• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2015 Recruiting Thread....

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler seems like a Rhett Bomar to me.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always looks like that.

8875905.jpeg

Hell of a coach and recruiter though.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From goodbullhunting
Funny stuff
GfCmJQK.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack didn't get much attention during his TCU visit the other day...the dude is just rustling jimmies. Strong pretty much told Kyler that he would start now they have to talk Swoops off a ledge and keep him from transferring.

Now if Kyler goes to the sips it might well cause an Aggie meltdown and we will have to endure the orange slings and arrows of "Poor Aggie sucks so bad that their greatest QB's son won't go there."

We got some good JC guys coming in and snagged some really good coaches. If we lose some of these "big names" we'll be just fine. The defense will be a hundred times better regardless. I'll take 3rd and Chavis over 1st and Snyder any day.

I'd be surprised if KM doesn't come play with the good guys but you never know.

LOL. This is the biggest line of BS here.

NO, Kyler was not promised a starting job. If you're DUMB ENOUGH to think Charlie Strong is going to promise ANY recruit a position without seeing them on the field, in an offense they've never run, then I have some beachfront property to sell you in Idaho.

As far as Swoopes goes, he was going to be a tight end before the Ash injury......nobody is worried about whether he transfers.......where is he going to go??? Who would want him? And why do you think him leaving is going to hurt the program?

If Kyler comes to Texas, it's because he believes more in Watson than Spavital - no more, no less. You aggys ALWAYS have some conspiracy theory when players don't choose you......despite the fact there are very FEW reasons to choose A&M over UT in a general sense. Texas, with proper coaching, is always going to be a destination school for 90% of the kids in state. That's just the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy Texas' current QB commitment is swinging towards landing at Michigan.

yes, would hate to lose him. Think he has real upside in 2 or so years. And I think they'll do everything they can to keep him, but Harbaugh is the perfect coach for his style of play.

As for Texas, are moving to a more dynamic offensive style, to match the talents of someone like Jerrod Heard and the type of talent the state of Texas produces: dynamic QB's and WR's, plus excellent backs.

Lase year, lost the starting QB and best OL players, and just had to get through the season. He knows he has to act NOW.

But Gentry will be a good one in a couple of years, really like him.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh is trying to convince other QB's left and right to come to Michigan? Must make his current QB commit thrilled.

I don't think Alex Malzone is concerned at all about the possibility of potential Longhorn flip Zach Gentry coming to Ann Arbor. Malzone is an early enrollee, and is already in Ann Arbor, so he will be able to get a leg up on Gentry by being able to participate in 2015 Spring football. I believe Malzone will have a legitimate shot to play in 2015 as a true Freshman, whereas I see a good probability of Zach Gentry being redshirted in 2015 if he flips from Texas to Michigan.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We BSU guys read this thread, but seldom post. It's kinda like asking someone to pass the gravy from the adu!ts table all the way to the kids table. But for BSU standards we are putting together a helluva class.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Gentry and Reuben Jones to Michigan. Harbaugh'd.

More to follow...and maybe topped off with Chris Clark and Iman Marshall?

:suds:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to wager, I'd say its a pipe dream. Its realistically down to Texas and A&M.

He might just say F Both of y'all and go to MLB Draft

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might just say F Both of y'all and go to MLB Draft

I'd agree with you, this is more likely than Oregon. Honestly I think he's better off in baseball, his size is going to be a problem outside of college. His best career options will be in baseball

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with you, this is more likely than Oregon. Honestly I think he's better off in baseball, his size is going to be a problem outside of college. His best career options will be in baseball

Even his dad said that he could use a red shirt year in the weight room and time on the practice field. He won't be ready to take the starting job away from KA this year or maybe next. His trip to Austin last week has everyone wound up but this kid, like most of the youts, is very media savy and use it to keep everyone talking about them. I would be really concerned if his visit to Austin was an "official" visit. Texas loosing Gentry doesn't mean anything and probably has more to do with wanting to play for Harbaugh than it does competing with Murray for the starting job. When asked about it the other night at that sports banquet he he said he is still committed to A&M and he doesn't strike me as the "pull a hat out" in front of the news cameras on National Signing Day type....Mack, on the other hand, is that type and will probably go where ever the crowd goes. I'm was expecting him to go to UT to play with Jefferson.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Aggies forget that Texas is THE DESTINATION for recruits. Always has been. Texas has always had first pick of the litter and left the rest of us fighting over the scraps. Occasionally, A&M could put together a good class and had a pretty good run during the McWilliams and Macovic era but Brown was killing it during his tenure and Fran and Sherm rarely put good classes together. They would occasionally snag a 5* but for the most part we stood in our Big Brother's Shadow. Hence the SEC move, New Facilities, New Stadium anything that will give us an edge over TU. This is bigger than the Jumbotron war of the 2000's and since we no longer play on the field this is the only competition that we have left. No wonder everyone is stalking a bunch of 17 year olds...Meanwhile, TCU and Baylol are doing much more with less. Texas won't be down for long and I can expect the recruiting wars to pick up steam from here on out.

The Kyler Murray to Texas thing is more of a thorn in our pride than an actual win. For one, he is the son of an A&M legend, and in my personal opinion, the best QB in A&M History. Sumlin doesn't have any problem pulling good QB recruits and KM is a better fit with Sumlin's offensive scheme than Strong's. Kyle Allen was a pretty good QB for a true fish and will continue to get better so the only thing we lose if KM goes to the sips is pride plus the potential that a handful of other recruits in critical positions that we need will follow him to the dark side. That is what all the SportsHoopla is about.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually KM is huge for both programs. I think A&M is down to 1 or 2 scholarship QBs, Texas is in the same boat. Both could use 2 QBs in this class, but 1 is the bare minimum. 0 is just ugly roster management

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Aggies forget that Texas is THE DESTINATION for recruits. Always has been. Texas has always had first pick of the litter and left the rest of us fighting over the scraps. Occasionally, A&M could put together a good class and had a pretty good run during the McWilliams and Macovic era but Brown was killing it during his tenure and Fran and Sherm rarely put good classes together. They would occasionally snag a 5* but for the most part we stood in our Big Brother's Shadow. Hence the SEC move, New Facilities, New Stadium anything that will give us an edge over TU. This is bigger than the Jumbotron war of the 2000's and since we no longer play on the field this is the only competition that we have left. No wonder everyone is stalking a bunch of 17 year olds...Meanwhile, TCU and Baylol are doing much more with less. Texas won't be down for long and I can expect the recruiting wars to pick up steam from here on out.

The Kyler Murray to Texas thing is more of a thorn in our pride than an actual win. For one, he is the son of an A&M legend, and in my personal opinion, the best QB in A&M History. Sumlin doesn't have any problem pulling good QB recruits and KM is a better fit with Sumlin's offensive scheme than Strong's. Kyle Allen was a pretty good QB for a true fish and will continue to get better so the only thing we lose if KM goes to the sips is pride plus the potential that a handful of other recruits in critical positions that we need will follow him to the dark side. That is what all the SportsHoopla is about.

Well, Kevin Murray was a beast.......but the fedex scandal was pretty much blamed on him. I'm SURE he still feels some kind of way about that.

I don't think he likes the A&M scheme either because it doesn't develop QBs in preparation for the NFL.

What many forget is that Kevin Murray has known Charlie Strong for well over 30 years, and he's worked with Watson in developing Merrick, another UT QB recruit. He sees the Texas coaching staff and thinks Teddy Bridgewater is better developed than Johnny Football.

I think those are the reasons they're considering Texas. If baseball factors in at any level, Texas has that on lock.

I think there's a very good chance he jumps ship to Austin. I think we'll all know this week if any of the other 5 stars commit.......I think it will start a cascade effect and all of them end up at the same school.