• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hockey News Top 50 Players

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Thornton over Lidstrom as well. Lidstrom is a great player and all, consistent, but as of right now Thornton is much better. And DaBolt, IMO I like offensive Dmen, and think Green is one of the best at that spot, yes Doughty is a complete defenseman, but still I think Green is a better weapon all around, I think he had like 140 hits and 110 blocked shots, not counting the playoffs. Add that with 88 points last season, wish he was a blueshirt.

hits are a bad stat. different places count everything as hits. also doughty can put up points and green gets a great offensive team to rack up assists. green is not even close to as good as doughty.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Thornton over Lidstrom as well. Lidstrom is a great player and all, consistent, but as of right now Thornton is much better. And DaBolt, IMO I like offensive Dmen, and think Green is one of the best at that spot, yes Doughty is a complete defenseman, but still I think Green is a better weapon all around, I think he had like 140 hits and 110 blocked shots, not counting the playoffs. Add that with 88 points last season, wish he was a blueshirt.

be careful what you wish for...Although he would be their 2nd best scoring threat if he was

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Homer Alert**

Marleau is waaaay too low on that list. He should be top 30 IMO.

/alert

I'd put Datsyuk #1 just because he's capable of putting up 80 points, plus his defensive game is so great with all the takeaways and that crap that no one seems to care about. Obviously Crosby is not a bad choice for number one. His goal scoring prowess is better, playmaking ability is actually about on par with Datsyuk, maybe slightly better, but his defensive game does lack compared to Pavel's at least right now. Overall the list seems alright. Some omissions and people out of order, but nothing too horrible.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the # of players 25 or under near/at the top if that list is crazy

If memory serves, last year the Yearbook had the top 25 under 25 list. Didn't see such a list in this year's edition. Maybe they felt it would be redundant?

Or maybe I just didn't see it. Not a huge fan of digital editions of magazines...

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If The Mule stays healthy all year, he's in the top 15. Easy.

That's my shit talkin' for the day. Only I ain't shittin'. ;)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently a career year at age 29 after putting up mediocre stats the first 5 years in the league gets you into the top 3.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently a career year at age 29 after putting up mediocre stats the first 5 years in the league gets you into the top 3.

Mediocre stats playing on the Sabres???

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions no matter how dumb they are.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't remember it saying this was a career achievement list. Pretty sure it's based on who is kicking ass, right now. And Miller certainly qualifies based on last season.

As does Stamkos cracking the top ten. Doubt he would have made it last year... crazy what a Richard trophy can do.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semin over Nash? Really?

I'm a Pens fan, so I can't really dispute the big two toward the top. If only I wasn't a homer, I might have more credibility there... I can say that the most exciting players are in the top ten, not just my boys.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toews is a little too high. He had as good a season as one could hope for but I don't think he's the fifth best player in the game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semin over Nash? Really?

Semin blew his wad in the regular season, I believe Nash scored more goals in the Olympics + Stanley Cup playoffs (quite the feat considering the Blue Jackets were golfing in the middle of April).

Last edited by a moderator:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Philly getting the shaft? No one dislikes the Flyers more than me, but I'm can't sit here and say that there are this many players above Giroux and Richards. Just my opinion.