• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most infamous really the most famous?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would semi debate it if Shadows was only being filmed in the months or weeks leading up to the MSJ. It was being filmed on and off for a year.

Plus Vince didn’t really even become Mr. Mahon right afterwards. If it were a shoot (IMO) Owen would’ve been given much better roles than the dumb ass ones he got. Owen would’ve been the perfect top corporate type guy along side Vince against SCSA until the Rock became what he became

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would semi debate it if Shadows was only being filmed in the months or weeks leading up to the MSJ. It was being filmed on and off for a year.

Plus Vince didn’t really even become Mr. Mahon right afterwards. If it were a shoot (IMO) Owen would’ve been given much better roles than the dumb ass ones he got. Owen would’ve been the perfect top corporate type guy along side Vince against SCSA until the Rock became what he became
Exactly. The idea of it being a work is faggot ass smart marks trying to wax clever.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had gone back and forth on this for many reasons.

I end up saying no only because one James E. Cornette who worked with WWE at the time says no.

I trust Corney because he has no reason to still try and hide the lie if it was a work. He has practically buried anyone and everyone associated with WWE at that time so I don't think he would have any problems saying it was a bullshit angle if that is what it actually was.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I end up saying no only because one James E. Cornette who worked with WWE at the time says no.

I trust Corney because he has no reason to still try and hide the lie if it was a work. He has practically buried anyone and everyone associated with WWE at that time so I don't think he would have any problems saying it was a bullshit angle if that is what it actually was.

I think the only people who know for sure it was a work was Bret and McMahon. I think everyone else within the business was sold it was a shoot.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

As far as Cornette goes he strikes me as an old school guy who would go the furthest to protect kayfabe.

Really though, my guess is that most people in the wrestling business would keep the secret if they know it's a work.

Watching it now "evil" Mr McMahon comes down the ramp halfway through the match surrounded by his cronies, calls for the bell himself etc. It's ridiculous.

The whole thing looks to me like a work in retrospect. I'm not in the "know" or a anything, just an opinion

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I legit laugh out loud everytime he talks about Vince Russo. I honestly think if he knew he wouldnt go to jail he would kill him.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I legit laugh out loud everytime he talks about Vince Russo. I honestly think if he knew he wouldnt go to jail he would kill him.

The Russo Rants are more entertaining than the last seven years of WWE programming!

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hebner says both Bret/Shawn knew about it. I knew it was a work

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True.

And Pritchard said it wasn’t a work and he was baffled by the undertaker guarding McMahon’s door after it went down.

But why did Owen and the bulldog stay?

A friend asked me that question and it got me thinking...I always backed Bret on this and the stories seems to back him up. Including him getting an extra week to show up for wcw to give wwf more time to drop the belt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hebner says both Bret/Shawn knew about it. I knew it was a work

If Earl thought it was a shoot then why did he run a 4.2 40 to the locker room right after and they had to run the belt to Shawn while he was running out as well? I can’t imagine Bret wouldn’t have said anything about it by now especially with how negative he has been with the WWE direction. Him and Shawn have a solid special and I can’t imagine either one of those guys are good enough actors to make Jim Ross believe if it was a shoot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

And Pritchard said it wasn’t a work and he was baffled by the undertaker guarding McMahon’s door after it went down.

But why did Owen and the bulldog stay?

A friend asked me that question and it got me thinking...I always backed Bret on this and the stories seems to back him up. Including him getting an extra week to show up for wcw to give wwf more time to drop the belt.

Did Bulldog or Owen even get contract offers at the time Bret did?

Bret has always maintained he would’ve dropped the belt to Austin right before SS or on Raw the next night.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Bulldog or Owen even get contract offers at the time Bret did?

Bret has always maintained he would’ve dropped the belt to Austin right before SS or on Raw the next night.
Yeah but it was pretty obvious then that they were gonna be building up StoneCold to win the belt at WrestleMania.