• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The MLB 8-8-8 Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights games will decide our matchup, I have four pitchers going tonight...

My dumbass picks up a pitcher with a favourable matchup then I realize that matchup was for that day but of course you don't get to play the player till the next day.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted 500

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolzzz well my 4 pitchers sucked! Well 3 of them did so looks like i'm playing for 3rd!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating is what it is. My honest perspective is that the pick six clearly should have been a TD. Two bad calls. The PI not called on Graham came on a pass that Wilson was clearly trying to throw away, so I don't believe that should be rewarded. It was also likely not catchable, which is what Carroll said the officials told him. And Troy and Joe did whine about it for like 20 minutes when they literally never said one word when Adams got clearly interfered with on a downfield pass. I found that very odd. Bottom line is think anyone objectively watching would say the Packers were the better team on Sunday. Whenever these teams matchup just bet on the one at the home. Easy game to handicap.

I would disagree about the Packers being clearly the better team - except the Seahawks OLine was so horrible that it rendered the entire offense moot most of the day. Defense (at least the first 30+ minutes of field time) and special teams were great - just need the OLine to be better. Add in Wilson overthrowing a wide open Lockett for what was most likely a touchdown, and the offense didn't do enough to win the game.

As for the refs - the Lane call was just egregious, though honestly I thought it improved the defense (sad to say). It just really sucks for Naz Jones - it's not like DTs get that many TDs, so he might not get another one his entire career.

On the PI on Graham, even if Wilson had thrown it away - it was still catchable (IMO). The ball hit just outside the white line and wasn't much higher than Grahams helmet (even with him being pulled down). There's just no way to say that Graham couldn't have caught that - but that's just speculation.

I missed the Davante Adams play (I missed part of the game and since I don't remember the play it's possible that it was during that stretch), so cannot comment on it beyond that there were calls that the Packer should have gotten as well. I can't find any video on it, so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally, I wish the refs were better so there wouldn't be an outlet for fans to cry about it. I can't say that the refs didn't have an effect on the outcome - but there's no way one can say the rest of the game is played out exactly as it was if the pick-6 had stood, so there no way of saying that the refs costed anyone the game. I just get really tired of hear how the refs screwed up the game Sunday, and how Seahawks should be ok with it because the refs supposedly screwed over the Packers in the past. Calls are calls, and there'll be games that are won and lost on sketchy calls, and every franchise has them (Raiders still complain that the Immaculate Reception hit the ground!), so why, OH WHY, do fans need to feel justified that the other fanbase sees it exactly as they do?!

Last edited:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree about the Packers being clearly the better team - except the Seahawks OLine was so horrible that it rendered the entire offense moot most of the day. Defense (at least the first 30+ minutes of field time) and special teams were great - just need the OLine to be better. Add in Wilson overthrowing a wide open Lockett for what was most likely a touchdown, and the offense didn't do enough to win the game.

As for the refs - the Lane call was just egregious, though honestly I thought it improved the defense (sad to say). It just really sucks for Naz Jones - it's not like DTs get that many TDs, so he might not get another one his entire career.

On the PI on Graham, even if Wilson had thrown it away - it was still catchable (IMO). The ball hit just outside the white line and wasn't much higher than Grahams helmet (even with him being pulled down). There's just no way to say that Graham couldn't have caught that - but that's just speculation.

I missed the Davante Adams play (I missed part of the game and since I don't remember the play it's possible that it was during that stretch), so cannot comment on it beyond that there were calls that the Packer should have gotten as well. I can't find any video on it, so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally, I wish the refs were better so there wouldn't be an outlet for fans to cry about it. I can't say that the refs didn't have an effect on the outcome - but there's no way one can say the rest of the game is played out exactly as it was if the pick-6 had stood, so there no way of saying that the refs costed anyone the game. I just get really tired of hear how the refs screwed up the game Sunday, and how Seahawks should be ok with it because the refs supposedly screwed over the Packers in the past. Calls are calls, and there'll be games that are won and lost on sketchy calls, and every franchise has them (Raiders still complain that the Immaculate Reception hit the ground!), so why, OH WHY, do fans need to feel justified that the other fanbase sees it exactly as they do?!

No dog in the fight but that ball was very catchable for a player like Graham especially...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Shane

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the @TheRobotDevil okay? He hasn't replied back to my last 3 texts which is normal for you other SportsHoopla assholes but not for the Devil.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted UK

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Sushi

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the @TheRobotDevil okay? He hasn't replied back to my last 3 texts which is normal for you other SportsHoopla assholes but not for the Devil.

Yeah, he's good he's just got some stuff going on, he should be back soon...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's good he's just got some stuff going on, he should be back soon...

Work or other? Either way hope he is back soon I miss that guy. Yes it sounds Ghey.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text UK