• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB, Isom, looks to be an under the radar guy. Looks to have good arm strength, athleticism for someone his size, decision making, etc. He needs to work on his mechanics and not staring his receivers down.....but most need to work on those things coming from the high school level. Looks like the kid was on a bad team and in a season with oodles of uber talented prospects in the state of Louisiana this year....he probably just fell through the cracks.

I can't find much video on the Florida kid so I can't give much of an opinion on him.

Thanks man. I'll try and find some video I guess.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UCLA flips Zach Whitley, 4* LB, from Alabama commitment. He will enroll early.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA flips Zach Whitley, 4* LB, from Alabama commitment. He will enroll early.

Followed his best friend. He's going to be a very good LB. We still have Shaun Dion Hamilton and Christian Miller(hopefully he doesn't flip to UGA).

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Followed his best friend. He's going to be a very good LB. We still have Shaun Dion Hamilton and Christian Miller(hopefully he doesn't flip to UGA).

Never seen him play. Glad to hear your report. I'm sure his best friend coming had a lot to do with it. I just can't believe that happened even with that. 3 years ago a guy from Texas flipping from Alabama would have seemed impossible. UCLA has done a great job of evaluating and developing talent at the LB position so I'm sure that helped as well (not that Alabama hasn't).

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen him play. Glad to hear your report. I'm sure his best friend coming had a lot to do with it. I just can't believe that happened even with that. 3 years ago a guy from Texas flipping from Alabama would have seemed impossible. UCLA has done a great job of evaluating and developing talent at the LB position so I'm sure that helped as well (not that Alabama hasn't).

UCLA has looked real good lately, and seeing a guy like Anthony Barr getting ready to go in the first round of the NFL draft, lets him know that he can go there and get to the NFL but also compete for championships. Playing with his best friend is the icing.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
39pr.jpg

:nod:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State picked up the 20th and 21st commitments for its 2014 recruiting class yesterday afternoon when Cleveland Glenville High School teammates Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith said they would play for the Buckeyes.
Lattimore, a defensive back/wide receiver, is rated as the top prospect in Ohio and No. 56 nationally by Rivals.com. The website ranks Smith, a defensive back, as the 11th-best safety and 122nd-best player nationally.
Both players made the announcement during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, where they and seven other OSU recruits played. Neither commitment was a surprise — both had been considered strong possibilities for the Buckeyes for a while.
“Me and Marshon talked — that’s my guy,” Smith said. “We always had a dream of playing together. Better to do it at home than anywhere else.”
They are the second and third Tarblooders to commit to the Buckeyes for 2014, joining offensive lineman Marcelys Jones, who made his pledge in December 2012 to become the first recruit of the 2014 class. The three are the latest in the school’s pipeline to Ohio State under coach Ted Ginn Sr. Since 2002, when eventual Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith committed, at least one Glenville player has been in every Ohio State recruiting class.
Smith played most of his career in Lattimore’s shadow, but his strong performance late — particularly in Glenville's state championship game loss to Loveland — caused his stock to rise.

Ohio State football: Cleveland Glenville teammates commit | Buckeye Xtra Sports

Good the Bucks need help at DB.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natrell Curtis

6-2, 304 | 40: 5.69 | Class of 2014

Hometown:Phoenix, Ariz.
School:Mountain Pointe High School
Position:Offensive Guard

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon humphrey postpones decision date and visit to FSU. FSU visit moves from jan 17 to jan 31st. This is big cause instead of bama having last visit FSU does.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon humphrey postpones decision date and visit to FSU. FSU visit moves from jan 17 to jan 31st. This is big cause instead of bama having last visit FSU does.

He just did that because of a track meet.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan finally gets around to offering Minkah Fitzpatrick (2015) and the kid looks stoked. Reel him in now Peppers. :nod:

Minkah Fitzpatrick

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Zach Whitley is still struggling with his decision. He was supposed to enroll at UCLA this week, but it didn't happen. They expect him next week though.

He tweeted this...."This is so hard. People coming from different directions. All great schools. I just want to do what is best for me. Really wan tto say thanks to everyone recruiting me!"

We've still got a chance to bring him back in, still recruiting him hard to the last minute. Hopefully he'll change his mind, but I doubt it. Charlie Strong has probably started working on him hard since he was hired at Texas.