• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Was not a fan. He got himself in a lot of Twitter issues and nonsense when he committed to Texas. He is a guard all the way. Little too much primadonna for my liking at OL. I'll take that with WRs, DBs, and RBs. At OL give those country strong silent types. He'll need sometime to develop. He payed 0 competition, but he could develop into an excellent OG.

Ah ok, wasn't aware of that stuff. Just going of what our staff has said of him. The behavioral stuff can be fixed or he can be processed...lol.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Was not a fan. He got himself in a lot of Twitter issues and nonsense when he committed to Texas. He is a guard all the way. Little too much primadonna for my liking at OL. I'll take that with WRs, DBs, and RBs. At OL give those country strong silent types. He'll need sometime to develop. He payed 0 competition, but he could develop into an excellent OG.

He does seem to like the social media. He's been a regular on one of the main Ohio State boards for a little while now. I didn't realize it had become problematic. All I'd heard about him from his visits to OSU and camps, he was first class. I hope he doesn't become a problem. I know he grew up an OSU fan so hopefully that helps.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does seem to like the social media. He's been a regular on one of the main Ohio State boards for a little while now. I didn't realize it had become problematic. All I'd heard about him from his visits to OSU and camps, he was first class. I hope he doesn't become a problem. I know he grew up an OSU fan so hopefully that helps.

May have learned. One teams problem can end up being another's leader. Just unnecessary from a guard. They can be built. OT's are born.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have learned. One teams problem can end up being another's leader. Just unnecessary from a guard. They can be built. OT's are born.

What were the issues he was having?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State lands a huge commitment from 4* Texas OG Demetrius Knox. He also had offers from Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and many others.

Big get.....all positions of the oline are of need....Knox is a big talent here

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the issues he was having?
-
mostly just running his mouth. Being opinionated on twitter. Nothing particularly bad, but just drawing a lot of attention. Texas and he pretty much separated after he told the staff he was visiting his Dad in Ohio and then tweeted pictures of himself in the OSU locker room. He had Gresham with him and it was not well received, as you can imagine.I think Texas would have put up with it if he was a special kid. Great potential, but I do not get excited about OGs. I would rather the staff recruit 5 OTs. OTs that do not fulfill their potential can end up being Chance Womack. OGs that dont live up end up being a drain on the economy.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ya'll are still getting Damian Prince, that's another beast. Very good OL class for OSU this year.

Don't jinx that...

We're also a favorite for Chad Mavety and are pushing for Alex Bookser, though he may stay in Pittsburgh. I guess a couple of weeks ago Eluemunor had wanted to commit to OSU, but Mavety is higher on their board and they only wanted to take one JUCO OL. Hope the gamble pays off.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU picks up 2nd 4* recruit in 2 days for 2014 class. 4* ATH Malik Hooker picks Buckeyes over Michigan, Penn State, Arizona, Pitt and WVU. Sounds like he will be playing safety for the Buckeyes.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im interested to see if current Alabama commit viane talamaivao is gonna hold up throughout season. hear several current southern cal commits are already in his ear about staying home. just don't see this one going out of state...if he takes an official to SC I say hes gone... they cant afford to lose high value targets with the limits on scholarships

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im interested to see if current Alabama commit viane talamaivao is gonna hold up throughout season. hear several current southern cal commits are already in his ear about staying home. just don't see this one going out of state...if he takes an official to SC I say hes gone... they cant afford to lose high value targets with the limits on scholarships

Viane isn't going anywhere, or at least that's the way it looks. Him and Dominick Jackson are both heavily recruiting Damian Mama to follow them to Alabama, so that alone tells me he's pretty solid with his commitment. Anything can happen once he takes an official, but as of right now he's solid and recruiting for us.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Holcombe, 3-star OLB committed to Bama today.

His dad, Danny Holcombe, was an offensive guard and three-year letterman from 1980-82 at Alabama under Bear Bryant.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. But he may still have a college football career.

Devante Downs (Mountlake, WA), ATH/OLB. One of the Top recruits out of Washington state has torn his ACL at a camp held at Oregon State University. This means he will not play his senior year of H.S. for the Mountlake Terrace Hawks. He ran for 1,266yds and 23 TDs his junior year.

Stanford, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, and USC were all heavily recruiting him, along with about every PAC school, and Big10 schools like Michigan, OSU, and Nebraska showing interest, but many were predicting he would attend Washington at this point. UW linebackers coach, Peter Sirmon was doing the lead recruiting of him for UW, as he was projected to concentrate on the OLB position in college.

Mountlake coach Tony Umayam - "Even though his football playing days at Mountlake Terrace are over, I’m confident he still has a lot of good football ahead of him at the next level".

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could have been a serious loss, but fortunately it is not.

Randy Gregory, the 2013 #1 rated JUCO DE in the country has been cleared by the NCAA and will be on Nebraska's campus in approx 9 minutes.

He will be expected to play immediately.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viane isn't going anywhere, or at least that's the way it looks. Him and Dominick Jackson are both heavily recruiting Damian Mama to follow them to Alabama, so that alone tells me he's pretty solid with his commitment. Anything can happen once he takes an official, but as of right now he's solid and recruiting for us.

guess we will just have to wait and see. currently Alabama has like one player from California. He doesn't have ties to Alabama. yeah they have that national championship thing going...if they repeat or 3 peat I guess is what it is would go along way...funny most sec fans say SEC country bred players are better than players from Cal, texas or anywhere else. now dipping into the west coast say it aint so!....
the Damien mama kid would be a bigger blow to USC. saw him in competition in Washington recently and hes the real deal... I don't often get into recruiting until few weeks before signing day....but getting more into it...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we will just have to wait and see. currently Alabama has like one player from California. He doesn't have ties to Alabama. yeah they have that national championship thing going...if they repeat or 3 peat I guess is what it is would go along way...funny most sec fans say SEC country bred players are better than players from Cal, texas or anywhere else. now dipping into the west coast say it aint so!....
the Damien mama kid would be a bigger blow to USC. saw him in competition in Washington recently and hes the real deal... I don't often get into recruiting until few weeks before signing day....but getting more into it...

We love those California and Texas guys, it's the Northerners we're not too fond of..lol. Although we get some of them too, but I guess there are exceptions to everything. :lol:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bama fans wondering about Robert Foster, he has finally been cleared by the NCAA and was on his way to T-town today. I'm so relieved that this happened because I was seriously thinking he wouldn't make it.

With the addition of Foster, our future WR core is straight terrifying. Even though Chris Black and Robert Foster are all hype right now and Cooper is the only proven guy, if those two match their potential and what folks are saying, we're gonna have 3 eventual 1st-round picks at WR. But that's a big IF....shit happens, and they may not translate to the college level well. We can hope for right now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bama fans wondering about Robert Foster, he has finally been cleared by the NCAA and was on his way to T-town today. I'm so relieved that this happened because I was seriously thinking he wouldn't make it.

With the addition of Foster, our future WR core is straight terrifying. Even though Chris Black and Robert Foster are all hype right now and Cooper is the only proven guy, if those two match their potential and what folks are saying, we're gonna have 3 eventual 1st-round picks at WR. But that's a big IF....shit happens, and they may not translate to the college level well. We can hope for right now.

Nice.

Oh and Bell ain't bad.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

Oh and Bell ain't bad.

Yeah he ain't bad, but I'm about to give up on that guy. It might not be this way, but it sure seems like every time this guy is supposed to produce, he gets injured or something.