• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hard Knocks Thread; LA Stage

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - Jimmy Johnson once shouted in a training camp team meeting;
'Anyone who falls asleep in a team meeting will be cut!'

Later, the team's reporter asked;
'What if one of the players who fell asleep was Aikmen, or Smith?'

Johnson replied with a smile;
'I'd go get them a pillow'

:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q&A with ST Coach John Fassel

(On his thoughts on the Hard Knocks premier)

“When I saw my daughter, the little blondie, run into my arms, I have to say, I almost cried. I didn’t know it was going to happen, I was watching, I had no idea. It was really fun to see the special teams and the yoga, the special teams, then yoga, then I saw my daughter and I was like, ahh”

(On if his daughter knows where the sun rises)

“She’s always at the beach, so she knows. She knows it sets in the west, she sees it about every night.

(On players not knowing which direction the sun rises and sets)

“They don’t know. I had to think about it when you just asked me. I was like, ‘wait a second.’ We got our minds on football right now.

(On if being on the West Coast impacts players not knowing which direction the sun rises)

“That could be! Since we almost kind of switch, when we were in St. Louis, the sun is like in the middle. So, I don’t know. When they asked the questions, I was thinking about it, too. In the air, yeah, the Earth, yeah…”

Click here for the entire interview: LA Rams Aug. 8 Interview Transcript - ST Coach Fassel
I really like this guy!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how much of this "tough guy" Fisher is all hollywood. As if this team needs more hype.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how much of this "tough guy" Fisher is all hollywood. As if this team needs more hype.
Let me ask you this, what did you expect?

cce86e0903e75c51cbf91dd1b53f8cc5.jpg

:L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of an old golf joke you may of heard SJ, you old hacker!

A guy hits his ball off the tee and it hooks badly. He finds his ball on the edge of a field of buttercups.

il_570xN.99423178.jpg

So he looks around and the rest of his foursome is no where in sight so he 'kicks' his ball out of the buttercups and onto the fairway.

The+Wilderness+at+Fortune+Bay+Hole+6+Tee.jpg

Just then, Mother Nature appears....

mother_nature_by_cyl1981-d9fcwfk.jpg

And she tells the golfer...

I saw what you did, and for your good deed, I am giving you a 'LIFETIME OF BUTTER!'
The disgruntled man says....

giphy.gif

Where were you last week when I kicked my ball out of a grove of pussy willows?

:pound:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have expected the typical laid back Fish that wears his shades. "No rush mon"

But it's Hollywood. And maybe he's pissed at being 7-9 all the time

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A guy hits his ball off the tee and it hooks badly. He finds his ball on the edge of a field of buttercups.

il_570xN.99423178.jpg

So he looks around and the rest of his foursome is no where in sight so he 'kicks' his ball out of the buttercups and onto the fairway.

I saw what you did, and for your good deed, I am giving you a 'LIFETIME OF BUTTER!'

giphy.gif

Heard one like that but it was an island of woman and I think they were sex addicts
Or something. Long time ago.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

il_570xN.99423178.jpg

giphy.gif

So did he bang mother nature or what? seems like alot of info missing here!!! :D :lol: :suds:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Fletcher interview on CBS radio and he agrees Fisher has to win and the hard knocks play on Long and the woman was the exact right call. Fisher has to have the team sign on now or his address will read somewhere else next year.:nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Fletcher interview on CBS radio and he agrees Fisher has to win and the hard knocks play on Long and the woman was the exact right call. Fisher has to have the team sign on now or his address will read somewhere else next year.:nod:

It's not like Long was a difficult cut anyway; he wasn't going to make the team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Long was a difficult cut anyway; he wasn't going to make the team.
I think you may have missed the point. He was a PS guy from last year. He knows the offense and who knows, in his second year with the team his ST value surely has increased from his first year.

More importantly, Long was needed to provide reps for an offensive squad that was already depleted at WR (Down 2 WR's) and then Tavon cramps and Long is cut. Now, down 4 WR's we don't have enough personnel to get reps for the rest of the players and the 'team' misses out valuable practice time because we are now down 4 WR.

Part of Fisher's 7-9 rant was directed at Tavon too. Basically TA skipped lunch (Had two bananas) and that is why he was cramping.

So Fisher was right, it's just stupid stuff that leads to team failures.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may have missed the point. He was a PS guy from last year. He knows the offense and who knows, in his second year with the team his ST value surely has increased from his first year.

More importantly, Long was needed to provide reps for an offensive squad that was already depleted at WR (Down 2 WR's) and then Tavon cramps and he's cut. Now we don't have enough WR's to reps for the rest of the guys and the 'team' misses out valuable practice time because we are now down 4 WR.

Part of Fisher 7-9 rant was directed at Tavon too. Basically TA skipped lunch (Had two bananas) and that is why he was cramping.

So Fisher was right, it's just stupid stuff that makes leads to teams failures.

I understand all that, but don't think for a second he would be so bold if it was even Kenny Britt with a woman in his room.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all that, but don't think for a second he would be so bold if it was even Kenny Britt with a woman in his room.
I think he takes action but like was discussed earlier, you don't have the same penalty for a Starter than for a PS guy.