if he's still going to have good value at the deadline.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say trade avi while the trading is good!
Frazier needs to start swinging. Q had a good game this week. Lets hope they heat up some to increase their value.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier needs to start swinging. Q had a good game this week. Lets hope they heat up some to increase their value.

Frazier is suddenly on fire, and has numbers quite worthy of a trade. Average has gone from .179 to .222 in a week and he's hit a few homers. Thank god...

Currently sitting at 10 HR's 31 RBI's .222 and a .329 OBP. Just shy of the pace for 30 HR's.

I've heard the Red Sox brought up as a contender in need of an answer at third base. Frazier could fit right in. Not sure what's left in their farm system though...

So much for Derrek Holland netting us a prospect or two... yuck

And Q may have screwed us... 2-8 with a 5.30 is not what contenders are looking for, and certainly not paying what they would have for him over the off-season.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say trade avi while the trading is good!

Eh... he just turned 26 today, still pretty young. I'd like to see us hang on to him. Abreu is the one I'd like to see dealt.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games in a row for Davidson. Kid can hit the ball a ton...just needs to hit at a higher average.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games in a row for Davidson. Kid can hit the ball a ton...just needs to hit at a higher average.

Honestly, his average is fine for a guy who is pacing to hit 30+ HR's (.260). It's his K-rate that needs to come down. It's through the roof. He also rarely walks. His K/BB ratio is 6-to-1. That's horrendous... lol

A guy like Davidson is going to have the bat run into the ball enough to have weeks like this... but then he's also going to have weeks where he goes hitless for 4 straight days, and K's 7 times in 16 AB's. I believe he did that at the end of May.

He needs to show some consistency with his approach, before I buy into him as a real part of this team's future plans.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god... Matt Davidson is unconscious right now