• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we just have a magical season...

If our turnover margin turns around we could do something crazy.

Watch us just be that team that forces turnovers left and right.

Oregon was that way last year.

They really weren't very good. They flat out sucked at times, but they forced turnovers when it mattered. Go back and watch the national championship. That thing would have been so much worse of a blowout than it was if they didn't force some crazy turnovers.

It was like that the whole season for them.

It makes you wonder... Does turnover margin directly reflect skill level, or is it largely discipline and coaching?

I remember the stat an outlet threw out saying Nebraska was the only team with a top 25 avg ranking over the last 10 years who had as bad of a turnover margin as they did.

Alabama probably has the best turnover margin of any team in the last decade.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not expecting a lot in the win columns (though I do think if the stars aligned 10 wins a possibility) but I will consider the season a success and the transition moving in the right direction if they eliminate or near eliminate procedural penalties, missed tackles, poorly ran routes, failure to take care of the ball, panics resulting in meltdowns, and finally beat downs from lesser or comparable teams.

Basically the things you would expect to see with a coaching staff you pay millions. If I see that this year and Riley's boys can recruit anything near halfway decent I think we will be in good shape a few years down the road. Right now though Riley needs to get the right tools in place and I think it will take at least the first half of the season if not the whole year to get the Bop dysfunction out of the team.

But I will throw a beer bottle through the tv and burn my Husker gear the first time I see an o-lineman fall on his ass before the ball is snapped.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskers have 2 losses before the Wisconsin game, I think we see Ryker Fyfe.

Face it. He fits the Riley offensive philosophy more than Armstrong does. Riley is adjusting his offense to fit Armstrong. More square peg, round hole stuff.

It's akin to Tagge/Van Brownson in 1970. Van Brownson was the better athlete when it came to running the ball, but Tagge had the mental aspect of executing T.O.'s offense, and was the better passer.

Riley's just milking Armstrong's experience.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was the listening to the radio the other day and they said if you had a choice between 9-4 and the unknown which would you take. I was like, well how did we get to 9-4?

basically exactly how HuskerinSECland said it, i just want to see this team become better. every year it was the same problems and some things even getting worse. I don't want to see blow out losses, i don't want to see some guy run for 200 yds on us, let alone 400 yds. i can stand losing a 24-17 or even 24-7 game if the other team is clearly better, it was the struggles against inferior opponents that killed me. it was the way we played that killed me. Its looking back at games and thinking, if we hadn't turned it over 6 times we would have won, or if we hadn't abandoned the run we would have won.

I'm looking forward to the new day of Husker football. next saturday can't get here soon enough.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskers have 2 losses before the Wisconsin game, I think we see Ryker Fyfe.

Face it. He fits the Riley offensive philosophy more than Armstrong does. Riley is adjusting his offense to fit Armstrong. More square peg, round hole stuff.

It's akin to Tagge/Van Brownson in 1970. Van Brownson was the better athlete when it came to running the ball, but Tagge had the mental aspect of executing T.O.'s offense, and was the better passer.

Riley's just milking Armstrong's experience.

There was a dramatic tone shift from the coaches about his play recently.

I think he'll be ok.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a dramatic tone shift from the coaches about his play recently.

I think he'll be ok.

Big difference between games and practice.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the staff at all.

He made his decision and that's fine, but right now the culture should be that it's absolute blasphemy to commit to any other school.

We'll find a better TE than Noah. Maybe not this year, but soon.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nebraska really wanted him to play DE. And that is why he picked IowannabeNebraska

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing he wanted to go pre-med I would think that would make it pretty difficult to play in Lincoln. Not every kid who grows up in Nebraska will be a good fit. He wasn't.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit guys. We're a week away.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Welch ‏@RealMikeWelch "Tommy's work since we've gotten here has been at the highest level ... He's a great QB to have." - Mike Riley #Huskers

@Red_Alert

Mike Welch ‏@RealMikeWelchMike Riley expects Josh Banderas (groin) to be practicing on Monday. Great news.#Huskers

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip Alex Lewis expected to be back Monday along with Daniel Davie, Josh Banderas and perhaps Brandon Reilly. Riley "hopeful" on Reilly. #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip The WR injuries during camp remain a concern. Affected continuity of practice, Riley says. #Huskers

Rich Kaipust ‏@RKaipustOWHMike Riley spoke positively of potential #Huskers run game. Said chance to be consistent and attack in variety of ways w/ RBs, QBs, WRs

Rich Kaipust ‏@RKaipustOWH @DryHuskerFrog Carter, Cotton, Sutton for sure, then I guess Reimers, McNitt among walk-ons (probably forgetting someone, too, Trey)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Welch ‏@RealMikeWelch "Tommy's work since we've gotten here has been at the highest level ... He's a great QB to have." - Mike Riley #Huskers

@Red_Alert

Maybe I'm more analytical than most, but that just tells me TA tries hard. He works hard. He has to find something nice to say about him.

That's not the same as saying he has "all the tools/skills" whether they be mental or physical.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm more analytical than most, but that just tells me TA tries hard. He works hard. He has to find something nice to say about him.

That's not the same as saying he has "all the tools/skills" whether they be mental or physical.
yea me to -- saying this is too PC for me
the Huskers need to be more confidant on thar first string QB
that is all

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he' got what he' got. You can't blame him for what he has in the cupboard yet. That's why what I am looking for is a more disciplined team. Can't ask more of Riley yet although. I do hope that Langsdorf can add a couple of complete passes to his portfolio but that is only hope at this point.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Frazier making big time plays for NDSU today. Brent and Jessie calling the game if anyone's interested.

If anyone doesn't remember, King Frazier walked on at Nebraska a couple years ago out of Missouri.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. Just got himself a TD.