• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Minnesota Timberwolves will make the playoffs as an 8th seed with a 43-39 record.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't exactly been the toughest stretch of games (Thunder x2, Blazers x2, Spurs, Lakers, Magic (L?), undermanned Heat, undermanned Cavs), but they did beat the Grizz and Warriors.

Definitely been an easier schedule, but good to see a Wolves team do what they were supposed to for a change. They didnt just beat the trash(aside from Magic) but they mostly steamrolled them

I keep saying it, but if they can get themselves into a playoff series with the Grizz they can win that series...........not saying they will win it. Actually I would bet they dont. But I would be stunned if it doesnt go 6 minimum. And they could pull that one out with the offense they got.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game back from avoiding the play in. The next 7 games for the Wolves are pretty tough, if they keep pace I would be surprised.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game back from avoiding the play in. The next 7 games for the Wolves are pretty tough, if they keep pace I would be surprised.

Its tough.

Avoiding the play in is good.

But only if Memphis ends up the 3.

We do not want Golden State.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough.

Avoiding the play in is good.

But only if Memphis ends up the 3.

We do not want Golden State.
I would rather avoid the play in game completely. Timberwolves are not really equipped to make huge improvements after this year, so most growth is going to come internally. I want them to get as high of a seed as possible, and take their lumps in the playoffs this year.

Wolves currently sit at 6, 2 games against the Mavs this week gives a potential shot to move into the 5 seed as well. I would love that

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather avoid the play in game completely. Timberwolves are not really equipped to make huge improvements after this year, so most growth is going to come internally. I want them to get as high of a seed as possible, and take their lumps in the playoffs this year.

Wolves currently sit at 6, 2 games against the Mavs this week gives a potential shot to move into the 5 seed as well. I would love that

Cant fear winning a play in game at home. I want to be better set up for a potential round 1 upset. That would really help the growth.

I am obviously operating on the assumption Curry will be back and ready to therefore I think wolves best chance is against the Grizz match up wise. Play some shoot outs, pray they rebound the ball decently.

But yeah, play well this week against the Mavs and maybe start really talking 5 seed instead. Thats kinda the best of both worlds.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant fear winning a play in game at home. I want to be better set up for a potential round 1 upset. That would really help the growth.

I am obviously operating on the assumption Curry will be back and ready to therefore I think wolves best chance is against the Grizz match up wise. Play some shoot outs, pray they rebound the ball decently.

But yeah, play well this week against the Mavs and maybe start really talking 5 seed instead. Thats kinda the best of both worlds.
To me, the grizzlies are a worst case scenario. They play a type a physical game that the Wolves are not equipped to handle.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the grizzlies are a worst case scenario. They play a type a physical game that the Wolves are not equipped to handle.

They are similiarly inexperienced and our games with them are routinely competitive. They also play more of the "shoot out" style. Which is kinda the Wolves chance.

Locking down half court against a Curry led veteran Warriors will not end well. Would be flat out stunned if they won 1 game on the road. They could steal one in Memphis or maybe even Utah to make things interesting.

Obviously the suns would be a nightmare as well. That match up is very unlikely at this point though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are similiarly inexperienced and our games with them are routinely competitive. They also play more of the "shoot out" style. Which is kinda the Wolves chance.

Locking down half court against a Curry led veteran Warriors will not end well. Would be flat out stunned if they won 1 game on the road. They could steal one in Memphis or maybe even Utah to make things interesting.

Obviously the suns would be a nightmare as well. That match up is very unlikely at this point though.
On their winning streak they have not locked down a damn thing. Just outscored everyone. Which is fun, but I wish we had early season defense back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On their winning streak they have not locked down a damn thing. Just outscored everyone. Which is fun, but I wish we had early season defense back.

Yeah i really have no idea what happened to the D.

Obviously it was never going to be a great defensive team but it went from really solid to awful the moment 2021 turned into 2022

A lot of it has to do with the lack of size and strength. Those two things can make up for a lot defensively.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you have to assume a team will give Rosas is going to get another job. Most of this team including the coach was his work, and he did not get to be there to see it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT always gets pushed around by any center that plays physical.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT looks like he's still mimicking Bev, ends up looking childish.
He is the ultimate fake tough guy. Any physical center pushes him around, he loses his cool and gets into foul trouble.

He is actually trying on defense this year though. He may always be a bitch, but he is a bitch whose skills keep improving and I respect that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the ultimate fake tough guy. Any physical center pushes him around, he loses his cool and gets into foul trouble.

He is actually trying on defense this year though. He may always be a bitch, but he is a bitch whose skills keep improving and I respect that.

The march forward is important, but it would help if they got away from Bev I think. His tenacity is great, but that attitude could poison these kids.

Do they have another vet as a positive influence to balance those Bev issues?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The march forward is important, but it would help if they got away from Bev I think. His tenacity is great, but that attitude could poison these kids.

Do they have another vet as a positive influence to balance those Bev issues?
I don't mind him. Whatever he is doing has actually reached the players. Wolves have not played defense for 15 years. Jimmy Butler tried to get them to try and he lost the entire team, Bev got them to compete.

Maybe in the long run it flips, but for now his impact has been extremely valuable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind him. Whatever he is doing has actually reached the players. Wolves have not played defense for 15 years. Jimmy Butler tried to get them to try and he lost the entire team, Bev got them to compete.

Maybe in the long run it flips, but for now his impact has been extremely valuable.

Yeah, Pat Bev is an irritant. That has been mostly good for him and the teams he has played on because he's an irritant to opponents and his teammates seemto rally around that to a point.

But there also seems to be a point where he becomes an irritant to his own team.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last three games are must wins if we have any chance at getting out of the play ins. I think we can overtake Utah but it starts tonight. Must beat wizards.