• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking others opinion on which of 3 players drafted in the last 2 years is most likely to be a superstar is petty? Lol wow

The only reason that thread was started was because of tlance's petty bullshit issues with Shaqdaddy and you know it.

But your hypocrisy is pretty entertaining.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your poll was petty bullshit. You denying that?

Why is it petty?

Because you and I both know most would side with me?

We had a debate going. If you think your side has merit, then it is a legit question.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLetSkZ.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, sure thing

So you are saying it isn't a legit question?

You overvalue your Laker players. Which is fine. Ingram and Ball are both very good prospects. Tatum is a better one, IMO. I think most would agree, although Ingram played very well tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying it isn't a legit question?

You overvalue your Laker players. Which is fine. Ingram and Ball are both very good prospects. Tatum is a better one, IMO. I think most would agree, although Ingram played very well tonight.

Yet again you neglect Kuzma.

Probably because he's a Lakers players, and because I'm a Lakers fan and you want to disagree with everything I say, he must be a scrub.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the Lakers players need to be viewed through the prisms of 1.) they play the game at a high pace (LAL lead the league in FGAs per game), 2.) they are a bad team overall, and 3.) many are young.

Tough to talk in certainty given these factors... but I will say it's a situation built for some inflated offensive stats.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again you neglect Kuzma.

Probably because he's a Lakers players, and because I'm a Lakers fan and you want to disagree with everything I say, he must be a scrub.

So that is the issue?

I am not neglecting Kuzma. He is a good player. He also has nowhere near the upside of the other 2.

Since all your guys are so good, I see no reason for you to even sign a FA this summer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that is the issue?

I am not neglecting Kuzma. He is a good player. He also has nowhere near the upside of the other 2.

Since all your guys are so good, I see no reason for you to even sign a FA this summer.

Is that a fact or an opinion?

Because as per your rules, opinions aren't allowed on here, only facts.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with shaqdaddy is that she is one of the most biased posters here.

And I never said Ball and Ingram won't be superstars. I said it is unlikely. Truthfully, it is unlikely for any rookie not named Simmons and maybe Tatum.

not trying to start any crap, man. but don't you think it's a tad early to make that determination...?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to start any crap, man. but don't you think it's a tad early to make that determination...?
Depends on what one means by "superstar", I suppose... I don't see it, either, frankly.
  • Ingram comes closest to that potential, IMO. Dude is somewhat held back by his genetics... he just doesn't seem to have the frame to hold weight/muscle. But he can possibly become KD like in his game.
  • Kuzma doesn't scream "star" to me... rather, I see a rich man's role player... which I honestly don't mean as a put down. That's still amazing value for where he was picked.
  • Ball is interesting. He simply has to fix that monstrousity of a shot... get that mess broken down totally and then built back up. If he can do that, I'd be more bullish on him. He's gotta show he can do that. Or else it's always gonna hold him back.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what one means by "superstar", I suppose... I don't see it, either, frankly.
  • Ingram comes closest to that potential, IMO. Dude is somewhat held back by his genetics... he just doesn't seem to have the frame to hold weight/muscle. But he can possibly become KD like in his game.
  • Kuzma doesn't scream "star" to me... rather, I see a rich man's role player... which I honestly don't mean as a put down. That's still amazing value for where he was picked.
  • Ball is interesting. He simply has to fix that monstrousity of a shot... get that mess broken down totally and then built back up. If he can do that, I'd be more bullish on him. He's gotta show he can do that. Or else it's always gonna hold him back.

not really saying "superstar" either. in fact, i'm placing ANY tag on any rookie or 2nd year player until i see more...

that was my only point...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really saying "superstar" either. in fact, i'm placing ANY tag on any rookie or 2nd year player until i see more...

that was my only point...
I hear ya...

... at the same time, we can start making some reasonable guesses IMO... always being aware that these guys are young and the final book is far from being written yet. The thing about potential is... a lot of young players got it. Most don't fulfill it, at least not totally...

A good story out there right now is Victor Oladipo. Guy comes out this season and, more and more, looks like a bonafide star. I wouldn't have guessed that... so, yeah, there's hope out there.

One thing I like about Oladipo is he got some muscle... that matters so much in the NBA... this is a man's league. The Lakers young guns, OTOH, are just light in the pants. Muscle isn't the only thing that matters, and there are certainly guys that excel without it... but I admit that's a big consideration of mine when I try to guess their potential.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the Lakers players need to be viewed through the prisms of 1.) they play the game at a high pace (LAL lead the league in FGAs per game), 2.) they are a bad team overall, and 3.) many are young.

Tough to talk in certainty given these factors... but I will say it's a situation built for some inflated offensive stats.

I'm inclined to agree to a point. I think they are obviously talented and given their youth, it's definitely far too early to be making any definitive statements about their future.

I think Ingram is the most likely candidate to eventually get at least close to superstar status. Lonzo has a shot as well if he can get his shot figured out. He can be Jason Kidd if he can develop a consistent shot.

Overall though, unless they land a top FA or 2, the Lakers may well be a "whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" type team eventually. Similar to the Spurs and even GSW to an extent.