• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The irony is the defense had a very good game Sunday.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was 21 for 38. That is not a good completion %. He was 1 for 6 for -1 yard in the 4th. The Colts did not rush well.

Granted, they gave up a lot of points, but lets take a better look at it. . Obviously the 10 yard drive, and the drive after the safety after a personal foul. Which was like a 40 yard drive.

The defense, ironically, probably had the best performance.

The loss falls on the shoulders of three areas. First is the OL as discussed. Second was Trindon Holliday. Holliday does not seem to have a high football IQ. He carries the ball in the wrong hand. He fumbles, and he is not reliable in fielding punts. He allowed the punt the 4th quarter to fall and it burned off another 15 seconds. Then Hillman for obvious reasons. BTW, that fumble by Hillman can be blamed a little on that OL also. They had real penetration there, and I question the play call. The whole game the OL was being stuffed, and they could not pick up ONE YARD the entire game. That situation did not call for that play call at that time. Especially with Hillman, who has the reputation.

The OL is going to be a problem all year cause there is nothing they can do about it. I am not sure Holliday should be fielding punts, and if he has anything near the game he did Sunday again, then I would not care if they let him go. Remember this team does not NEED him to gain field position. The offense, is dynamic enough to where the notion of field position football is not the paradigm. Therefore, he does not need to bring it out when he fields a kick off 5 yards deep. He does not need to field the punt on the 5 yard line. "Hero football" pisses me off and it causes as many or more costly mistakes than it benefits.

So as long as the fans no longer have these delusions of grandeur that this team is flawless or the only reason the defense gave up so many yards to the Cowboys was because of the Broncos offense. Reminds me of people claiming the only reason Cutler was second in the NFL in ints and threw more red zone picks than any QB in 2008 was because the Broncos defense was so bad.

Irrelevant fallacies or circular reasoning. Whatever, but I do find it ironic that the defense actually played perhaps the best game of the season.....technically.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather our defense allow a few more yards and fewer points, than what happened in Indy.......

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather our defense allow a few more yards and fewer points, than what happened in Indy.......

A 10 yard drive, and a 40 yard drive is not on the defense really. Plus, with what they did in the 4th to Luck along with getting that strip to put the team back into it, is enough to see that the defense did not do badly.

It is not great by no means, but as I said, it is probably the best game technically of the year.

BTW, the reason the Broncos were so deep on their territory for a safety to happen was also because of Holliday.

They should have had help on Mathis at that time considering where they were, but that was the first sack of the game, so they probably thought he was handling himself at LT.

Either way, the defense techinically is not at fault.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has stood up when it actually needed to. 4th quarter of the colts game after being hung out to dry by the offense and taking away Romo's last drive in the cowboy game are two examples. I think their issues are can be fixed once healthy. I think they will continue letting up some yards but hopefully stiffen when needed and get a turnover here and there.

We just need to get some duct tape for Vickerson's helmet and tell him to stay away from the QB unless he has the ball.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trindon has to field punts. That's just the case. If he doesn't, we wouldn't have even been in contention against the Ravens last January. He may do some things that gives us bad field position or even turns it over, but he makes up for it because he scores often enough. The kickoff return or punt return for a TD is arguably the biggest play in a game. During our 6 year playoff drought I think we had 3 or 4 returns for TDs? Holliday does that in a season.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trindon has to field punts. That's just the case. If he doesn't, we wouldn't have even been in contention against the Ravens last January. He may do some things that gives us bad field position or even turns it over, but he makes up for it because he scores often enough. The kickoff return or punt return for a TD is arguably the biggest play in a game. During our 6 year playoff drought I think we had 3 or 4 returns for TDs? Holliday does that in a season.

Hopefully, the mistakes can be corrected. Holliday is too great a return weapon for the Broncos to not use him. He is a threat to score every time he fields a punt or kick.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was 21 for 38. That is not a good completion %. He was 1 for 6 for -1 yard in the 4th. The Colts did not rush well.

Granted, they gave up a lot of points, but lets take a better look at it. . Obviously the 10 yard drive, and the drive after the safety after a personal foul. Which was like a 40 yard drive.

The defense, ironically, probably had the best performance.

The loss falls on the shoulders of three areas. First is the OL as discussed. Second was Trindon Holliday. Holliday does not seem to have a high football IQ. He carries the ball in the wrong hand. He fumbles, and he is not reliable in fielding punts. He allowed the punt the 4th quarter to fall and it burned off another 15 seconds. Then Hillman for obvious reasons. BTW, that fumble by Hillman can be blamed a little on that OL also. They had real penetration there, and I question the play call. The whole game the OL was being stuffed, and they could not pick up ONE YARD the entire game. That situation did not call for that play call at that time. Especially with Hillman, who has the reputation.

The OL is going to be a problem all year cause there is nothing they can do about it. I am not sure Holliday should be fielding punts, and if he has anything near the game he did Sunday again, then I would not care if they let him go. Remember this team does not NEED him to gain field position. The offense, is dynamic enough to where the notion of field position football is not the paradigm. Therefore, he does not need to bring it out when he fields a kick off 5 yards deep. He does not need to field the punt on the 5 yard line. "Hero football" pisses me off and it causes as many or more costly mistakes than it benefits.

So as long as the fans no longer have these delusions of grandeur that this team is flawless or the only reason the defense gave up so many yards to the Cowboys was because of the Broncos offense. Reminds me of people claiming the only reason Cutler was second in the NFL in ints and threw more red zone picks than any QB in 2008 was because the Broncos defense was so bad.

Irrelevant fallacies or circular reasoning. Whatever, but I do find it ironic that the defense actually played perhaps the best game of the season.....technically.

u bring up good points but to let Holliday go??? that is crazy... what did he have like 6 TDs last year and already 2 more this year and extremely fast returner... He will learn from the fumbles, If we let him go he would be picked up by one of our foes within an hour

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has stood up when it actually needed to. 4th quarter of the colts game after being hung out to dry by the offense and taking away Romo's last drive in the cowboy game are two examples. I think their issues are can be fixed once healthy. I think they will continue letting up some yards but hopefully stiffen when needed and get a turnover here and there.

We just need to get some duct tape for Vickerson's helmet and tell him to stay away from the QB unless he has the ball.
Smile! I think they should really tell him...."No more belly bumps dude" ! Your gut is a letal weapon apperantly:laugh3: