• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 teams have a legit chance to win the Premier League this season...Man, I hope they didn't use too much prime CPU time on that relevation (lol).

Only_5_Teams_Have_A-afc2f0fba73e00483cd5e663695c6996

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/only-5-teams-legit-shot-160700707.html

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't QPR bought a few years back by a guy with a bottomless pit of money? I thought the big thing was he was going to start buying up players and making them relevant? Am I remembering that wrong? Did I make it up? Is anybody listening to me?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to have 100 million pounds in the Southampton coffers, but the fans want a competitive team on the pitch as well. I hope the Saints training academy can pump out some more players.

They still have Ward-Prowse, who is an absolute gem. I think they'll spend a bit in the next two weeks after seeing what they have in their early PL games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't QPR bought a few years back by a guy with a bottomless pit of money? I thought the big thing was he was going to start buying up players and making them relevant? Am I remembering that wrong? Did I make it up? Is anybody listening to me?

Tony Fernandes owns 66%, and he's worth about $600 million. Not exactly bottomless.

Lakshmi Mittal, chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, owns 34%. He's worth $16 billion. Much more bottomless.

QPR did invest like crazy in their squad, the problem was the guys doing all the spending, Neil Warnock followed by Mark Hughes, were asshats of managers and spent the money on rubbish players. Now Redknapp is in charge, and he is also quite the dipshit when it comes to managing and spending money (just ask Portsmouth).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Ribery retiring from international football effective today ... question is will he join Nasri on the French womens national team ??? :think:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinkin this news prompts mooger to get the yedlin hair-do

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]499639312322134016[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair :noidea: , Id wear a mask too if i was the spawn of that bizarre love connection

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang knows how to celebrate a goal

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
gazillionaire and dating a supermodel, and the fucking twat still needs to compensate

Bu8FBpXIMAAH4Gt.jpg:large

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gazillionaire and dating a supermodel, and the fucking twat still needs to compensate

Bu8FBpXIMAAH4Gt.jpg:large

What's the big deal?

Love how Ibra, who is more self-aggrandizing than anybody on this fucking planet (which I am perfectly fine with because he's hilarious), gets plaudits and praise for doing something good earlier in this thread, but Ronaldo is a fucking twat because he fucks around in a team pic he's taken about 10,000 times but is totally ignored for for things like this that put not only Ibra but probably anybody else in the world of sports to shame. Like, how do you know he wasn't warming up by doing some heel-to-toes and the camera just snapped at a time where it caught him on his toes?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Suarez has ban length upheld, will now be allowed to train with team, though. This means his first game in which he will be eligible to play is October 25th vs. Real Madrid :loco2:

In related news, that Polish team that fielded an ineligible player in the last ten minutes of their 6-2 demolition of Celtic had their expulsion upheld, costing them potentially millions in Champions League revenue and officially making this the dumbest fucking sports move I've seen since Rick DiPietro signed a 15 year contract.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50-50 on Liverpool. They could either end up like Atletico Madrid did after selling their superstar and compete on all fronts and even win one, or like Tottenham and have a train wreck of a season.

Also can't understand for the life of me why they aren't giving a regular spot to Tiago Ilori. When a CB playing for a relegation-battling team gets man of the match against Barca, he's got enough fucking talent to compete with Mamadou Sakho for a spot in the starting 11. Not sure why they needed to spend $30 million on Dejan Lovren when you have that on the bench.

I'm definitely biased, but don't think Liverpool will pull a Spurs this year. They have brought in some players who played in the Premiership last year (the Southampton guys) as well as two good signings at fullback. Fullback was terrible last year, I hope I never see Glenn Johnson in a meaningful game again. Flanagan showed some promise, too. Manquillo and Moreno will hopefully really help us out back there. We aren't replacing Luis' goals, but conceding less would be preferable anyway, at least in my opinion. I think the changes in the back four may accomplish that.

As far as Ilori goes, I like him, but I'd like to see him loaned again this season. I think Sakho is miles ahead of him at the moment. He is physically dominant. He needs to work on playing out from the back a bit, his footwork can be a bit clumsy at times, but a rotation of him, Skrtel and Lovren makes me happy. I think Ilori is an eventual replacement for Skrtel, which could happen as soon as next year. Agger and Toure won't get much play this year unless there is an injury. I also think Coates has some potential.

Liverpool needs one more signing, and attacker (striker or winger) to complete a pretty good offseason. I really want Marco Reus but I think I'm dreaming. Top 4 this year would be a successful season. That and United missing out again (or getting relegated in a perfect world) would make me pretty happy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely biased, but don't think Liverpool will pull a Spurs this year. They have brought in some players who played in the Premiership last year (the Southampton guys) as well as two good signings at fullback. Fullback was terrible last year, I hope I never see Glenn Johnson in a meaningful game again. Flanagan showed some promise, too. Manquillo and Moreno will hopefully really help us out back there. We aren't replacing Luis' goals, but conceding less would be preferable anyway, at least in my opinion. I think the changes in the back four may accomplish that.

As far as Ilori goes, I like him, but I'd like to see him loaned again this season. I think Sakho is miles ahead of him at the moment. He is physically dominant. He needs to work on playing out from the back a bit, his footwork can be a bit clumsy at times, but a rotation of him, Skrtel and Lovren makes me happy. I think Ilori is an eventual replacement for Skrtel, which could happen as soon as next year. Agger and Toure won't get much play this year unless there is an injury. I also think Coates has some potential.

Liverpool needs one more signing, and attacker (striker or winger) to complete a pretty good offseason. I really want Marco Reus but I think I'm dreaming. Top 4 this year would be a successful season. That and United missing out again (or getting relegated in a perfect world) would make me pretty happy.

FWIW, I know they tried to get Cavani, which would probably make them title contenders as well as one of the more dangerous teams outside the Real-Bayern axis to contend in the CL. I don't have a lot of faith in Daniel Sturridge.

I also think Sakho is a liability. Unfortunately for Liv, I think Ilori will begin to cause a stink if he isn't in their first squad this season and it's looking that way. He wants to be called up to Portugal, he wants to play Champions League football (something he'd be doing at Sporting right now had he not moved), and playing out on loan at another minnow isn't going to sit well with him.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.

Rumor is Cardiff is calling. We will see how this turns out. I think he has real potential. I would rather see them start to phase Skrtel out and rotate him in, especially if not playing him runs the risk of losing him altogether. Although without Skrte in therel, who would pull and grab our opponents during set pieces? I don't know how he gets away with it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitecaps pick up option on Ousted (good deal, I think he's had a fine season).

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to have 100 million pounds in the Southampton coffers, but the fans want a competitive team on the pitch as well. I hope the Saints training academy can pump out some more players.

Keep an eye on Dušan Tadić. You'll be pleasantly surprised with him as he was the best player in the Eredivisie last season and think Southampton will be a perfect step up for him.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That u mooger?

Status
Not open for further replies.