• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Rams 2024 NFL Draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Shopson. Some articles I have read have suggested that Fautanu may fall to the early Second Round because he is a big body more suited to the Guard/Center position. If that indeed happens, it would really behoove the Rams to take him in the second especially if they do trade down and get a second selection in the Second Round.

Distinctly silent and because he got lost in all the talk of QBs and other more "stylish" O-Lineman is Powers-Jackson who may be there in the early Second Round as well. So if the Rams can trade down, pick-up a second, Second Rounder, and a Fourth and then take Thomas in the First and Fautanu or Powers-Jackson in the Second, then start with Defense, man that would be a great draft.

Jonah/Avila/Dotson is pretty set for starters inside. I could see a G with C potential a bit later (Puni or McCormick perhaps) for depth purposes, but that would take a day 2 pick which still might be a bit rich.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site mock draft just finished. I apologize to all Rams fans for the second round pick. Got great value in 5th/6th rounds however.

LOS ANGELES RAMS (Meebs)
1.19 : Byron Murphy - DT - Texas
2.20 : Junior Colson - ILB - Michigan
3.19 : Bralen Trice - Edge - Washington
3.36 : Christian Jones - OT - Texas
5.19 : Jamari Thrash - WR - Louisville
5.20 : Tip Reiman - TE - Illinois
6.20 : Dwight McGlothern - CB - Arkansas
6.29 : Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
6.33 : Qwan'tez Stiggers - CB - Toronto
7.34 : Devin Culp - TE - Washington

TRADE: 213 & 217 to Detroit for 205

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to see just how bad the Rams' drafts have been under McShitferBrains and Snead. Success here is defined as just how many drafted players have been re-signed (3 in 7 years from original rookie contract) or remain with the team dating back to McShitferBrain's first year of 2017. The Drama Queen was a better judge of talent than McShitferBrains, yet Fisher went nowhere and McShitferBrains went to two Snooperbowls. Go figure. Check this out especially year 2019.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to see just how bad the Rams' drafts have been under McShitferBrains and Snead. Success here is defined as just how many drafted players have been re-signed (3 in 7 years from original rookie contract) or remain with the team dating back to McShitferBrain's first year of 2017. The Drama Queen was a better judge of talent than McShitferBrains, yet Fisher went nowhere and McShitferBrains went to two Snooperbowls. Go figure. Check this out especially year 2019.

Some of the departed draftees were due to getting more money elsewhere, so those losses aren't entirely on the scouting. Rapp and Edwards are in potential starting roles this season with the Bills. Henderson, Gaines and Scott contributed as well.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully admit I am not in deep for Rams draft history, but what I see looking at that is a lack of early-round picks. Those are more likely to pan out, so they are loading up on way more dart throws than other teams with fewer likely hits. It can skew the overall results of what it looks like.

All I know is Brad Holmes was involved in many of those drafts, and the Lions have been a very good drafting team for the first time in my life.

This is all grain of salt from an outsider, but the Rams have done a solid job of filling in gaps with mid-late round picks to supplement the star-studded roster. I am curious how it looks going forward as the stars age.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully admit I am not in deep for Rams draft history, but what I see looking at that is a lack of early-round picks. Those are more likely to pan out, so they are loading up on way more dart throws than other teams with fewer likely hits. It can skew the overall results of what it looks like.

All I know is Brad Holmes was involved in many of those drafts, and the Lions have been a very good drafting team for the first time in my life.

This is all grain of salt from an outsider, but the Rams have done a solid job of filling in gaps with mid-late round picks to supplement the star-studded roster. I am curious how it looks going forward as the stars age.

The only old stars left are Kupp and Stafford. Both positions could be in the mix in this draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we lost Royce Freeman to the Caboys, two RBs who could easily be picked-up in the draft or even signed as UDFA would be Braelon Allen from Wisconsin and Trey Benson, who is lightning fast from Florida State.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we lost Royce Freeman to the Caboys, two RBs who could easily be picked-up in the draft or even signed as UDFA would be Braelon Allen from Wisconsin and Trey Benson, who is lightning fast from Florida State.

Sure, but those are starting options other teams will pursue, a bit over-spendy for the reserve role the Rams need IMO. They are both more likely day 2 picks than UDFA. Benson is the #1 RB in the draft on many people's rankings.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braelon Allen is not as fast but he would be a good Day 2 or 3 selection for back-up in RB especially when we need that big back in the red zone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braelon Allen is not as fast but he would be a good Day 2 or 3 selection for back-up in RB especially when we need that big back in the red zone.

The enticing thing about Allen is that he's still so young (just turned 20 in January) and has a lot of upside remaining.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he does, Shopson and he is a bit bigger than Freeman was/is and Freeman is getting older and approaching his retirement window pretty soon. So, Allen would really be a good selection for a lot of reasons.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he does, Shopson and he is a bit bigger than Freeman was/is and Freeman is getting older and approaching his retirement window pretty soon. So, Allen would really be a good selection for a lot of reasons.

His draft stock may be down too, as a result of Wisconsin changing up their offense in 2023. That took him out of his comfort zone and affected his performance. His 2022 tape is a lot better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. We have two Round 5 picks and 4, Round 6 Picks. If need be, we have two Round 3 picks and if Snead makes a trade to get Odunze which the rumors about have been gaining traction, we may end-up with a Fourth Rounder from somebody.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there is a ton of rumors going on that the Rams are very interested in WR, T. Higgins from the Bengals who is not doing so well in Cincinnati because they don't want to pay his big contract salary numbers. If a trade does indeed happen after the draft or even before, it may alter what we do with WRs in the draft. So, things may change because of that activity going on in the background.