• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2015 Recruiting Thread....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More smoke, UT commits tweeting that this class will go down in history......that they will make a 30 for 30 on this class.

The players are awfully confident that we are going to land all the 5 star players. NSD can't get here fast enough

whitesoxsweep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More smoke, UT commits tweeting that this class will go down in history......that they will make a 30 for 30 on this class.

The players are awfully confident that we are going to land all the 5 star players. NSD can't get here fast enough

Which commits are posting these tweets? Only commits I see dropping hints are Malik and Lampkin. Nothing that extreme though.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Helfrich visiting John Houston and Iman Marshall today and tomorrow

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaVon Hamilton just announced he is a Buckeye. That is #25 for this '15 class.:yahoo:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which commits are posting these tweets? Only commits I see dropping hints are Malik and Lampkin. Nothing that extreme though.

probably the early recruit who's done the most recruiting for Texas over the past year:

@charles_94

at least, off top of my head, is the correct address

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These youts and their social media...back in my day we went snipe hunting and cow tipping. I still haven't bagged a snipe and I've gone three times!
:suds:

yes, I'm ashamed to say, I was the centerpiece for a snipe when I was about 11-12. Youth group at a church camp on Lake Travis.

I was trying so hard to catch one of those suckers- then was the last person to walk into the rec hall building, where everyone was waiting for me. :L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably the early recruit who's done the most recruiting for Texas over the past year:

@charles_94

at least, off top of my head, is the correct address

Several of the 2016 recruits as well, one of which is Kyler Murray's cousin......right now they're all talking up this Texas class. Nothing is certain until those LOIs come in but right now I'm supremely confident.

Considering this is Charlie's first real class, and that the team went 6-7 last year, and we're looking at possibly the second rated recruiting class in the nation, with mostly guys that weren't even considering Texas until a few weeks ago?

This just verifies to me Charlie was the right man for the job. He just needs the time to coach these kids to their full potential.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero 5 star recruits are playing in this years Super Bowl. Zero. Sherman was a 6th round draft pick. I don't hold much stock in recruiting.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero 5 star recruits are playing in this years Super Bowl. Zero. Sherman was a 6th round draft pick. I don't hold much stock in recruiting.

You might wanna look into that deeper than "no 5 stars in the super bowl".

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of the 2016 recruits as well, one of which is Kyler Murray's cousin......right now they're all talking up this Texas class. Nothing is certain until those LOIs come in but right now I'm supremely confident.

Considering this is Charlie's first real class, and that the team went 6-7 last year, and we're looking at possibly the second rated recruiting class in the nation, with mostly guys that weren't even considering Texas until a few weeks ago?

This just verifies to me Charlie was the right man for the job. He just needs the time to coach these kids to their full potential.

That's the same message on both sides. No one really knows but these kids and it's causing a bunch of grown ass men become stalkers. The sips are talking up this recruiting class as the biggest win over A&M in over a decade, where it is really par for the coarse for them. So we had a couple of good classes since Sumlin took over. Last year was the first time we broke the top ten in a long time. UT lost and hired a coach during that time also. So this "rivalry" is finally getting a chance to spread its wings on the recruiting trail since we can't do it on the field.

I think we get a couple and y'all get a couple. I'm not reading so much into the media hype right now. being how the media reporting from both sides is so biased and spin too much hearsay and disinformation toward their own camp, and I believe they are doing that to help sway the undecided in their direction. These kids probably know already which is why the ones in question are being so tight lipped about it. They are waiting for their time in the spotlight on NSD.

Here is my prediction for the big ones that has everyone all wound up:
A&M - Murray, Bussey, Martin
UT - Mack, Locksley, Boyd, Hill
UCLA - Soso
Ol Miss - Lodge

And it's a really good possibility that Murray pulls a Kohl Stewart and signs a LOI to A&M and then bolts for the MLB Draft

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same message on both sides. No one really knows but these kids and it's causing a bunch of grown ass men become stalkers. The sips are talking up this recruiting class as the biggest win over A&M in over a decade, where it is really par for the coarse for them. So we had a couple of good classes since Sumlin took over. Last year was the first time we broke the top ten in a long time. UT lost and hired a coach during that time also. So this "rivalry" is finally getting a chance to spread its wings on the recruiting trail since we can't do it on the field.

I think we get a couple and y'all get a couple. I'm not reading so much into the media hype right now. being how the media reporting from both sides is so biased and spin too much hearsay and disinformation toward their own camp, and I believe they are doing that to help sway the undecided in their direction. These kids probably know already which is why the ones in question are being so tight lipped about it. They are waiting for their time in the spotlight on NSD.

UCLA - Soso
Ol Miss - Lodge

And it's a really good possibility that Murray pulls a Kohl Stewart and signs a LOI to A&M and then bolts for the MLB Draft

100% agree

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree

Can't say I agree. I think we take Murray and Soso as well. I think we end up with:

Murray
Mack
Lodge
Soso
Boyd
Hill
Warren
Davis

None of the other guys really matter for Texas, and theres a very good chance we land them all. I don't think they'll be any split.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Murray flipping this late, he's got too much of a relationship with the ags. Lodge ends up at ole miss, and Davis at Auburn. I do think soso, mack, boyd and hill are horns.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCLA - Soso
Ol Miss - Lodge

The reason I don't think you have anything to be confident about.......is because Murray and Mack, others ARE NOT RECRUITING talent to go with them to A&M. Right now all these guys are recruiting each other to go to Texas.

So unless you think 8 top rated players all came together on a plan to troll Texas, I think you're ignoring the writing on the wall.

Supposedly Murray and Lodge are taking an OV to Texas this weekend. I think Texas lands ALL EIGHT players......I think it's a clean sweep.