• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said some of the same shit about Ben Simmons.

"If he's so good, how come he couldn't get his team to the NCAA tournament?"

Simmons seems to be doing ok.

Yeah. Both of these kids went to college solely to meet the NBA's arbitrary rules. Perhaps they should have picked better way stations but hardly indicative of anything related to either.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I take back all the shit I said about Danny Ainge this Summer.
Here's the rule of thumb I use:

If Ainge ever makes a decision and I think for even a moment that it might have been the wrong one... I gently remind myself that Danny Ainge is a genius and I'm a total, total idiot for questioning him in any way.

Hope that helps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Both of these kids went to college solely to meet the NBA's arbitrary rules. Perhaps they should have picked better way stations but hardly indicative of anything related to either.

That's part of why I hate the one and done rule.

You're going to force a kid who is good enough to play in the NBA out of high school, to go to college when he doesn't want to claiming that it's for his education....all the while knowing that he's going to be on campus for less than a year?

Makes no sense and takes away a scholarship from a kid who may actually want/need it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of why I hate the one and done rule.

You're going to force a kid who is good enough to play in the NBA out of high school, to go to college when he doesn't want to claiming that it's for his education....all the while knowing that he's going to be on campus for less than a year?

Makes no sense and takes away a scholarship from a kid who may actually want/need it.

Those kids are really only taking classes for one semester to keep their grades up. Calling them students is just silly.

NBA needs to make the G-league a true minor league and add rounds to the draft. If kids want to skip college, they could go directly to the draft, but be relegated to the minors until ready (maybe even institute an age restriction to be called up to the NBA, if they're concerned about being ready physically at that age).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those kids are really only taking classes for one semester to keep their grades up. Calling them students is just silly.

NBA needs to make the G-league a true minor league and add rounds to the draft. If kids want to skip college, they could go directly to the draft, but be relegated to the minors until ready (maybe even institute an age restriction to be called up to the NBA, if they're concerned about being ready physically at that age).

100% agree. I don't even think they need to set an age. Kobe and I believe KG were 17 when they signed their contracts and went straight to the NBA. If the kid comes out of high school good enough to go to straight to the NBA...great. If not, he goes to the G-league.

I think it would make the G-league more compelling and may help with attendance for those games. The way it is now, how many guys come from the G-league and stick in the NBA? If the G-league were a true minor league, the whole point would be to develop the kid for the NBA.

That's part of what makes the MLB minor leagues interesting and fun. You may be watching several players who will contribute to the big league club in a couple of years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. I don't even think they need to set an age. Kobe and I believe KG were 17 when they signed their contracts and went straight to the NBA. If the kid comes out of high school good enough to go to straight to the NBA...great. If not, he goes to the G-league.

I think it would make the G-league more compelling and may help with attendance for those games. The way it is now, how many guys come from the G-league and stick in the NBA? If the G-league were a true minor league, the whole point would be to develop the kid for the NBA.

That's part of what makes the MLB minor leagues interesting and fun. You may be watching several players who will contribute to the big league club in a couple of years.

They need to complete high school. If they do that at 17, fine. I'm not talking GED either. The age restriction would only allow the NBA to keep up the false pretense that they are keeping kids from going direct to the NBA from high school in the kid's best interest. I am suggesting that a fully affiliated G league become a true option vs the NCAA, instead of forcing kids to play overseas for an alternative.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ones really talking about him but Bogdan Bogdanovic is starting to put together a nice string of games. Shooting 48.8% from the field, 41.3% from 3.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ones really talking about him but Bogdan Bogdanovic is starting to put together a nice string of games. Shooting 48.8% from the field, 41.3% from 3.

25, foreign, and plays for the Kings. Good way to stay under the radar for an NBA rookie. Fox takes all the rookie hype in Sacramento.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think kids can actually enter the G-League right out of high school but they still can't be drafted until 19 so the structure for that is pretty much in place already. It wouldn't be hard at all to do something like that.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogdan might be the best player on the Kings right now, which isn't saying a lot but he's been solid. Struggled early on in the season but is at 16ppg, 3.5rpg, and 3.8apg and shooting almost 60% from 3 this month. The team would be smart to get him more shot attempts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kids can actually enter the G-League right out of high school but they still can't be drafted until 19 so the structure for that is pretty much in place already. It wouldn't be hard at all to do something like that.

Not sure about that. I read that Mitchell Robinson wasn't eligible for the G-league (decommitted from college before this season), so he's training on his own for the upcoming draft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk has to be the biggest disappointment from the lottery picks after Fultz right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk has to be the biggest disappointment from the lottery picks after Fultz right?

He's one of the most inconsistent players i've seen in a while. The one game i've seen him play (other than against the Lakers), he scores 21 against NY. That was in early November. Hasn't scored more than 9 since.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the most inconsistent players i've seen in a while. The one game i've seen him play (other than against the Lakers), he scores 21 against NY. That was in early November. Hasn't scored more than 9 since.

Yeah last night vs Miami he was a DNP-CD.

They should probably send him to the G league

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is THE biggest disappointment. Fultz has a legit excuse. He's been hurt and possibly the Sixers are botching it trying to mess with his shooting form while he's hurt. Monk has no excuse. He's healthy. He appears to have forgotten how to play basketball

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is THE biggest disappointment. Fultz has a legit excuse. He's been hurt and possibly the Sixers are botching it trying to mess with his shooting form while he's hurt. Monk has no excuse. He's healthy. He appears to have forgotten how to play basketball

I disagree.

I know he has been hurt, but I would be disappointed if I saw an 8th grader with a shot that looked like Fultz's. Dude is the number one pick and his shot is busted completely. We are now months removed from a supposedly minor injury.

Besides, it isn't uncommon for 19 year old guard to struggle, but expectations should be much higher for the #1 pick.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I know he has been hurt, but I would be disappointed if I saw an 8th grader with a shot that looked like Fultz's. Dude is the number one pick and his shot is busted completely. We are now months removed from a supposedly minor injury.

Besides, it isn't uncommon for 19 year old guard to struggle, but expectations should be much higher for the #1 pick.

then all I can say is...

thanks, Philly...:D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

He's getting closer...

Still needs more work but it's getting better. I still expect to him on the court in the next few weeks but I doubt he'll be much of an outside shooting threat.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3