• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good summer for German football, World Cup in Brazil and the German women take the U-20 World Cup tourney in Canada.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this.

I have to go internet free starting at 3. Home by 4 from work. Balotelli playing at the Etihad would have been fun to watch...

I was pretty bummed that he wasn't going to play today...but then I remembered that he signed with Liverpool and I wasn't bummed anymore.

Oh, and I'll drop this in riiiiiiight here:

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Di Natale scored all 5 for Udinese yesterday in their Copa Italia game ... pretty good chip here ...

messier_laugh.gif

oopsy ... that was a shitty chip

heres the good chip

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I don't miss those Lovren screw-ups...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer Guy ‏@usasoccerguy 3m

GOALSHOT! Joe the Titch gets another as the Aquabirds sink in the Manchester wetness. #sundownsoccer

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Di Maria at Carrington, will likely sign later today.

Looks like Bayern have gotten Benatia - IMO that's a huge missed opportunity for United and Chelsea who both need CB help.

Giroud is out for 3 months, which means Wenger is currently looking at loaning a 20 year old from the French Ligue 2 and when that blows up in his face he'll blame Manchester City and Jose Mourinho because that's all the shitstain knows how to do.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Balotelli is going to do fine...Man City was just one loss

Luis Suarez had 12 assists in the EPL last season. Balotelli had 1 assist in 3 years in England. THAT is the biggest problem with this deal for Liv.

Well, that and he isn't a good CB. Should've kept Ilori.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Suarez had 12 assists in the EPL last season. Balotelli had 1 assist in 3 years in England. THAT is the biggest problem with this deal for Liv.

to be fair (deported) ... it was a fairly BIG one

Spiny Norman

Not Quite Dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I think that:
1) Rodgers may be able to get him to buy into the team concept (with Gerrard)
2) he and Sterling are going to cause a lot of problems for the other teams' back lines

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early so who knows what to expect, but barring injuries or crazy transfer moves in January I don't see anybody toppling Man City, Chelsea may have the best shot. If Balotelli goes off Liverpool can do some damage but they need to get that backline in order. I suppose Man U is always in the discussion since they can add whoever they want.

Really hoping City can finally make noise in the Champions League, too much underachieving there. But their depth right now is just silly. Their 4th striker option scored twice yesterday against one of their main threats for the league title.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think that:
1) Rodgers may be able to get him to buy into the team concept (with Gerrard)
2) he and Sterling are going to cause a lot of problems for the other teams' back lines

I always laugh at argument #1. So Mourinho, Mancini and Prandelli couldn't get him to work for the good of the team, but Brendan Rodgers is going to? :confused2:

Can't tell the future, but the guy's workrate has always been his detriment. Ibra's been a sack of shit for a decade+ and he's probably been the best striker on the planet in that time. His personality would be ignored for the most part if he played to his potential, plain and simple.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early so who knows what to expect, but barring injuries or crazy transfer moves in January I don't see anybody toppling Man City, Chelsea may have the best shot. If Balotelli goes off Liverpool can do some damage but they need to get that backline in order. I suppose Man U is always in the discussion since they can add whoever they want.

Really hoping City can finally make noise in the Champions League, too much underachieving there. But their depth right now is just silly. Their 4th striker option scored twice yesterday against one of their main threats for the league title.

Jovetic is better than Dzeko and Negredo, and can give (a healthy) Aguero a run for his money. Just needs to be played.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What scares me about City is Mangala is yet to play a game. Yaya and Fernando looked solid as hell, which makes sense because Fernando is the most criminally underrated player on the planet until now. Throwing Mangala back there with Kompany is going to make it really, really hard to score against this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.