• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most Michigan State little brother thing ever

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. I think some of these "Michigan" posters are really ohio state of Michigan State fans trying to make Michigan look bad. They disregard history and outcomes which are not favorable to us. A true Michigan fan embraces the unfavorable and prepares for the counter attack (not like we can have an impact on the game - but we think we can).

Maybe.

I still think you guys are dead.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. I think some of these "Michigan" posters are really ohio state of Michigan State fans trying to make Michigan look bad. They disregard history and outcomes which are not favorable to us. A true Michigan fan embraces the unfavorable and prepares for the counter attack (not like we can have an impact on the game - but we think we can).
My wife is a Michigan fan and she openly despises MSU football. She was cheering so loud and dancing in my face during the playoffs and it made that Alabama game ever more worse than just the ass beating. But I find Facebook amusing because anytime Michigan state football is mention Wolverine fans bring up 38-0 as if they had anything to do with that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dwell on it, I just can't believe it was such a monuments moment in MSU history, in less than a single year, that they wrote a book about it.

Well, it's probably because MSU has been kicking the shit out of UofM for nearly a decade and there are still fruits referring to them as "little brother," so handing the Wolverines a historically painful loss is something to write a book about.

If nothing else, it's a great way to troll asshat Michigan fans such as yourself. Kudos to the author.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phelps was a former student, and coach. He was ineligible to compete for Michigan while here because he was already sponsored.
Phelps was only there because his coach he had for years got a full time job there. When the coach left he left. Phelps is a MD guy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phelps was only there because his coach he had for years got a full time job there. When the coach left he left. Phelps is a MD guy.
Yes, Phelps was born in Maryland and that's his home state. No one's trying to claim Phelps is FROM Michigan. But he was a former student and coach at Michigan, so I don't get your attempt at saying that doesn't matter. Phelps attended no other University, he coached at no other University and stayed in no other city for 6 years. He trained directly under our head swimming coach. The only thing he didn't do is swim for Michigan. He was there because we had one of the best swimming programs and coaches in the nation, that's good -- no?

Reactions: BUD

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's probably because MSU has been kicking the shit out of UofM for nearly a decade and there are still fruits referring to them as "little brother," so handing the Wolverines a historically painful loss is something to write a book about.

If nothing else, it's a great way to troll asshat Michigan fans such as yourself. Kudos to the author.
Teams who "kick the shit" out of other teams don't feel the need to write books about it. I don't see Michigan's book about Indiana coming out any time soon -- or for that matter -- OSU's book about their stomping of the program last year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams who "kick the shit" out of other teams don't feel the need to write books about it. I don't see Michigan's book about Indiana coming out any time soon -- or for that matter -- OSU's book about their stomping of the program last year.
Yeah, Michigan just does books for a coach that was there for less than three years.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Michigan's book about Indiana coming out any time soon -- or for that matter -- OSU's book about their stomping of the program last year.

Harper Collins is in the final editing phase on my book about OSU kicking the shit out UofM. Keep an eye out for it this fall. It's called, Knee Deep In The Wolverines For Fifteen Years

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Michigan just does books for a coach that was there for less than three years.
Also preseason national championship rings and candy.
146022433773711_zpsmhq2fggo-png.105605

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Phelps was born in Maryland and that's his home state. No one's trying to claim Phelps is FROM Michigan. But he was a former student and coach at Michigan, so I don't get your attempt at saying that doesn't matter. Phelps attended no other University, he coached at no other University and stayed in no other city for 6 years. He trained directly under our head swimming coach. The only thing he didn't do is swim for Michigan. He was there because we had one of the best swimming programs and coaches in the nation, that's good -- no?
Phelps was there because of the coach that he had for many years before MI. His coach went to MI. I guess MI tried to buy a swim team like they are doing with the football team. The coach left after what 4 years and Phelps has been gone since.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phelps was there because of the coach that he had for many years before MI. His coach went to MI. I guess MI tried to buy a swim team like they are doing with the football team. The coach left after what 4 years and Phelps has been gone since.
False, Phelps has made multiple visits back to Ann Arbor.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are an embarrassment to Michigan fans.

I love the Bama fans -- they take it personal, as if Saban gives two shits about them, if someone says "he is a great coach in the SEC". :pound:

How about this -- when Saban has won a bowl game or playoff game outside the SEC -- I will change my opinion. Until then -- my opinion hasn't changed. Great coach...............in the SEC. Outside the SEC -- 0 bowl wins, 0 playoff appearances, 0 division titles.

This is why I laugh hysterically when he says he wants CFB to be a "level playing field":pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Bama fans -- they take it personal, as if Saban gives two shits about them, if someone says "he is a great coach in the SEC". :pound:

How about this -- when Saban has won a bowl game or playoff game outside the SEC -- I will change my opinion. Until then -- my opinion hasn't changed. Great coach...............in the SEC. Outside the SEC -- 0 bowl wins, 0 playoff appearances, 0 division titles.

This is why I laugh hysterically when he says he wants CFB to be a "level playing field":pound:

Well shit, you didn't have to prove what I said was true, but I appreciate it.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm confused. Didn't Alabama win the National Championship last year and wasn't Saban the Head Coach?