• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good Things

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems like everyone is in a rather foul mood after last night's game (understandably), but I think there are a few positives to be taken out of the game.

First, despite how terrible the offense looked for most of the night, despite the 4 turnovers, the 3 and outs, and all the punts, the Broncos still put up over 30 points. I've been saying for weeks that the Broncos can put up 30 on anybody, and I think last night is more evidence supporting that. It's pretty hard to imagine a defense shutting down our offense much more than the Colts did, and yet at the end of the night we still scored 33 points. That means to beat us, you're going to have to score a lot of points.

Second, the defense, although terribly inconsistent, made enough plays to let the offense back in the game. The defense held the Colts to a field goal after the Manning interception, they forced a big turnover that allowed the Broncos to get back into it. I still think the Broncos defense can be ok, not great but ok. But they've got to get Woodyard back, he just makes such a huge difference on this defense.

So yeah, that's about it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inconsistent on both sides of the ball against a good team on the road isn't a recipe for success. Yet, had we not continued to keep undermining our own efforts we could have been in position to win. Credit to the Colts. Could very well see them in the playoffs.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully another good thing that came from this game is getting to watch CJ Andersen play next week. Although I'd rather just see Knowshon an entire game, someone has to relieve him in a no-huddle offense and Hillman and Ball aren't the guys I want doing it.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second, the defense, although terribly inconsistent, made enough plays to let the offense back in the game. The defense held the Colts to a field goal after the Manning interception, they forced a big turnover that allowed the Broncos to get back into it. I still think the Broncos defense can be ok, not great but ok. But they've got to get Woodyard back, he just makes such a huge difference on this defense.

Huh, boy. You went and said it. Cue our resident pessimists in 3...2...1...:whistle:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems like everyone is in a rather foul mood after last night's game (understandably), but I think there are a few positives to be taken out of the game.

First, despite how terrible the offense looked for most of the night, despite the 4 turnovers, the 3 and outs, and all the punts, the Broncos still put up over 30 points. I've been saying for weeks that the Broncos can put up 30 on anybody, and I think last night is more evidence supporting that. It's pretty hard to imagine a defense shutting down our offense much more than the Colts did, and yet at the end of the night we still scored 33 points. That means to beat us, you're going to have to score a lot of points.

Great post I agree 100% There is talent on this defense and it can be better. Will it ever dominate? Probally not but they should improve. Getting the o line healthy as possible (without Clady), turnovers and some improvement on defense will determine the Broncos fate.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We NEED Orlando Franklin healthy.

Too many mistakes against a good team.

Good post....

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, BroncoInCali. The bye cannot come fast enough. At least, we got a team next week that cannot stop anyone on defense or special teams. Holiday should have a better game returning the football. The Skins should be blown out if we can protect our qb and run the ball better than we did last game.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they sit Franklin again this week and and then he'll also have the bye week to get fully healthy.