• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL really needs to fix the officiating issues

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was what's his names point about it being a league/rule issue instead of officials. Now with the ability to challenge PI Refs are keeping their flags in their pockets(welp, it can be challenging so why bother throwing it?)

But when challenged, the call stands on those PI calls virtually every time. That's a bad position to take anyway, as teams only get 2 challenges. If every PI situation was automatically reviewed like scoring plays and turnovers, sure the refs could default like that and have an argument to do so.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when challenged, the call stands on those PI calls virtually every time. That's a bad position to take anyway, as teams only get 2 challenges. If every PI situation was automatically reviewed like scoring plays and turnovers, sure the refs could default like that and have an argument to do so.

Oh, I agree with what you said as PI has only be overturned what 6 times? But officials have that in the back of there head (challenge). Also, no official knows what is or isn't PI. The league screwed that one up

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw on TV where they stand by the penalty called on the Lions defender for helmet to helmet contact. On the play where the defender was going for the ball & the packer receiver got KO'd.
They said the defender is responsible even if he is going for the ball, which is complete Bullshit. So it was asked if it were the other way around. Would the receiver get called for helmet to helmet. NFL said no. It is still on the defender.
Such complete Bullshit to protect their referees.

So now if I am a WR just run into the defender & hope for the penalty if he is going for the ball. :tsk:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw on TV where they stand by the penalty called on the Lions defender for helmet to helmet contact. On the play where the defender was going for the ball & the packer receiver got KO'd.
They said the defender is responsible even if he is going for the ball, which is complete Bullshit. So it was asked if it were the other way around. Would the receiver get called for helmet to helmet. NFL said no. It is still on the defender.
Such complete Bullshit to protect their referees.

So now if I am a WR just run into the defender & hope for the penalty if he is going for the ball. :tsk:

They have no clue what the rules are...it's getting ridiculous. That in bold kinda explains it all, no intent to hurt the other player yet they are penalized. Wow lol

I've seen many instances where the offensive player created helmet to helmet contact on the defender or grabbed a defensive players' facemask and the defensive player never gets that call other than on the OL.

If the NFL continue to stand by these refs and there obvious uncertainty of these rules then the league is going to be brutal in years to come, already headed that way and getting unwatchable. They NEED to do something about it THIS season.