• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New NBA

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is changing, your grandpap's NBA of players hating each other, never taking a paycut, never playing with another star :rollseyes: and shoveling snow both ways up hill on the way to the game to help the needy is past us. Players are remembering why they play the game and are becoming willing to do what it takes to accomplish that why.

Melo is the next star who said he doesn't need the money like he needs to win. The CBA didn't rule out super teams, it will just be more in the hands of the players than ever before.

Carmelo Anthony says he'd take less money to stay in New York - CBSSports.com

*In a weird twist of irony the salary cap did what it always does, protect the owners, not ensure competitive equality. The best players will be able to pick and choose where they want to play and build their teams and once again the LA's and NY's and MIA's will get rich while CLE will forever be CLE.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is never going to lead anyone to anything.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree, I can not remember ever seeing him move with out the ball let alone set a pick or play D for more than a couple possessions in the playoffs, but he is willing to sacrifice money I would assume so that NY (or who ever) can bring in more talent to have somebody else lead. At the very least he is seeing what is working, and realizing that winning is important, and following that example.

I think Melo and LBJ are friends so it would make sense they talk shop together.