• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schefter tweets

1. Teams that have made calls about moving back in draft include PHIL, DET, CLEV, BUFF, MIA. Doing what they should.

2. Two teams so far that have shown some willingness to move up in the draft are Miami and Atlanta.

Id trade down with miami for their 12th and one of their 2nd rounders any day. Maybe both their 2nd rounders. Make the call martin!

If the Lions can pull this off, they'll look like draft geniuses to pretty much everyone on this board. That may only last until they actually pick at 12, but you have to take the small victories when you can get them.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 ways Martin Mayhew could anger Detroit Lions fans during 2013 NFL draft | MLive.com

anwar richardson is the most retarded writer i have ever read. Why the fuck would you make an article about this. This is common sense. He's just writing articles to meet his quota now i suppose. Honestly? Does anyone really see this and say, no i disagree with that. No shit those scenarios will piss us off, because those are all things that only an idiot would do.

Last edited by a moderator:

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more mock drafts are saying Lane Johnson to the lions at #5. noooooooo anyone but him

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more mock drafts are saying Lane Johnson to the lions at #5. noooooooo anyone but him

Why is that? He's got huge potential at LT if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. He's not quite as plug and play ready as the other two, but he's still ready to be a day one starter, per the scouts and analysts...

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? He's got huge potential at LT if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. He's not quite as plug and play ready as the other two, but he's still ready to be a day one starter, per the scouts and analysts...

Of all the players, i feel that he has the biggest bust potential. And we can't afford to miss on a pick this high. Its almost guaranteed that Fisher and Joeckel are going to be elite, Johnson not so much. Same reason that i believe that we should pass on ziggy. In my opinion, you draft on what is there, not what is suppose to be there in a couple years, if that makes any sense. I think that's why so many people are high on Warmack and Cooper, they are proven, elite, talents.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would trading back to the last pick of the 1st round be too far back? I think this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 2nd would be a good trade

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade back most likely for any reasonable offer. So much more talent in rounds 2 and 3 compared to most years.

Could cause more a cap problem in the coming years with all those extra picks.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'd rather have ziggy, than lane johnson. But could could this be a smokescreen, maybe force a team that likes ziggy to move up to 4 to take him, moving the eagles out of position and having eric fisher fall to us.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would trading back to the last pick of the 1st round be too far back? I think this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 2nd would be a good trade

I personally think trading down to the last pick would be a bad idea. It would have been a good idea a few years ago with the old rookie salary cap.

I prefer not to go down past 12 (Miami). I still want Warmack or Ansah.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many rumors!!! I love draft week. But would you give up a 3rd to move up two spots??

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is whoever is there at 3 worth it in a deep draft like this? I hope we don't...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the O/U for first round trades tomorrow? I would put it around 6.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, nobody from the Lions asked me but here is my dream scenario. Somehow we use our top 2 picks to trade into position to draft Jarvis Jones and Jonathon Cooper. Putting aside Jones' injury history, I will let this esteemed crowd list why the Lions can't/shouldn't do this.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's still only 26, and would eliminate another draft need

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why so many people are high on Warmack and Cooper, they are proven, elite, talents.

There is no such thing. It's draft day...for as many top pick sure things that panned out...just as many don't.

Tony Mandarich
Ryan Leaf
Vernon Gholston
Jason Smith

to name a few.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many rumors!!! I love draft week. But would you give up a 3rd to move up two spots??

I wouldn't think so because I think no matter what, by default we will get a good player. BUT If they have a guy they really like and want to be sure they get him than I am all for it.