• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Harbaugh/Baalke rift

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live here in phoenix. over the last week the local sports radio shows have been talking about the Harbaugh/Baalke rift a lot, especially with football 'experts' that have been around the team during training camp. Has any of the bay area shows been talking about it? according to some on the radio here, the vibe behind the scenes is pretty bad overall.

Harbaugh's stubborn attitute will be his downfall?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the team that closely, but to me this sounds like more of a media creation than anything else. I could be wrong since I don't know the ins & outs of their dynamic.

If there is a rift, maybe Harbaugh wants more power or control to make roster decisions & Baalke doesn't want to seed any power?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live here in phoenix. over the last week the local sports radio shows have been talking about the Harbaugh/Baalke rift a lot, especially with football 'experts' that have been around the team during training camp. Has any of the bay area shows been talking about it? according to some on the radio here, the vibe behind the scenes is pretty bad overall.

Harbaugh's stubborn attitute will be his downfall?

I listen to KNBR regularly and listen to and read CSN Bay Area. I haven't heard anything about it while I have been listening.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's stubbornness is seen as a positive while there is so much hope and excitement. The second that vanishes, it'll be his undoing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no rift. Its all the media make up.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it AGAIN today. The guy from CBS sports line was the guy visiting all the camps. Said the camp in Seattle was a fun energetic vibe then came down to SF where it was quiet and gloomy. Harbaugh wouldn't even come on his show- the only coach not to. Baalke did and talked about draft picks.

I think this thing is real, and hopefully doesn't get on the players too much.

It is easier when you win......

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They were talking about it AGAIN today. The guy from CBS sports line was the guy visiting all the camps. Said the camp in Seattle was a fun energetic vibe then came down to SF where it was quiet and gloomy. Harbaugh wouldn't even come on his show- the only coach not to. Baalke did and talked about draft picks.

I think this thing is real, and hopefully doesn't get on the players too much.

It is easier when you win......

yep, EVERYTHING is easier when you win.

not surprised there would be SOME disagreement, and I'd think this is common for 'executives' everywhere? so the question isn't if there is disagreement, but to what extent? Harbaugh is clearly good at what he does, and so far I think Baalke is too. naturally, both feel they make big contributions.

not many GM/HC combinations last a long time anyway, this is the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator: