• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2015 Recruiting Thread....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah wonder if it is cause of Muschamp or they have something they're pulling out of their bag of tricks

You didn't see the pics from Tim Irvin flashing all the money after he flipped from Texas?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah wonder if it is cause of Muschamp or they have something they're pulling out of their bag of tricks

does it have to be be one or the other? Why not both?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for several schools today: Stanford, West Virginia and the 5 others with big recruiting wins Wednesday - SBNation.com

My fave? Excerpt:

"Any time a non-power conference school can steal a prospect away from power conference school suitors, it's a significant win. New Houston head coach Tom Herman accomplished just that Wednesday, snagging a commitment from three-star Louisiana offensive guard Kameron Eloph. The 6'3, 277 pound Parkway High prospect chose the Cougars over offers from Georgia Tech, Louisville and Wake Forest, among others, and was previously committed to Louisiana Tech. He's rated as the second-best player in Houston's recruiting class, behind three-star running back Tyreik Gray (offers from Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma and Baylor, among many others)."

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DB coach travaris Robinson is from Miami. That's where they're all coming from.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is an Ag! Cancels Strong visit. Domino #1...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is an Ag! Cancels Strong visit. Domino #1...

He was never NOT an aggy.....but I think you guys should be concerned that Strong got in the head of a 7 month committed legacy recruit in one month. That's telling.....you no longer have an advantage in this state, every player is going to be a battle.

And what's the other domino? I think this gives you guys positive momentum, but I like our chances to land everyone else.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm LOLing more that we stole their QB now.

Texas finally decided to run a spread, like every good QB in Texas HS runs. Gentry is more the old style QB, didn't fit with our new system. Either way we were losing him, glad he's still going to a P5 school.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm LOLing more that we stole their QB now.

I think Gentry is a talent, but he's most DEFINITELY going to be a redshirt developmental player. I think you guys got a good QB - but he in no way would have affected the Texas depth chart this upcoming season. He was never going to see the field for at least 2 years in Austin.

Good signing for Michigan......but Texas needs a guy thats going to compete for the starting job right now.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KYLER MURRAY is an Aggie legacy. His dad is an alltime Aggie.
He has been 100% an Aggie since the day he was born in Aggie pajamas and diapers.

A&M has recruited him for 18 years....Texas recruited him for about 8 days.
It was a testament to the Horns momentum that they got a surprise visit and some late interest at all. It honestly came out of the clear blue sky and Texas followed through with it no matter how unlikely.

Oregon was a player as well at the last minute as well.
I doubt Texas or UO gets him, but it was fun to see all the Aggies up on the cliff edge panicking.

Honestly, he probably ends up playing baseball no matter where he signs.
It will be tough to turn down a multi-million dollar signing bonus.

I am not sure he ever plays a single down of college football unless the minor leagues fail and he comes back as one of those 26 year old college QB types.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray?? Who the hell wants a 5'10" safety

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sips are funny.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sips are funny.

Honestly I wanted him more for the fact aggys would be DEVASTATED if he signed with us.

I have serious doubts he ever plays a single down of college football ANYWHERE. He's a first round MLB projected pick.

I think he takes the money. Redshirt at A&M or 2+ million to play baseball now?

Also, as I've stated previously in THIS VERY THREAD - I don't think he has a future in football longterm. He's a better baseball prospect than football.

You can't say we haven't been consistent on any of the above, because its on this thread.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Google:

Dameyune Craig
Rodney Garner
Travaris Robinson
Lance Thompson
add in Will Mushchamp

Auburn has quietly put together a recruiting dream team and it is paying off big. Any of those guys could be the recruiting coordinator at any other program.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray would be dumb to play football, he's a 5'10 QB. He'd be a great college QB, but he's a 1st round baseball talent.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I was kind of going for that .

I was able read your sarcasm font...

No the big deal is not whether or not Murray would start for either school. He'll likely RS this year unless he out performs Allen before the season opener. I think you sips wanted him more for bragging rights plus the biggest reason to want his commitment is because of all the other recruits that were sitting on the fence waiting for him to decide. Boyd and Hill are going to make their announcement and I have a feeling that we might get one of them just because of KM's decision last night.

But, I give the young man credit. He opened the door to explore his options before signing day to ensure that he was making the best decision. I imagine that it was tough for him to do that considering who his dad is. I also don't doubt that Strong gave him a good sales pitch and almost landed him.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray was more important as a momentum choice.
You cannot downplay the significance in that regard whether he ever plays a single down.
Both schools expect him to maybe play baseball, but the momentum perception was more important than him ever playing.

A&M did not gain anything, but they avoided a potential crippling embarrassment.
Strong had already stole Jefferson and likely Mack as well. (who knows).

If Strong had somehow managed to do the impossible and pry away Murray that would have been a humiliating deathblow to all the positive aTm achieved in the last 3 seasons.

It came very close to happening....A&M can rest a little easier.

The remaining prospects will probably sprinkle to both schools.
Both schools end up with top 10 type classes.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able read your sarcasm font...

No the big deal is not whether or not Murray would start for either school. He'll likely RS this year unless he out performs Allen before the season opener. I think you sips wanted him more for bragging rights plus the biggest reason to want his commitment is because of all the other recruits that were sitting on the fence waiting for him to decide. Boyd and Hill are going to make their announcement and I have a feeling that we might get one of them just because of KM's decision last night.

But, I give the young man credit. He opened the door to explore his options before signing day to ensure that he was making the best decision. I imagine that it was tough for him to do that considering who his dad is. I also don't doubt that Strong gave him a good sales pitch and almost landed him.

Correct, now we're fighting for Lodge (ole miss), Jamabo(UT) and Mack (UT). Today's two CB's will be interesting, but I don't think either one cared either way about Kyler Murray.