• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hard Knocks Thread; LA Stage

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great inside look on the first episode.

I'm going to watch it again for sure.... :nod:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later in the blimp, Goff asks P. Cooper....

'Where does the Sun rise.

Coop's answer....

'In the air?'

Goff, no where does it rise, North, South, East or West.

Coop.... Oh, in the West....."
:lol:

Was he kidding about this or was he really that stupid?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he kidding about this or was he really that stupid?
Well, neither were kidding.

Take if for what it's worth.

It is fascinating to me what young people know and don't know these days.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF with Kush and his tank top obsession?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, neither were kidding.

Take if for what it's worth.

It is fascinating to me what young people know and don't know these days.
It amazes me that after all of the years of school and 4 years of college that a lot of these kids nowadays still lack common sense.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazed? or frightened? :lol:
Not frightening to me at all. To me, it's of the same ilk as which side the moss grows on a tree.

I few years back, I worked with a lot of young people (18-22) and while they are very savvy in some areas, they are just plain ignorant in others.

Often these type of things would pop up in simple conversation or in little sayings such as: 'As sure as the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West', and they would say something like 'What? I thought it rose in the Air' lol You know, just like that.

I would find that this stuff would just pop up from time to time. It has little to do with intelligence IMO and is more in the realm of the 'need to know' category.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After it was over I put my head threw the ball, pumped. I thought it was interesting and Fisher's statement about 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 was what I want to hear. I don't know if he can get it done but it is what I want to hear. Anything Rams for me.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't even know the sun rises in the east, how about I put my head through the wall, pumped.:doh: Ugh

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing I learned was that Aaron Donald is literally Superman and can do pretty much ANYTHING at a competitive level...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid people come from every generation. It's always easy to say it's "this" generation that's fucking it up or they're too entitled, lazy, etc. As long as Goff can read a defense and Cooper can make plays after the catch, they can say the Sun rises from my ass.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid people come from every generation. It's always easy to say it's "this" generation that's fucking it up or they're too entitled, lazy, etc. As long as Goff can read a defense and Cooper can make plays after the catch, they can say the Sun rises from my ass.
I still don't think it's too much to ask that guys have a bit of common sense and know that the sun doesn't rise from the air. When I heard that conversation, this is how I felt.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of tough talk in the drama queen, Fisher-fashion especially now that the cameras are rolling. I hope he means it this time and he actually demands these guys to buck up or GTHO. I hope he really is holding these guys accountable in the Belicheat mold: "Do your job!"

History is not on his side though but if Fisher really is channeling is inner Dick Vermeil, we might just see a change and his first winning season. If not, and this is another in a long line of BS moves, then we will all be doing facepalms forever and a day. I am not holding my breath!

Jeff Fisher on cutting Rams player who had woman in dorm room: 'That is 7-9 bulls--t'

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of tough talk in the drama queen, Fisher-fashion especially now that the cameras are rolling. I hope he means it this time and he actually demands these guys to buck up or GTHO. I hope he really is holding these guys accountable in the Belicheat mold: "Do your job!"

History is not on his side though but if Fisher really is channeling is inner Dick Vermeil, we might just see a change and his first winning season. If not, and this is another in a long line of BS moves, then we will all be doing facepalms forever and a day. I am not holding my breath!

Jeff Fisher on cutting Rams player who had woman in dorm room: 'That is 7-9 bulls--t'
I think it was easy for Fisher to cut him since the guy wasn't drafted and an invitee to camp. I'm sure if it was a big name like Gurley, Goff, Donald, etc... that broke that rule he wouldn't have done a damn thing and overlooked it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was easy for Fisher to cut him since the guy wasn't drafted and an invitee to camp. I'm sure if it was a big name like Gurley, Goff, Donald, etc... that broke that rule he wouldn't have done a damn thing and overlooked it.
I'm not, he wouldn't overlook it, but would he have cut them?

Hell no, and if he did he should be fired on the spot.

I understand that some of you are going to or should I say need to pick CJF apart however he did the right thing with Long because he was an UDFA. It not like we couldn't have used WR Long, and it's not like the Eagles didn't sign him within hours, so we lost something of value and I think CJF did the right thing.

I'm sure there are different levels of punishment for Vets and draft picks, especially Pro Bowlers, Rookies of the Year and No. 1 Overall draft picks, and none of us would stand for it any other way.