• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "I've calmed down enough and drunk enough to revise my earlier rants" Thread

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come one, come all! If you said in another thread you'd trade Kaep for Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez, come one down and revise your opinion. If you said this team would be lucky to finish 3rd in the division next year, come on down and you get a do over! Fire Harbaugh? No worries, write a post and correct the record.

I'll start:
Yes Kaepernick needs to work on things, but no, it wasn't the stupidest decision since the Jets hired Rich Kotite. Patton would have netted 3 yards, and had he thrown the ball a little better and over the top it would have either been a td or an incomplete. Still probably should have take the safe play, but a better throw (and he's capable of throwing this) would have been fine.

The team will be fine next year, we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds I think when you count what we may get for Dashon for losing him. If Tank and Lattimore come through this year we can replenish and get younger and have enough ammo to get a stud corner, which is what we really need.

Harbaugh Kaepernick and Roman all have their flaws, but I think they're all dedicated and honest enough work on them. Kaep was back at the team facility the next day working from what I've read.

Finally -- it's like the saying about the guy who does the end zone dance "Act like you've been there." Let's act out the reality like we've been there before: Here is our history we've been in 6 super bowls, we're 33-22 in the playoffs, and been in 15 conference championships. Let's all stop acting like this is our first playoff rodeo and move the fuck on.

Oh, and Sherman is still an unbelievable asshole.

I'm going back to my scotch. Laphroiag, Right WARTY?!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

cnsv.jpg

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has changed for me. I would take a 3 mill/year Mark Sanchez over a 14 mill/year Kap every day of the week and thrice on Sundays (assuming Kap doesn't improve and that extra money improves other positions). That way the QB play wouldn't suffer a super significant drop off and the rest of the team would be improved greatly.

If Kap improves then most likely I would be happy to roll with him. But all things considerd he was a below average starting QB this year and he was worse in his second year than as a rookie so I'm not going to hold my breath that he improves next year. I mean, what has he shown to date to suggest he will get any better? That's where the dumbdumb stuff comes from, IMO.

Feel free to rip any of these arguments apart, I would be happy to debate them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Kaepernick needs to work on things, but no, it wasn't the stupidest decision since the Jets hired Rich Kotite. Patton would have netted 3 yards, and had he thrown the ball a little better and over the top it would have either been a td or an incomplete. Still probably should have take the safe play, but a better throw (and he's capable of throwing this) would have been fine.

The only part I really disagree with is that Patton would have only gotten 3 yards. I know that Maiocco said that, but still. I've watched this play so many times. I know how fast a ball can get somewhere, I know how fast a defender can get there, I know Patton and the defender would meet in the middle, but there's no way that this was only 3 yards. At the very least, I'm not taking it as fact in my argument that it would've netted 3 yards. If I am making a costs and benefits evaluation, I am leaving that has a variable. There are so many things involved, like someone slipping, like blocking, like Patton making a move, etc.

Plus, Patton wasn't the only guy. There was Davis, Gore, and Boldin. Anyone of them could've been better and any one of them could've been the same. Seattle's defense is good and none of them were wide open in the end zone. So it's a tough decision, in hindsight, something that I would not challenge the coach and quarterback. But that couldn't have been 3 yards.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it one more time, maybe it's just 3 yards if Patton is not the first read. But I wouldn't make such a conclusion. I already understood Kaepernick's decision, but I would furthermore excuse his decision based upon watching this again. However, you never know. "You never know" is not a good reason for Kaepernick not to go with what he was taught.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The QB must give the WR a chance to make a play! The pass was underthrown and Crabtree didn't get a chance to finish the play/win the game! GO 49ers!!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has changed for me. I would take a 3 mill/year Mark Sanchez over a 14 mill/year Kap every day of the week and thrice on Sundays (assuming Kap doesn't improve and that extra money improves other positions). That way the QB play wouldn't suffer a super significant drop off and the rest of the team would be improved greatly.

If Kap improves then most likely I would be happy to roll with him. But all things considerd he was a below average starting QB this year and he was worse in his second year than as a rookie so I'm not going to hold my breath that he improves next year. I mean, what has he shown to date to suggest he will get any better? That's where the dumbdumb stuff comes from, IMO.

Hahah your a dumb ass, sanchez is the worst qb in the league, Kap is 100x better and he is 26 and only been starting 2 years in the NFL, Sanchez, LMFAO

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad some of the guys who post in here do not run our team!!!! Wow Sanchez over Kap???? LMFAO

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK in 19 regular season starts-60%, over 5,000 yards with 31 Td's and 11 Int's. 940 yards rushing and 9 Td's
Sanchez-31 starts (all 2011 & 2012)-55%, 6,300 yards with 39 Td's and 36 Int's. 130 rush yards and 6 Td's....That is 12 more starts then Kap, add 12 more games on to CK numbers and he would be at 50+ passing Td's and a hell of a lot more passing yards then Sanchez. But look at the Int's 36>>>11, haha. I could say stupid shit too like the others on here. "man I wish we could sign Brandon Weeden and start him for cheap"

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK in 19 regular season starts-60%, over 5,000 yards with 31 Td's and 11 Int's. 940 yards rushing and 9 Td's
Sanchez-31 starts (all 2011 & 2012)-55%, 6,300 yards with 39 Td's and 36 Int's. 130 rush yards and 6 Td's....That is 12 more starts then Kap, add 12 more games on to CK numbers and he would be at 50+ passing Td's and a hell of a lot more passing yards then Sanchez. But look at the Int's 36>>>11, haha. I could say stupid shit too like the others on here. "man I wish we could sign Brandon Weeden and start him for cheap"

I take it those are Sanchez' numbers playing in Jim Harbaugh's system?

And Sanchez is just a name. Someone like McCown would do just as well for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I can give out a - 100, I would on this post. You are better then Whysies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah your a dumb ass, sanchez is the worst qb in the league, Kap is 100x better and he is 26 and only been starting 2 years in the NFL, Sanchez, LMFAO

Badger dont waste your time on this kid. He has no Idea what football is. Anybody that would want Sanchez has no clue.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but your stats are wrong a bit. He has played in 29 games the last two years, started 23 games, and your numbers include the 23 passes he had (about a game'a worth) in the concussion game and the five spot duty before. Not a big deal, except for 5000 in 19 games is on pace for 4210 yards and 26 TDs, but 5000 in roughly 24 games it would be 3333 yards and 21 TDs. Not sure where you got the 19 games number.

Having said that, your points seem logical. I'm happy with Kaepernick and think he will improve. Only if he doesn't, would I be concerned to the level of everyone else. I'd like to see a viable alternative before I worried. Not just abandon him if he didn't improve.