• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, Barca-Real-Bayern + 1 in the semis for the billionth time this decade then?
I'd say Real and Bayern are pretty much sure things. I definitely wouldn't bet against Barca, but Athletico is no pushover.

The PSG v. City matchup should be fun to watch though. I'd give a slight edge to PSG, but it's a close one.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Real and Bayern are pretty much sure things. I definitely wouldn't bet against Barca, but Athletico is no pushover.

The PSG v. City matchup should be fun to watch though. I'd give a slight edge to PSG, but it's a close one.
I think PSG will destroy City. City's barely got a workable defence as it is and now Kompany is out for pretty much the rest of the season meaning Pellegrini is likely to throw Dimichelis in there to give us all one last laugh before the door shuts on all of them.

Atleti's got a chance. 2nd leg in Madrid is a huge advantage for them - if they can manage a draw at Camp Nou all bets are off. But if MSN get going early it'll be an ugly scene by the time the 2nd leg rolls around.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PSG will destroy City. City's barely got a workable defence as it is and now Kompany is out for pretty much the rest of the season meaning Pellegrini is likely to throw Dimichelis in there to give us all one last laugh before the door shuts on all of them.

Atleti's got a chance. 2nd leg in Madrid is a huge advantage for them - if they can manage a draw at Camp Nou all bets are off. But if MSN get going early it'll be an ugly scene by the time the 2nd leg rolls around.

I for one am ready for the next phase of Man City. They need to move on from the core that worked a few years back and are still there. Looking forward to seeing some 4-3-3 formations out of Pep, I'm just done with this cast of characters.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am ready for the next phase of Man City. They need to move on from the core that worked a few years back and are still there. Looking forward to seeing some 4-3-3 formations out of Pep, I'm just done with this cast of characters.
They just never quite seemed to get it right. Aguero has needed a fellow superstar no. 9 pretty much since day 1 in order to give him rest and fill in when injured. They tried so many experiments rather than just go out and buy a Cavani or Higuain or Lewy or whoever. Balo, Negredo, Bony, Adebayor...none of it ever made sense given the amount they were spending.

And the defence. Man, Mangala is a shade of what he was at Porto and I'll never understand how they didn't pay closer attention to just how bad Otamendi is. I think they had a core, the Yaya's and Silva's and Kun's, that deserved at least one good CL run but the accompanying personnel moves have been really weird.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little concerned about the upcoming Euro 2016 in France.
Understandable. They definitely have some serious problems on their hands security-wise and it's going to take a Herculean effort to keep things safe and even then it still might not be enough. It's not just stadia, remember, it's also city centres with screens set up for viewing and bars/restaurants fans will congregate at prior to games. Adding another 8 countries to the mix didn't make things any easier.

But, fuck em. If the loonie hadn't dove so bad I would've grabbed tickets and went. I'm not going to let a bunch of yahoos who took a basic chemistry course and let a crazy interpretation of an ancient text dictate the level of depravity with which they wish to live their lives direct what I do with the freedom I enjoy as a result of centuries of human development and prosperity, a freedom many men better than they or I died to preserve and cherish. I hope to live a long, full lifetime but if I do have to go prematurely I could think of fewer ways I would like to go out than doing something I love while at the same time giving both middle fingers to the vermin who think they scare me. The best way we can all show that they can never win is to never change the things that make us proud of who we are.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say BBB, you have posted some quality stuff in your time here, but that post above goes to the top of the heap in my book.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johann Cruyff dead, cancer.

There aren't many people who were responsible for completely revolutionizing the sport they played. Cruyff was one of the few, both on and off the field.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johann Cruyff dead, cancer.

There aren't many people who were responsible for completely revolutionizing the sport they played. Cruyff was one of the few, both on and off the field.

sad day for football BBB. RIP Mr. Cruyff, cancer sucks.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully more likely to happen than trumps idea

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know what hotel the Mexican team is staying at? Might be time to turn the tables and hold an all night vigil/party outside.

The mexican fans tried to keep their own players awake last night

Mariachi in the hotel lobby and they got booted

Status
Not open for further replies.