• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new standard in baseball

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who?

dice-k JR?

Possible. Might also be akin to a young Kuroda. Some team is going to spend a lot of money to find out. If the Rangers scouting department, which presumably includes some of the same guys ho thought Darvish was worth the risk, thinks that Tanaka is also worth the risk, I'm certainly not qualified to argue with that assessment.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

BeEjoFmCMAIrnEj.jpg:large

LOL

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be served in Seattle this sunday, the DangerRuss.

dangeruss.jpg

You’ve only truly made it as a star when your team is selling $12 hot dogs bearing your name at the concession stands.
Behold “The DangeRuss Dog,” available this weekend at CenturyLink Field when the Seahawks take on the 49ers. The foot-long’s toppings include Beecher’s mac ‘n’cheese, caramelized onions, Sriracha honey hot sauce, diced jalapeno peppers and crispy “Seahawks Strips.”

That's right. $ 12.00 for a pumped up hot dog.

Wow.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy. Just Jack being Jack.

There are few celebrity NBA fans more known that actor Jack Nicholson and during last night’s Cleveland Cavaliers/Los Angeles Lakers game, he was not too pleased with former Lakers head man/current Cavs head coach Mike Brown.
With time running down in the second quarter of play, Brown can be seen obstructing Jack’s view for a quick second.

What did Jack do? Yell at Brown to move the hell out of his way!

And, HE DID!!

You keep being you Jack.....

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very odd.

However, I like her team spirit. She looks like the type you could nail in the car in the parkinig lot after the game.:noidea:

"c'mon baby, lemme see those seahawks!"

I wonder what she'd look like as a giants fan lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some info that helps show a financial timeline in baseball. Remember, this was the last year before free agency.

It was on this date back in 1973 that Steve Carlton becomes the highest paid pitcher when he signs a contract with the Phillies for a reported $165,000. The 28 year-old southpaw, last season's unanimous Cy Young Award winner, will lose a league-leading 20 games this season after posting a 27-10 record last year for the last place team.

10 years later, when he was pretty washed up and done, he got $ 1,125 mil, and was nowhere near the top of the salary chain.

A lot can change in 40 years..........

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Fun fact.

The above happened 21 years ago.

The reason to post on this is that Ventura today turned as old as Nolan was the day of the fight, 46.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy. Just Jack being Jack.

There are few celebrity NBA fans more known that actor Jack Nicholson and during last night’s Cleveland Cavaliers/Los Angeles Lakers game, he was not too pleased with former Lakers head man/current Cavs head coach Mike Brown.
With time running down in the second quarter of play, Brown can be seen obstructing Jack’s view for a quick second.

What did Jack do? Yell at Brown to move the hell out of his way!

And, HE DID!!

You keep being you Jack.....

Definitely one of my favorite actors. His role as Frank Costello in The Departed is one of his best, in my opinion (which might be noteworthy, since Scorsese was mentioned yesterday).

A story about Jack that I love is that an attractive young woman once asked if him if he would like to dance, to which he reportedly quipped, "Wrong verb".

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be served in Seattle this sunday, the DangerRuss.

dangeruss.jpg

You’ve only truly made it as a star when your team is selling $12 hot dogs bearing your name at the concession stands.
Behold “The DangeRuss Dog,” available this weekend at CenturyLink Field when the Seahawks take on the 49ers. The foot-long’s toppings include Beecher’s mac ‘n’cheese, caramelized onions, Sriracha honey hot sauce, diced jalapeno peppers and crispy “Seahawks Strips.”

That's right. $ 12.00 for a pumped up hot dog.

Wow.

Doesn't look half bad.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N.Y Football Giants = toothless

S.F Baseball Giants = gay.

:laugh3::lol::laugh3:

agreed.

tho I must mention two things

the giants and their fanbase are respeceted. the jets are not and never will be.

when I think of California baseball, I think of Oakland and LA first. not sure why SF has a team lol

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Fun fact.

The above happened 21 years ago.

The reason to post on this is that Ventura today turned as old as Nolan was the day of the fight, 46.

I remember this being on sports illustrated. I really thought it was the most famous picture in MLB history.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.

tho I must mention two things

the giants and their fanbase are respeceted. the jets are not and never will be.

when I think of California baseball, I think of Oakland and LA first. not sure why SF has a team lol

or SD :whistle: